• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Don't play that many video games any more, but have a PS3 sitting at home, collecting dust.

Tempted to get Skyrim. If I do that, is it the sort of game that will have me awake at stupid hours of the morning playing it, and drinking 10 cups of coffee the next day trying to stay awake at work?

Are you easily addicted? I know I get into the habit of just one more mission.

Are you easily addicted? I know I get into the habit of just one more mission.

It's lucky I live with the missus, it means I only play the Xbox when I can grab a couple hours here and there. Before we started living together I could easily lose a day at a time to WoW.

Skyrim is the conkers. The only thing I have found with Bethesda is that the games are so massive, I can actually bore myself if I stray off the main line too much. Just got RAGE, ready for when I'm done with Skyrim. ?ú12.99 at Game online at the moment.

It seems alot of game dev's are following COD's example of milking the cash cow with yearly updates rather than a complete overhaul. I remember when a sequal was noticeably different from the previous installment in both graphics and gameplay mechanics. Video games almost always did what movies didn't do, and that was to improve on the original. Now it seems games are getting rushed more and more to get released at certain times of the year to get the most cash possible.

I've never played the AC series properly... I briefly played the first and found it a tad repetative. I got the 2nd for xmas but never got past the tutorials as my attention was diverted to other games out at the time. So I can't really comment on the game, but it was certainly one I looked forward to back when the early screens were released! It had so much potential

One for all the FPS mob. What is the best shooter for single player story/campaign? I'm too old for MMO nonesense, I can't be bothered with it. People get on my tits, I don't like button mashing and the few of my mates still into gaming are all on PS3 and I've got Xbox!

Haven't bought a straight FPS game since Black... Which was brilliant.

Half Life 3 should be coming soon. Either that or episode 3. Hopefully.

Completely out of the loop on current releases. Serious Sam 3 should be fun, not much of a story line perhaps.

I'm honestly blanking on current single-player FPS games...
The only thing I can think of that's coming up is Bioshock: Infinite

Mass Effect 3 will get a run through. December is when it's at, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2. Hopeful, but not confident, about Syndicate. The original is one the greatest games ever.

Almost forgot about this one... Cannot wait!! Love the Far Cry series and Far Cry 3 is going back to the Jungle agian. Graphics look stunning, gameplay looks seemless and smooth. Could be a blockbuster if the last 2 are anything to go by (although I hope they don't have the tedious driving from point to point in Far Cry 2)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hzemfq5c6Z0

and an alternate play through to show you how you can play the missions your own way;

http://www.youtube.com/embed/P0oZ5V3eXbQ
Videos look good, I liked the first FC, 2nd one I found a bit dull, like you say the driving around ruined it for me. Looked nice though.

Ah, sorry, shold have said "current". Half Life was cracking though.

Wish they would hurry up with the next installment, Valve are great but they sure do take the tinkle.

Played the Portal games? they are pretty nifty.

Bioshock 1 is a must too imo, 2 was a bit meh but Infinite looks stunning.

Diablo 3 - Q1

All that matters \o/

I read somewhere the other day that it might be back further... AGAIN! I don't mind, I pre-ordered that sucker about 3 years ago for ?ú25. Sweet! A grown man shouldn't be excited about these things, but I honestly cannot wait.

Mass Effect 3 will get a run through. December is when it's at, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2. Hopeful, but not confident, about Syndicate. The original is one the greatest games ever.

Are they making a remake of THE Syndicate? That was ground breaking at the time. I've got the first Bioshock Papa, but haven't gone for 2. I've got Mass Effect 3 in the wrapper still, but would class it as an RPG cross over rather than straight shooter.

I looking for a straight up, free roaming, destroy the entire environment shooter. But everything seems to be geared up for MMO now.

Wish they would hurry up with the next installment, Valve are great but they sure do take the tinkle.

Played the Portal games? they are pretty nifty.

Bioshock 1 is a must too imo, 2 was a bit meh but Infinite looks stunning.

Yeah, played Portal 1, that game was epic. Is two not a bit samey?

Are they making a remake of THE Syndicate? That was ground breaking at the time. I've got the first Bioshock Papa, but haven't gone for 2. I've got Mass Effect 3 in the wrapper still, but would class it as an RPG cross over rather than straight shooter.

I looking for a straight up, free roaming, destroy the entire environment shooter. But everything seems to be geared up for MMO now.

Don't know exactly what they're doing, but it is inspired by the original.

Don't know exactly what they're doing, but it is inspired by the original.

Ah, so could be anything. Like the forthcoming X-Com is "sort" of inspired by the original. i.e. it uses the name and has aliens but is actually a shooter by the looks of it.

Mind you, was it on here that I saw there is an actual proper top-down turn based remake of it coming later in the year as well? That sounds cracking.

One for all the FPS mob. What is the best shooter for single player story/campaign? I'm too old for MMO nonesense, I can't be bothered with it. People get on my tits, I don't like button mashing and the few of my mates still into gaming are all on PS3 and I've got Xbox!

Haven't bought a straight FPS game since Black... Which was brilliant.

To be honest mate FPS as a single player game is a dying thing, hasnt been a decent one for absolutely ages.

Each one I have played has just felt like a side thought with online multiplayer as the main event.

COD4 : Modern Warfare was good, Gears of War 2 as well (Im hoping 3 is as well as Ive got it still in the wrapper!)

After that its all a bit meh

Back