• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

A proper DM who covers, breaks up play and gives it to the creative players
Gotta love his energy, fearlessness and positive aggression. Precisely what this team needs most from a DM.

Maybe needs to be a bit more savvy with the timing and location of his tackles, but that will surely come with experience.

I really do think/believe he has a great future in front of him.

When I saw him 2 years ago he really impressed me with his confidence, all of the youth players have good technique and skill but he stood out as a player who got his head up and made himself available for the ball, he also had a lot to say to his team which was surprising as he was one of the youngest in the side. I think he is a very good prospect but he needs to play with some experienced players with him in midfield.

At what level?

I could see a mid level PL player in him, not sure I see being a Spurs starter in his future (not a go at him, just CL midfield level is very high)

I agree with you, particularly I dont see anything special about him i.e. not obviously great at any one thing. That said, I can't ignore the fact that Kante has been a top player in the PL in recent years and similar to Skipp isnt physically big and not particularly creative - just gets in the right place at the right time, breaks-up play and moves the ball on. It feels to me that that is the sort of player which Skipp has the best chance of emulating

I agree with you, particularly I dont see anything special about him i.e. not obviously great at any one thing. That said, I can't ignore the fact that Kante has been a top player in the PL in recent years and similar to Skipp isnt physically big and not particularly creative - just gets in the right place at the right time, breaks-up play and moves the ball on. It feels to me that that is the sort of player which Skipp has the best chance of emulating

Not a professional scout, so it really is only opinions.

Never thought about the Kante type role, the only thing I´d say is he tends to be over eager/rushes into some tackles/interceptions, not sure if that is just excitement or misreading, he needs to work on that (to be fair, Rose used to be like that)

At what level?

I could see a mid level PL player in him, not sure I see being a Spurs starter in his future (not a go at him, just CL midfield level is very high)

Watching him make his first game at only 18 and looking at home straight away was a good sign for starters, having worked with young players most of my life its very rare to see such a young player look so at ease and confident it what he does at the top level.

Of course he still has a long way to go before we see the finished product but imo he looks a natural.

Didn't he mainly play as a box to box midfielder for the academy?

High energy player who did a lot of running but rarely got into opponents box, always made himself available for the ball and talked a lot, type of player I like. He needs to play every week, if not with us then on loan to a team who will play him and not waste everyone's time sitting him on the bench.

High energy player who did a lot of running but rarely got into opponents box, always made himself available for the ball and talked a lot, type of player I like. He needs to play every week, if not with us then on loan to a team who will play him and not waste everyone's time sitting him on the bench.

i agree with this, he has bags of talent and looks a natural and he will not be able to show how good he can be sitting on the bench.

I think a couple of years of loans would do wonders for him. I really like the look of him, he just needs experience.

Back