• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

thank you master....im not worthy master.......three bags full sir......would master like me to lick the dog doo on masters shoes.........!

Well done sir.....you can take a bow!!!! we needed that win.

My pleasure, young grasshopper, one day I might teach you the ways of the OMT gods. And yes, there's plenty of dog doo that needs to be licked of from my shoes.

My pleasure, young grasshopper, one day I might teach you the ways of the OMT gods. And yes, there's plenty of dog doo that needs to be licked of from my shoes.

might I also claim that it was tim reading my mighty teamtalk that finally pleased the omt gods and aided in those lovely three points:)

Something else I liked about today - we've won games after conceding the first goal a fair few times in the last couple of years. But what's quite rare is for us to keep pressing on after we concede equalisers. Normally we crumble at that point, I can't think of any examples of us winning games after conceding an equaliser since the West Ham away game in February. But today, we kept our composure, didn't panic, and won the game with a dominant second half performance. Was great to see.

Having finally managed to watch the match, a few thoughts.

SCIB (South Coast Inbred Club - cant call them Big Club any more as their neighbours have won more than them) are not the team the press have been getting all excited about. They've been over performing at the start of the season and now seem to be back at their level.

Contract season Ade is unplayable. I also like his Action Man hair.

We still can't pass or move for ****. Nobody is thinking about the pass after the current pass. We keep giving the ball to surrounded players when there are better options, and are always moving into space too late. Under AVB that manifested itself as passing around the back 4, now that we're trying to constantly be more adventurous, we just give the ball away.

We were comfortably 2nd best for all but the 20 mins after our 3rd goal today, but what a 20 mins! If only more teams would give us that space.

Our pressing seems to have improved. A couple of times I saw Walker force their LW to play the ball to their LB but rather than continue to press, he held and marked the LW. We also did the heavy press, ease off, heavy press, ease off, trick a lot, which I like. If that's the work of NBD then I'm impressed.

Bentaleb shows a lot of promise, but may need to bulk up a little for that role. Those who have seen more of him than me - is he a Capoue-type passing DM?

Having finally managed to watch the match, a few thoughts.

SCIB (South Coast Inbred Club - cant call them Big Club any more as their neighbours have won more than them) are not the team the press have been getting all excited about. They've been over performing at the start of the season and now seem to be back at their level.

Contract season Ade is unplayable. I also like his Action Man hair.

We still can't pass or move for ****. Nobody is thinking about the pass after the current pass. We keep giving the ball to surrounded players when there are better options, and are always moving into space too late. Under AVB that manifested itself as passing around the back 4, now that we're trying to constantly be more adventurous, we just give the ball away.

We were comfortably 2nd best for all but the 20 mins after our 3rd goal today, but what a 20 mins! If only more teams would give us that space.

Our pressing seems to have improved. A couple of times I saw Walker force their LW to play the ball to their LB but rather than continue to press, he held and marked the LW. We also did the heavy press, ease off, heavy press, ease off, trick a lot, which I like. If that's the work of NBD then I'm impressed.

Bentaleb shows a lot of promise, but may need to bulk up a little for that role. Those who have seen more of him than me - is he a Capoue-type passing DM?

Can't agree with that Scara. I think the first 20 mins Southampton were better. But after that? I thought they were very poor aside from Lallana. tactically I think we did to them what they have done to many other top sides this year and not give them a second to settle.

To be fair to them they were missing Boruc, Shaw, Clyne, Fonte, Wanyama, and Osvaldo who I'd all put in their best XI.

Forget the win...it's the manner of the performance. Did you see how many of our guys were in the box when we attacked? did you see how the players kept switching positions causing mass confusion to Southampton?

We played a very attacking style and we still managed to control the game...what was the possession count? we created chances galore.

Sadly today we lost the posssesssion battle.

Can't agree with that Scara. I think the first 20 mins Southampton were better. But after that? I thought they were very poor aside from Lallana. tactically I think we did to them what they have done to many other top sides this year and not give them a second to settle.

To be fair to them they were missing Boruc, Shaw, Clyne, Fonte, Wanyama, and Osvaldo who I'd all put in their best XI.

They didn't create much but they looked far more comfortable on the ball than us. Their players clearly understand movement off the ball better than ours.

As I said though, our pressing was very good. Both teams kept winning the ball and giving it away, I think we just gave it away easier.

They knew

BcGccoFCcAAxWQC.jpg:large

LOL

A few fingers being pointed at Chiri and Loris for the second goal...

Daws also played the player onsider so could be at fault but to be honest, it was just a great piece of play by Lalana.

Lalana was f ucking great today. He threaded so many great balls today. No disgrace for our guys.

Fantastic result, just what we needed. So many positives, but unfortunetly Hugo getting the yips yet again. Fact doesnt change that Sherwood wont be the manager for the rest of the season.

Can I start by saying... best away atmosphere we've generated this season, hands down. No idea whether that was to do with the lack of AVB + us giving it a go, but it was a top away day!

Huge win for us. I'm not gonna get carried away cos, let's face it, Southampton were without 7 or 8 regulars and most their backups are ****, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and that's what we did.

The performance wasn't flawless by any means. First half we were as **** as them, barely held onto the ball and bar a well worked goal didn't threaten their rubbish defence enough. Good on Tim for his half time motivational talk, we lifted it second half. It was a game that was clearly there for the taking with their injuries and it would have been wasteful of us not to get the result, so fair play on guiding us to it Tim.

Enjoyed the gung ho style we adopted for most of the second half, even though it will probably result in as many defeats as it does victories ha ha!

Lloris needs to cut out the mistakes or they will cost us points. Adebayor was brilliant but I've still not totally forgiven him for being a massive **** over the last year and a half (regardless of AVB's treatment of him), however he can win me over if he keeps playing that well :p

It felt a bit like the Tottenham I grew up watching in the 90s and 00s, not as exciting because we weren't exactly fluid but I was delighted to see us go for it in a game that was up for grabs. Don't care what anyone says, I'd rather watch us play so openly and attacking and finish 9th than the dullness served up by AVB and end up 5th or 6th.

Can I start by saying... best away atmosphere we've generated this season, hands down. No idea whether that was to do with the lack of AVB + us giving it a go, but it was a top away day!

Huge win for us. I'm not gonna get carried away cos, let's face it, Southampton were without 7 or 8 regulars and most their backups are ****, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and that's what we did.

The performance wasn't flawless by any means. First half we were as **** as them, barely held onto the ball and bar a well worked goal didn't threaten their rubbish defence enough. Good on Tim for his half time motivational talk, we lifted it second half. It was a game that was clearly there for the taking with their injuries and it would have been wasteful of us not to get the result, so fair play on guiding us to it Tim.

Enjoyed the gung ho style we adopted for most of the second half, even though it will probably result in as many defeats as it does victories ha ha!

Lloris needs to cut out the mistakes or they will cost us points. Adebayor was brilliant but I've still not totally forgiven him for being a massive **** over the last year and a half (regardless of AVB's treatment of him), however he can win me over if he keeps playing that well :p

It felt a bit like the Tottenham I grew up watching in the 90s and 00s, not as exciting because we weren't exactly fluid but I was delighted to see us go for it in a game that was up for grabs. Don't care what anyone says, I'd rather watch us play so openly and attacking and finish 9th than the dullness served up by AVB and end up 5th or 6th.

I'm with you. I want to be entertained...now had you said 4th I may haver thought again :)

Last edited:
Back