• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Would like to see him get a loan at a footballing side. He’s definitely looked tidy when he’s played and the question will be is he going to be someone who is progressive with the ball or someone who just recycles the ball. It’s hard to prove the former when you are restricted to a few minutes here and there when the emphasis will be on not making a mistake or giving the ball away.
Could be a good makeweight as a loan deal for any purchase form the likes of Norwich or Bournemouth?

I did feel a little sad that there was no Poch arm around the shoulder for the new contract.. or even Mourinho holding him in a playful headlock...

I did feel a little sad that there was no Poch arm around the shoulder for the new contract.. or even Mourinho holding him in a playful headlock...

Hopefully what he lacks in a playful headlock he makes up with a plan for the players pathway.

loan next season hopefully

Reminds me of Milner in many ways, physically, old before his time, and the way he is both on and off the pitch

What’s with all this positivity? This is obviously a dig at Levy.

“Don’t spend any money and the future is an academy boy as the club captain.” Basically he’s saying Skipp is Mark Noble and we are West Ham.

The Pirouetters Pirouetter:

Footage emerged recently from the Dutch U21 team's changing room at half-time during a match between the Netherlands and England in November.

This is the conversation that took place among the group of Dutch players during that break in the game.

"He is a good footballer."

"He keeps turning like Frenkie (De Jong)."

Skipp has picked up those turns, the little pirouettes, from Mousa Dembele and Harry Winks

"It's Scott Parker for me, who I had for a little while with for the U18s when he came back as a coach,"

"He was brilliant for that year and a bit that he was at the club."

The Pirouetters Pirouetter:

Footage emerged recently from the Dutch U21 team's changing room at half-time during a match between the Netherlands and England in November.

This is the conversation that took place among the group of Dutch players during that break in the game.

"He is a good footballer."

"He keeps turning like Frenkie (De Jong)."

Skipp has picked up those turns, the little pirouettes, from Mousa Dembele and Harry Winks

"It's Scott Parker for me, who I had for a little while with for the U18s when he came back as a coach,"

"He was brilliant for that year and a bit that he was at the club."
I watched that Jack Roles video for Cambridge and he does pirouette, change of direction thing. (It's in the youth thread)

Even Winksy does it a bit.

I'd love a proper home grown midfielder with a leadership mentality, such an important position. He's always looked decent when I've seen him as well, neat and tidy without being spectacular but as someone said above that's all you can do with the odd game or a few minutes here and there. I think a loan at a good team will see him thrive.

Seems the current noise is he and Parrott out on loans next season

Tottenham in talks over loan exits for Oliver Skipp and Troy Parrott - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1595948174

Fulham are leading the race to sign Tottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp on a season-long loan – but a deal may hinge on whether they are promoted.

Spurs manager Jose Mourinho has reluctantly agreed to let Skipp leave on loan and the 19-year-old is also attracting interest from Premier League duo Southampton and Burnley, as well as Reading and Nottingham Forest.

Fulham boss Scott Parker knows Skipp from his time as a youth coach at Spurs and the Cottagers are currently frontrunners, although the move is less likely if they win the play-offs

I hope Fulham come up and IF they do Skipp will be well looked after by Parker.

If Fulham come up, they'll want a more established central midfielder than Skipp.

It's tough - I have nothing but respect for Scotty P, so I hope for his sake that he comes up first time and shows everyone he's a capable manager in his own right. But I also think he would be the perfect manager for Skipp - and for Skipp to get serious playing time, that means the only situation where all the angles line up are if Fulham don't go up and need a central midfielder for the Championship next season.

Back