• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

According to know it all US journos on Twitter, who have been following Spurs maybe 8 years, if you think Skipp is playing well you are a racist

Yeah saw that earlier
fudging mental
Although some of the players I’d like us to get rid of are black. But weirdly some of the players I think are amazing for us are black, mixed race and Asian… oh and some are white too

According to know it all US journos on Twitter, who have been following Spurs maybe 8 years, if you think Skipp is playing well you are a racist

Which is why ledders is a mesiah here then. Which is why we love Tanganga, which is why we are all hoping Scarlett becomes a player.

Don't mind people chatting brick but at least put some effort in first.

Has to be doing it just for the reaction. Either that or doesn't know shît about us as a club or football in general.

I would say yes to know nothing about us as a club, I wouldn't use football in general for any kind of pass on racism

It's a hard conversation, as a supporter base, obviously all of us love Tanganga, Ledley, have hopes for Scarlett and hate Winks, so seems to line up ok.

That said, Doherty gets a lot more slack that Aurier, Ndombele gets a rough ride (some if well deserved) but is there a narrative there re a certain type of player? we should always be brave enough to ask ourselves the question ..

I would say yes to know nothing about us as a club, I wouldn't use football in general for any kind of pass on racism

It's a hard conversation, as a supporter base, obviously all of us love Tanganga, Ledley, have hopes for Scarlett and hate Winks, so seems to line up ok.

That said, Doherty gets a lot more slack that Aurier, Ndombele gets a rough ride (some if well deserved) but is there a narrative there re a certain type of player? we should always be brave enough to ask ourselves the question ..
Aurier also gets defended by plenty even though be repeatedly says he wants to leave
Tanguy gets a rough ride because he is a lazy fudge. Nothing at all to do with skin colour
If he was brick no one would mind, but a blind man can see the talent is there. Maybe if he was actually more athletic (that cliched trait of a black player) he would shine more
Doherty gets no slack. He didn’t even get a settling in time before the knives were out for him

I'm all for asking ourselves tough questions. But I disagree that Doherty gets more slack than aurier, he is generally panned on here at least. Ndombele is only gets a rough ride because of his displayed attitude and the fact that he seems no longer to want to play for us.

If you used Freud and sissoko as a comparison where racial bias may come in to play then you may have a point, or at least an argument.

But skipp is a promising young player from the academy as is Taganga both are lauded by spurs fans as they should be.

I, like many had doubts whether his form for Norwich in the Championship could translate into the Premier League. I'm happy to admit that so far my doubts have been proven well and truly wrong. His development since an occasional Poch sub has been excellent. He looks comfortable in the Prem against the best team and a strong Wolves (away) which means he can more than do a job for us against lesser teams, particularly at home. He won't be bullied, has a fierce tackle and decent passing. He'll learn quickly alongside PEH. Future captain material I would bet.

I, like many had doubts whether his form for Norwich in the Championship could translate into the Premier League. I'm happy to admit that so far my doubts have been proven well and truly wrong. His development since an occasional Poch sub has been excellent. He looks comfortable in the Prem against the best team and a strong Wolves (away) which means he can more than do a job for us against lesser teams, particularly at home. He won't be bullied, has a fierce tackle and decent passing. He'll learn quickly alongside PEH. Future captain material I would bet.
It's been a great start for me. I agree with those saying that he's been far from perfect and there are some issues there to be sorted out.

But for a 20 year old, playing at the deepest midfielder in two tough games in a team that's far from settled he's done great.

PEH rightly gets a lot of praise. Worth mentioning that he was 25 when last season started. After a promising start at Bayern, he wasn't at that level until maybe 23-24? Other comparisons for those deep midfielders needing time are plentiful, Carrick, Dembele, just to mention a couple that played for us.

Not saying Skipp will get to the level of any of them, but I think people sometimes expect a bit too much too soon from young deep midfielders. Skipp could easily have 2-3 years at least of good development ahead of him and still be fairly young for a deep midfielder.

One of our own.

Two extremely challenging games where there is little room to operate, and he’s held his own.

The best thing about Skipp is his head. His intelligence, calmness and confidence is impressive. He knows he has to go up a notch this season after the championship, and the first two games underscore that. He didn’t get the space he probably did last year and everything happens a little faster with more skilful players. Because of his mindset you have belief in him that he’ll develop further. Hopefully we can add more quality and rotate him a little. Some reflection and competition (for all players) can be helpful.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's been a great start for me. I agree with those saying that he's been far from perfect and there are some issues there to be sorted out.

But for a 20 year old, playing at the deepest midfielder in two tough games in a team that's far from settled he's done great.

PEH rightly gets a lot of praise. Worth mentioning that he was 25 when last season started. After a promising start at Bayern, he wasn't at that level until maybe 23-24? Other comparisons for those deep midfielders needing time are plentiful, Carrick, Dembele, just to mention a couple that played for us.

Not saying Skipp will get to the level of any of them, but I think people sometimes expect a bit too much too soon from young deep midfielders. Skipp could easily have 2-3 years at least of good development ahead of him and still be fairly young for a deep midfielder.

One of our own.
He reminds me of James Milner who appeared at Leeds aged 17 and was very "good for his age" and seemed to always choose a sensible path and do the right thing and chip in with a decent performance every week but to be honest he was a little bit average and got some stick and went on to play for a variety of good-to-average teams... oh and City and Pool and stuff... great player, WHAT a career that dullard has carved out... let's hope Skipp carves out a similar career but stays at Spurs.

Back