• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ollie Tanner

My GHod, we're a joke. Not able to agree terms with a non-league player

https://lewesfc.com/news/club-statement-ollie-tanner/

Jan 29, 2022

Uncategorized

Written by: John

Lewes Football Club would like to confirm that whilst the club and a Premier League club agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of Ollie Tanner, Ollie and the Premier Club were not ultimately able to agree personal terms and he remains a Lewes FC player.

Tanner missed today’s game against AFC Hornchurch due to an injury sustained midweek and we look forward to welcoming him back to the side as soon as he has recovered.

I think its obvious he hates us and to help him be at peace with signing for us he has asked for a crazy wage.

Kind of respect it tbh. If I was in his shoes I would reject arsenal if I knew a brighton could come in for me. Not just for tribal reasons too as he’d have more chance of making the grade at brighton than with us.

Christ, just saw the headline. The optics here are awful.

If Levy and Paratici can’t pull something out of the hat by Monday, they’ll be a laughing stock to those outside Tottenham and get it in the neck from those of us who are involved with the club.

Yeah it’s a non league player but it feeds into a wider narrative which is starting to look, again, like it has some merit.

Christ, just saw the headline. The optics here are awful.

If Levy and Paratici can’t pull something out of the hat by Monday, they’ll be a laughing stock to those outside Tottenham and get it in the neck from those of us who are involved with the club.

He don't care as long as his pockets remain fat.

Anyway, have to question Tanner, don't care who you are, even if the offer is somewhat 'poor' (let's be honest, a poor offer from PL club would be x10 what his earnings currently are), you dont turn it down. Hell, you put a "2 year review" in based on conditions and whatnot, clearly thinks highly of himself so fair play, let's see if it pans out for him.

If I were him I would only have signed for us on condition that I was to be loaned out to a league 1 or 2 side for the rest of the season.

Young players are quite good at working out their pathway to the first team.

Tottenham are a club that want to sign big players. Tottenham 15 years ago we would sign this lad. He used his head and knew his chances were not going to come.

Let's just play our own youngsters.

If I were him I would only have signed for us on condition that I was to be loaned out to a league 1 or 2 side for the rest of the season.

Young players are quite good at working out their pathway to the first team.

Tottenham are a club that want to sign big players. Tottenham 15 years ago we would sign this lad. He used his head and knew his chances were not going to come.

Let's just play our own youngsters.

Also probably got a load of abuse from spurs fans over the last week.

He's going to Arsenal then
But if he can't get over his mental hurdles I don't want him here

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Good luck to the kid.

He's either gonna score a last minute worldie against us in a cup final someday or never be mentioned again.

Agreed. For a silly online joke made when he was 16.

Wish him good luck at brighton or wherever.

Well if that IS the reason he turned us down we are better of without him, after all anyone who takes any notice of what m orons put on T w Att er etc,etc are not really that intelligent. :D

My GHod, we're a joke. Not able to agree terms with a non-league player

https://lewesfc.com/news/club-statement-ollie-tanner/

Jan 29, 2022

Uncategorized

Written by: John

Lewes Football Club would like to confirm that whilst the club and a Premier League club agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of Ollie Tanner, Ollie and the Premier Club were not ultimately able to agree personal terms and he remains a Lewes FC player.

Tanner missed today’s game against AFC Hornchurch due to an injury sustained midweek and we look forward to welcoming him back to the side as soon as he has recovered.

Aren't you a tad bit overreacting? Spurs are a joke because a kid rejected them? With fans like this, who needs enemies.

Reactions: DTA
Where has the "he turned us down" come from? The statement from Lewes says the two parties couldn't agree terms. Maybe it was Tottenham that walked away because he was taking the tinkle, but either way, agreement wasn't reached.

Back