1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Oliver Skipp

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Spur of the moment, 1 Aug 2018.

Tags:
  1. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

Thats exactly how I see him. He'll enable PEH to get a break and can also play alongside him in tougher games or late on in games if we're under the kosh

MKSpur likes this.
  2. Raziel

Raziel Paul Robinson

Not similar at all mate (unless it's medium sized English midfielder as the category)

- Winks at his best is supposed to be a creative midfielder, something closer to (ambition of) an Eriksen
    - Skipp, I agree with @Bishop and @AdamB is closer to PEH, a combative CM (games I've seen him play he does a lot of the "harrying" type work PEH does) who covers, wins the ball back and passes to the guys that do the damage

In the Sissoko/Winks pair, Skipp replaces Sissoko. I think the comparisons started because people seem to be downplaying Skipp using Winks as a reference.

Does Skipp still have a lot of development to go? = absolutely, but lets not pretend their careers are anything similar

- Winks has never played in the championship (yes you could argue he's played in CL)
    - Winks has never played in a team where he was the one with expectation (as Skipp is now in Norwich as the kid from the big club), other players in Spurs have always carried the expectation.
    - Skipp will (he's one game short now) play more games this season than Winks has ever managed in any season (and the case is probably even more stark when you look at minutes)

To be it's simple, Winks is 25, Skipp is 20 and if any of us had to pick one for the next Spurs game, I'd wager the vast majority would pick Skipp. You could argue bias or whatever but it says a lot about where their careers will likely go.

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

He is very different to Lamela and Moura in that he plays a different position too

Mulletperm, parklane1, MKSpur and 2 others like this.
  4. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Tom Huddlestone

Caitano likes this.
  5. SteveAWOL

6. Raziel

Raziel Paul Robinson

Caitano and MKSpur like this.
  7. SteveAWOL

8. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Just watching him play for Norwich now who are winning 1-0 at half time with ten men. Skipp is playing really well and covering a lot of ground.

9. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

he'll be a major asset for us next season. Hojbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele, LoCelso - would be an outstanding quartet of CMs

DubSpur likes this.
  10. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Lets hope so, Bournemouth have just won 3-1 and Skippy got himself booked but played well. I did not know that the manager of Bournemouth was our LC cup winning CB against Chelski.

11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

Only took over a few months ago

parklane1 likes this.
  12. 90291Spur

90291Spur Chris Perry

Until he misplaces a pass and The Special Once consigns him to the U-23's after slagging him off by name on MOTD.

DubSpur and Spur of the moment like this.