• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

He may well play this same formation and personnel and we may get caned. The reaction will be very different, but hey thats the nature of football.

I think he will do well. He is being slated for not being 'eloquent' enough but sometimes players do not want eloquence - they want a 'common' man a man who will just mean what they say and not use words like 'dimensions' when it just brings up the question of what the ****ing ****.

I know Timmy boy has said he wants it full time or not at all but as far as im concerned, he will take it till end of season then get evaluated - he wont and cant reject that opportunity. Not many people get an opportunity such as this with a massive high profile job as with Spurs.

F**k eloquence. AVB talked a load of old b*llocks, I don't think I've heard someone mangle language so brilliantly since Hoddle was manager.

Sherwood seems to answer questions in a straight-forward and honest way. Nothing wrong with that imo.

F**k eloquence. AVB talked a load of old b*llocks, I don't think I've heard someone mangle language so brilliantly since Hoddle was manager.

Sherwood seems to answer questions in a straight-forward and honest way. Nothing wrong with that imo.

I agree. I like his style. Upfront. Honest. Look this performance, im not going to get carried away with but what is pleasing above anything else is the intent in how he wants us to play.

I think TS at least eases the pressure. He's taking it very seriously, but has a lighter approach - lets give it a go. Its not too much pressure on the team. Hopefully he can get Lamella feeling that too. Early days, but he's certainly an impressive deputy.

I agree. I like his style. Upfront. Honest. Look this performance, im not going to get carried away with but what is pleasing above anything else is the intent in how he wants us to play.

Hold up. Speaking eloquently shouldn't be confused with honesty or dis-honesty. That's not fair. One thing I don't think AVB should be subject to is his questioning his character. He has always been one of the most sporting of managers that we've had, never slamming an opposition manager, and even in the face of ludicrous decisions maintaining his dignity.

Anyone else notice this today.
At the kick off we deliberately had Soldado and Lamela over the ball with Siggy and Adebayor overloading the other side.
Quite a clever move. I assume Sherwood is behind it.

QA6nYhn.gif

Anyone else notice this today.
At the kick off we deliberately had Soldado and Lamela over the ball with Siggy and Adebayor overloading the other side.
Quite a clever move. I assume Sherwood is behind it.

QA6nYhn.gif

Yup, I did notice that, glad you brought it up. Kick-off is one of those areas of the game that coaches don't do enough work on. It's kinda like free-kicks outside the D - so much opportunity to work training-ground routines and yet so few clubs do it. Very, very hard to defend against a crafty, incisive short ball in those instances. It does point to a progressive philosophy from TT, not merely accepting the conventions or the way things have always been done.

Hold up. Speaking eloquently shouldn't be confused with honesty or dis-honesty. That's not fair. One thing I don't think AVB should be subject to is his questioning his character. He has always been one of the most sporting of managers that we've had, never slamming an opposition manager, and even in the face of ludicrous decisions maintaining his dignity.

Ok ok I didnt mean it like that... what I meant was Timmy Boy wasnt beating around the bush thats what I mean.

AVB as a man didnt anger me = merely the footballing side.

Ok ok I didnt mean it like that... what I meant was Timmy Boy wasnt beating around the bush thats what I mean.

AVB as a man didnt anger me = merely the footballing side.

Sorry should have quoted Dza above more than you. I know what you guys mean though.

Really pleased for TT today. He was brave. He gambled on an attacking side and we created a load of chances. It was a very watchable game for a change and I am delighted with the result.

With a newly invigorated Ade it is like we have a new dimension ( geddit ;) ) to our game. Full kudos to TT for getting these performances out of Ade. Hopefully a Mk1 Ade will bring the best out of Soldado and we can all look forward to the rest of the season with renewed confidence and see football how it should be played.

Well done TT.

Bow down to the almighty OMT saviour, told you we'd try something new!

thank you master....im not worthy master.......three bags full sir......would master like me to lick the dog doo on masters shoes.........!

Well done sir.....you can take a bow!!!! we needed that win.

I know what you mean, but I think Sherwood talks slightly faster than his brain thinks; I suspect he will answer questions very quickly, very honestly, thinking of the next joke, keeping it light hearted but could easily let something out that he shouldn't.

I could imagine him saying I played [X] because [Y] isn't as good defensively, or team [Z] don't have much to play for, or just some small quip which is out in 2 seconds and can't be taken back again.

For now the press love him and will keep it light, but if they decide to get the knives out I could imagine his quick quippery backfiring with some bad headlines.

Nobody can answer so freely, honestly, with jokes, without sitting on the fence, without saying the wrong thing at some point, which will be pounced on.

Sometimes it's best to keep it a bit more circumspect.

Like when he was saying he doesn't want the job for 5 minutes, I was cringing and thinking what a massive, massive moment in his life that was, but he was onto the next joke within 2 seconds.

Back