• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Can we get him a haircut?
Running like noble, gurning like noble are bad enough.
Shave his head, that'll sort it.

Can we get him a haircut?
Running like noble, gurning like noble are bad enough.
Shave his head, that'll sort it.
He is, but he will be taller and physically stronger. I think noble also started playing in EPL young age, hopefully Skipp can improve with age to exceed him.

The only game that could draw you to that conclusion is last night's where he played in central midfield on his own against three or four cloggers. There's no one on here stupid enough to do that.
Actually no. Recall noticing this tendency previously in the latter two games on the US tour, also in the pre-season friendly against Gerona. Tbf though the latter was when he and most of the team were totally knackered following an arduous tour and flight back from the US.

For sure he is a very exciting prospect but I agree with @afsoc4life, this is a tendency he needs to eradicate.

The only game that could draw you to that conclusion is last night's where he played in central midfield on his own against three or four cloggers. There's no one on here stupid enough to do that.

Bit strong mate. That's Skipp's second start in senior football for Spurs, and if one didn't see the Burnley match I think it's perfectly reasonable to conclude that this might be an area of development for him in making the transition from youth to senior level. Especially as your assessment that 'he played in central midfield on his own against three or four cloggers' is a bit simplistic - Alli was playing quite deep too, especially first half, and Skipp had up to 3 defenders behind him for an outball most of the time too.

Still, extremely early days obviously, and I loved some of his passing.

Bit strong mate. That's Skipp's second start in senior football for Spurs, and if one didn't see the Burnley match I think it's perfectly reasonable to conclude that this might be an area of development for him in making the transition from youth to senior level. Especially as your assessment that 'he played in central midfield on his own against three or four cloggers' is a bit simplistic - Alli was playing quite deep too, especially first half, and Skipp had up to 3 defenders behind him for an outball most of the time too.

Still, extremely early days obviously, and I loved some of his passing.

I think that there is an issue with drawing conclusions with scant evidence and judging youth players early. He had a good game, in his second competitive start. That's enough.

Alli spent most of the first half significantly further forward than Skipp and towards the left. Skipp was quite isolated.

I think that there is an issue with drawing conclusions with scant evidence and judging youth players early. He had a good game, in his second competitive start. That's enough.

Alli spent most of the first half significantly further forward than Skipp and towards the left. Skipp was quite isolated.

I dunno, the posters your comments are presumably referring to have also said 'Good game yesterday' ... 'But yeah, all said and done, Skipp had a good game and looks promising' ... and 'For sure he is a very exciting prospect.' Think it's perfectly reasonable to make those comments whilst also noting what was an obvious drawback in his performance yesterday (without necessarily claiming that it represents of a consistent major flaw of his that can't be corrected!)

I love his simple tricks feints and reading if the game already. He is not rapid but always seems to be in the right places. Quality

Never looks hurried, rushed or panicked

Also picked the right times to get forward and support in midfield. Is there a DM/CM lurking in there? He seemed very confident yesterday.

You are joking. I think you need to watch Skipp's games. I am not expecting Xabi Alonso performances from a teenager in his debut season. He is no Cesc Fabregas.

Did he make mistakes? yes he did, could he have done better going forward? yes he could. However this is a 18 year old kid and has a long way to go to become a regular, however he has shown ( to me anyway) that he has the talent and just as important the mentality to become a very good player.

You are joking. I think you need to watch Skipp's games. I am not expecting Xabi Alonso performances from a teenager in his debut season. He is no Cesc Fabregas.

If course you need to watch Skipp's games. Jumping to conclusions based on friendlies and cup games in a formation he will never normally play, probably aren't a fair basis to criticise him though.

I wonder if he'll start any more league games this season? Huddersfield at home looks a good one for him to get some more experience, I'd expect a Burnley-like performance from them.

To me he looks like a winks clone. Not a bad thing. He can become a very good premiership player if he continuescont trajectory. What bothers me about winks and skipp is they seem to offer no goal that at all. They are not playing defensive midfielder.

To me he looks like a winks clone. Not a bad thing. He can become a very good premiership player if he continuescont trajectory. What bothers me about winks and skipp is they seem to offer no goal that at all. They are not playing defensive midfielder.

I think they both are, except when partnering Dier.

Modric in that same position wasn't a goal threat either. Its' not that important when you've got 4 forwards in front of them like we do

None of our CM currently on the books do.

Not an issue with the from 4 firing

Other than being comfortable on the ball, I don't see the similarity to Winks. If he was at another club, I doubt that we would make the comparison.

Other than being comfortable on the ball, I don't see the similarity to Winks. If he was at another club, I doubt that we would make the comparison.

A lot of our academy graduates almost seem clones of each other. But that is just because they've all been developed to be comfortable on the ball, play with their head up and be hardworking. None come through because of their physical prowess anymore, but because they have been developed to be complete footballers.

Back