• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Maybe when Ndombele is up to speed but he is too much of a passenger for me at the moment. Winks passing has been a lot more positive under Mourinho and he's been performing well.

I think that the issue in the team is primarily confidence. We've played well in patches these last couple of games, the problem is that our heads drop as soon as the tide turns against us.
I think the issue is we’re being told to play with the breaks on
It’s odd as when we attack we genuinely look decent and lively
When we sit back and play almost static we look odd

I think the issue is we’re being told to play with the breaks on
It’s odd as when we attack we genuinely look decent and lively
When we sit back and play almost static we look odd

Sunday was a rollercoaster of confidence. We were flying and then our confidence drained as soon as they scored. It was the same after our second and then we lost it when they equalised. Dele's header for the third goes in and we're home and dry.

Sunday was a rollercoaster of confidence. We were flying and then our confidence drained as soon as they scored. It was the same after our second and then we lost it when they equalised. Dele's header for the third goes in and we're home and dry.
Yeah can’t argue with any of that
I thought we were the better side Sunday but undone by better finishing
I also think with Kane or son and Hugo we would have won that game, last night and others...
I genuinely don’t think any team can replace 40/50 goals a season with back up and also have a cover keeper of Hugo’s level (even with Hugo’s negatives).

Maybe when Ndombele is up to speed but he is too much of a passenger for me at the moment. Winks passing has been a lot more positive under Mourinho and he's been performing well.

I think that the issue in the team is primarily confidence. We've played well in patches these last couple of games, the problem is that our heads drop as soon as the tide turns against us.
Not sure about that. We enjoyed our best spell immediately after conceding last night.

The thing I like most about him - when he releases the ball, he is immediately on the move.
We have alot of players that release and stay static. It's not about creating a passing option for the recipient, it's about moving the opposition around, affecting the way they set up to defend the short transition balls through the centre.

Also, anyone digging him out for 5yd passes must hate Modric

Think he was unlucky to be subbed at half time yesterday. Again showed a lot of positivity in his passing but the ball was rarely controlled or held up by the front 3. Any CM would have struggled with the formation we started with yesterday and with Ndombele fading as the half progressed Skipp was largely playing the Burnley midfield on his own over the last 5 minutes of the first half.

Just hope we are not in another Juan Foyth situation here, with Mourinho praising the player after 1 game, starting him in the next game before substituting at half time and then not seen again

Think he was unlucky to be subbed at half time yesterday. Again showed a lot of positivity in his passing but the ball was rarely controlled or held up by the front 3. Any CM would have struggled with the formation we started with yesterday and with Ndombele fading as the half progressed Skipp was largely playing the Burnley midfield on his own over the last 5 minutes of the first half.

Just hope we are not in another Juan Foyth situation here, with Mourinho praising the player after 1 game, starting him in the next game before substituting at half time and then not seen again

mou has certainly worked on his people skills!
skipp is so much more impactful than winks already, i wonder whats his ceiling.

i just watched MotD2 eulogising over the 3 in midfield for Utd. Fernandes playmaking with Fred / McTominay winning the ball.

Likewise Billy Gilmour for Cheatski. As they had no Kante /Jorginho / Kovacevic playing, they had Gilmour holding with Barkley/Mount in front, very offensive and allowed to play by a weak team set up from Everton that just let them have all the time they wanted.

Skipp can do what Gilmour does. Also Lo Celso/Winks make a decent 3 in there. Ndombele is excellent on the ball, crap off it, but excellent on it. Things aren't so bleak. Dier can play in MF too. Dele at a stretch. It won't take much to give us a good team setup, just a couple of tweaks.

i just watched MotD2 eulogising over the 3 in midfield for Utd. Fernandes playmaking with Fred / McTominay winning the ball.

Likewise Billy Gilmour for Cheatski. As they had no Kante /Jorginho / Kovacevic playing, they had Gilmour holding with Barkley/Mount in front, very offensive and allowed to play by a weak team set up from Everton that just let them have all the time they wanted.

Skipp can do what Gilmour does. Also Lo Celso/Winks make a decent 3 in there. Ndombele is excellent on the ball, crap off it, but excellent on it. Things aren't so bleak. Dier can play in MF too. Dele at a stretch. It won't take much to give us a good team setup, just a couple of tweaks.
Can you pass this info to Jose please? He seems confused as to how to set up the starting 11.

Back