• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

I don't want to see Ndombele further forward, he's more suited deeper on the pitch and earlier in the build up.

It makes too much sense on and off the pitch for anything other than Skipp returning to Spurs next season to happen.

Might depend on which European competition we are in (if any) EL and the LC should give him plenty of game time early in the season, CL then maybe that's a different story.
Don't know why you can't rotate 2 from 3 of Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Skipp. Hojbjerg is capable of forward passes/runs if it's him and Skipp. 30-40 games each if shared equally.

Don't know why you can't rotate 2 from 3 of Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Skipp. Hojbjerg is capable of forward passes/runs if it's him and Skipp. 30-40 games each if shared equally.

Those 3 for the deeper positions work for me - it's just whether Skipp is ready to be that involved and whether he'd be trusted enough if we were in the CL.

Watched him play today for some of the Norwich game, he was doing two things quite a bit

- Harrying role, but like PEH sometimes does
- Drop into middle of CB pairing when Norwich pushes up, somewhat like Dier at his best in the DM role.

Next game is a big one for them, against 2nd place side, win that and the automatic promotion looks really likely

Next game is a big one for them, against 2nd place side, win that and the automatic promotion looks really likely
Good shout Rizla.
They play Brentford on this Weds 3rd at 5.30 on Sky Action, whatever that is. So streams might exist. Brentford are decent so it should be an OK test of the boy.

On the one hand, we desperately need competition for Hojbjerg - every time he goes down is a heart attack because of the prospect of it bringing Sissoko or Winks onto the field. Skippy is perfect for that role, and with his constant playtime and evolution this season, I think he'd be ready.

But on the other hand..these minutes are proving invaluable for him. And if Norwich get promoted, as seems likely, and they want to a) keep him and b) keep playing him as their first choice CDM in the Premier League...I think the year of risk-proofing, constant playtime and growth in the Premier League will bring us back an absolute star at the end of 2021-2022.

Works for Norwich, works for him. Will it work for us?

I wonder if one way out would be to buy someone like Ruben Neves this season, who can play along Hojbjerg as the deep-lying playmaker and allow Tanguy to go higher up again. He can also do a good job as a lone DM, which means Hojbjerg going down wouldn't be the end of the world because he could shuffle over and Tanguy could drop deep again. That would allow Skippy another year out on loan to grow.

Either way, good problem to have.
Agreed that it's a good problem to have.

In an ideal world perhaps another loan would be good. In this world, with us looking rather desperate for reinforcements elsewhere I'm not sure we can prioritise an expensive deep midfielder when we have the option of Skipp.

Skipp or someone like Neves next season? Neves for me all day. Skipp and an extra however many millions used to strengthen the centre back position... Not so obvious.

1:11 in.... the chest control and pass to Pukki. Very good indeed.
Something else noticeable to me is that he hits his passes nice and firmly (something I have always been critical of Winks not doing).

Winks has the leg strength of a 8 year old girl. Honestly he needs to be iniesta in la liga or something

You don’t need leg strength to hit a crisp pass, just good technique.

Winks is not someone I would associate with having poor technique ... he has no power whatsoever. There have been plenty of players that have no technique but can hoof a ball.

Skipp channelling his inner Hojdjberg right at the death with a brilliant block
Great block. The bits of the game I did see he looked to be miles ahead of Winks in his defensive work, tracking players and getting tackles in.
Looks like Norwich are promoted now, so he should either get games in the premier league with them or else back with us.

Great block. The bits of the game I did see he looked to be miles ahead of Winks in his defensive work, tracking players and getting tackles in.
Looks like Norwich are promoted now, so he should either get games in the premier league with them or else back with us.
He is more defensive
Plays just like Hojdjberg

His passing looks to be better than Hojbjerg, but that is with a lot more time than he would get in the premier league.
A great prospect either way.
Hojdjergs is great IMO
I say that as one of the vocal against signing him
He ha been brilliant for us and Hojdjberg plays so similarly to him having here next season could be a huge boost

Back