• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

If Dembele was happy to stay and be a bit part player - cups, an option from the bench etc, I'd keep him and have Skipp learn from him.
But I think Dembele will want to play and will probably want that last payday.
China or middle East makes sense.

The problem with Dembele in my opinion is not his ability but the simple truth that we cannot rely on his fitness. Even before his current injury he seems to pick up knocks much more frequently and that fact, combined with his age, I am happy to let him go in the summer. Heck if we could get the right replacement I would sell him this month

I still dont know what sort of player Skipp really is, but I really like his positional sense.

He is clearly a competent footballer, but I cant divine if he is more attacking, defensive, dribbler... but he certainly seems to pop up exactly where you want him more often than not.

I still dont know what sort of player Skipp really is, but I really like his positional sense.

He is clearly a competent footballer, but I cant divine if he is more attacking, defensive, dribbler... but he certainly seems to pop up exactly where you want him more often than not.

He is a bit of both and everything else

The key is to give the youngster time and games

He has a little bit of physicality which will help him early on.

I expect he will start the next game, real opportunity to show something.

The problem with Dembele in my opinion is not his ability but the simple truth that we cannot rely on his fitness. Even before his current injury he seems to pick up knocks much more frequently and that fact, combined with his age, I am happy to let him go in the summer. Heck if we could get the right replacement I would sell him this month

This for me as well, he is never going to get over the constant injurys he has got/had ( imo) so its better to let him go and lets plan for going forward.

I hope he’s physically resilient.

We’ve been burning through some tough guys in our midfield in the last decade.

Must say I was mightily impressed by him in the second half, especially when Dele move a bit more forward after Son's substitution. Admittedly, he had hours more time on the ball than he will ever get in the Premier, but even with that proviso I loved his vision. His through ball to Llorente for the Spaniard's second was a peach of pass and he was doing that all night.

Still early days but he seems to read the game even better than Winks... Let's hope he continues to develop at the same pace as the past six months

Yes, incredibly mature player. Astonishing that he's only 18 years old. Very calm on the ball, always seems to have a lot of time on the ball

Need to not expect too much of him - he should be a 5th choice CM in addition to 4 senior CMs, but definitely a great prospect

I thought he looked a bit uncertain at times in the first half and did give the ball away a few times.
But he had a much better second half and fair play to him that he wasn’t fazed by his earlier shaky moments. Should get a good few more chances this season which will be deserved based on performances thus far.

The only thing that I worry about is that Skipp looks so much like Noble I can’t help but feel the urge to dislike him!

No need to resort to name calling.
Jokes aside for an 18 year old he’s way ahead of many of his peers in terms of his development by getting first team game time in what I think is the hardest area of the pitch to play. Issue may be when we get players back he gets less minutes and I’ll be calling for him to go on loan like I always do for our best young players!

He did well, but still got caught in possession a few times, wanting too long on the ball. He's had a promising start, but he has a long way to go imo.

Yeah agree with this. I like the lad, want him to get more game time but he got caught a few times by glorified pub team players. Wasn’t that great tonight.

Back