• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Skipp was great today, easily my man of the match.
He was, another great game from him. But that's a problem, a primarily defensive player is motm in a game we dominated and should be winning easily.
It should be an attacking player that is motm and it's a major problem that our forward players aren't stamping their mark on a game like this.

He was, another great game from him. But that's a problem, a primarily defensive player is motm in a game we dominated and should be winning easily.
It should be an attacking player that is motm and it's a major problem that our forward players aren't stamping their mark on a game like this.
We need another RW and ST to have high quality options on the bench. Look at Liverpool introducing Jotta în the 60th and changing the game for them. That absolute Chad from Fiorentina looks great.

That is a problem, but probably the best problem to have that we've faced in years.

Skipp along with the other "defensive players" gave the attacking players the opportunity to stamp their mark on this game. That's a positive even though the more attacking players didn't do quite enough.

Thought he had another really good game on the ball yesterday. Some really good crisp touches and passes, played with risk and found the right balance. Unfortunately too often his good passes were followed up with not much at all after that.

One of the few players in the team yesterday that would receive a difficult, bouncing or average ball and turn it into a good, solid, not bouncing pass to a teammate even if moving the ball quickly, really like to see that.

Looks quality and I don't really understand why he's the one we seem to take off. Perhaps not fully fit or some niggling problems physically? Or being spared some of the heavy lifting because of his age?

If it's purely tactical there's something I'm missing completely.

Thought he had another really good game on the ball yesterday. Some really good crisp touches and passes, played with risk and found the right balance. Unfortunately too often his good passes were followed up with not much at all after that.

One of the few players in the team yesterday that would receive a difficult, bouncing or average ball and turn it into a good, solid, not bouncing pass to a teammate even if moving the ball quickly, really like to see that.

Looks quality and I don't really understand why he's the one we seem to take off. Perhaps not fully fit or some niggling problems physically? Or being spared some of the heavy lifting because of his age?

If it's purely tactical there's something I'm missing completely.
It’s odd
He played a great through ball too (I think it was him) to put Doherty in when he was flagged offside and I was like wow…
He keeps the ball well too
It’s just odd that he gets subbed

It’s odd
He played a great through ball too (I think it was him) to put Doherty in when he was flagged offside and I was like wow…
He keeps the ball well too
It’s just odd that he gets subbed
I wonder if it's due to inexperience?

I've noticed that he sometimes gets ragged as he gets tired. Sure, that happens to all players to an extent, but it's particularly noticeable (and dangerous!) for an all-action tackler like Skipp. Maybe Conte knows the signs and takes him off before he does something rash. As well as sparing young legs that haven't yet had a full season at this level.

Just conjecture, really.

I think one time he was on a yellow but I can only think it’s due to his age and maybe protecting him fitness wise, as I thought it was clear Hojbjerg should have been hooked based on his performance.

While I'm really looking forward to seeing Skipp back I also think it's important not to put too much on his young shoulders. He's been very good and he's taken his part of the responsibility very well, but we should also expect some inconsistency at some point and coming in to "fix" our current issues - get us back to the form we had with him in the team is a big ask.

While I'm really looking forward to seeing Skipp back I also think it's important not to put too much on his young shoulders. He's been very good and he's taken his part of the responsibility very well, but we should also expect some inconsistency at some point and coming in to "fix" our current issues - get us back to the form we had with him in the team is a big ask.
He seems very level headed and just gets on with the game no matter what is said. He won't fix everything that's wrong but he will give the defence badly needed protection.

Agree, he has done really well so far but he ( like all players) will have a dip at times ( especially at such a young age).

He seems very level headed and just gets on with the game no matter what is said. He won't fix everything that's wrong but he will give the defence badly needed protection.

Definitely agree, I have seen exactly zero signs of him letting all this go to his head or being fazed by it all. Yet I also think that there likely will be worse periods and he obviously has some way to go in his development.

Just a call for patience in general with younger players including him.

Apparently suffered a setback. Ffs

Where did you read that? Might just be some source exagerating the Standard story last night about him not being ready in time for the weekend, which is slightly different what could be implied to a setback

The lad is one of my favourites but there's a lot of hype being built with these stats. Correlation doesn't always mean causation.

I haven't looked too deeply at it but what's the standard of opposition been like when he's started compared to not?

Back