• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I don't dislike the new Creed game, I'm a big fan of the franchise but Revelations is pretty much 100% filler.

What they need to do is go off and have a 2 year break at least and come back with a game changer for the franchise in AC3, yet it will be out later this year it seems, most likely on the same engine but tweaked a bit.

I see what you mean they defo need to revamp, i'm a big fan of the franchise too, but i'm sure the people who made the game couldn't of run out of ideas. They could easily fit a story around the French Revolution, Japanese "Feudal Japan" or something like that.

I don't dislike the new Creed game, I'm a big fan of the franchise but Revelations is pretty much 100% filler.

What they need to do is go off and have a 2 year break at least and come back with a game changer for the franchise in AC3, yet it will be out later this year it seems, most likely on the same engine but tweaked a bit.

It seems alot of game dev's are following COD's example of milking the cash cow with yearly updates rather than a complete overhaul. I remember when a sequal was noticeably different from the previous installment in both graphics and gameplay mechanics. Video games almost always did what movies didn't do, and that was to improve on the original. Now it seems games are getting rushed more and more to get released at certain times of the year to get the most cash possible.

I've never played the AC series properly... I briefly played the first and found it a tad repetative. I got the 2nd for xmas but never got past the tutorials as my attention was diverted to other games out at the time. So I can't really comment on the game, but it was certainly one I looked forward to back when the early screens were released! It had so much potential

for the people who have the new Assassins Creed game, can you tell me why you don't like it?

Not getting good reviews, must be another filler.
Its not that its a bad game, its just not assassins creed 3.

Its hugely repetitive on AC2 and some of the new additions is downright not needed and frustrating.

didn't even know resi evil was out

only played 1,2 & 5 - first two were awesome and 5 was very good as well, although sort of lacked the atmosphere of the first two

for the people who have the new Assassins Creed game, can you tell me why you don't like it?

Not getting good reviews, must be another filler.

Filler - thats the problem. I loved AC2 and AC Brotherhood, mostly because the storyline felt complete and got you involved.

This one is glitchy in places, the story is non existant and basically its a bit easy - the whole thing feels like an afterthought rather than a decent effort

Not so sure bout this one, not played 4 or 5 yet but a few friends have said they weren't as good as the originals.

For me the best was always Resi 2! Loved that game and still do.

RE4 is the best of the lot IMO, was a game changer for the series, much like AC3 needs to be for that franchise.

Looks like RE6 is going to be more in the style of the first 3 but with the action of 4&5, looks great.

Here's how to rip off your fans further after they already forked out 40 notes for a game that felt more like a DLC update than a full sequal:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/kvai_0lW1oc[/video]

EDIT: can someone please PM me on how you embed videos on this new forum as the [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] method doesn't seem to work?? Thanks

Last edited:
Games haven't got much of my time recently, last two games I spent any real time on were Forza 4 and the new Mortal Kombat.

Thinking of getting Skyrim, and looking forward to Guild Wars 2 later this year.

Games haven't got much of my time recently, last two games I spent any real time on were Forza 4 and the new Mortal Kombat.

Thinking of getting Skyrim, and looking forward to Guild Wars 2 later this year.

Been waisting a few of my hours free time on Skyrim today as it goes! Just a fantastic game all round. Completed about 5 or 6 quests today and they all feel different. Every cave seems to have it's own character, they don't all feel like carbon copies... The blandness that was present in Oblivion is certainly not here in Skyrim. Every level, house, the entire world map seems to have been hand crafted rather than copy paste! I'm still only a level 29, bout halfway through the main story so kind of diverged onto the side quests lately. You seem to get the best loot from them anyway

Been waisting a few of my hours free time on Skyrim today as it goes! Just a fantastic game all round. Completed about 5 or 6 quests today and they all feel different. Every cave seems to have it's own character, they don't all feel like carbon copies... The blandness that was present in Oblivion is certainly not here in Skyrim. Every level, house, the entire world map seems to have been hand crafted rather than copy paste! I'm still only a level 29, bout halfway through the main story so kind of diverged onto the side quests lately. You seem to get the best loot from them anyway

I got up to level 35 after a few days off utterly hooked to it, my only complaint so far is that levelling up seems to be making enemies exponentially more difficult. Obviously with a game this huge they have to scale enemies to account for you doing things in different orders but I kept getting one shot killed by falmers earlier!

Amusing bug of the day though-was fighting a blood dragon when a horse came running over, reared up on it's hind legs and punched it in the face, killing it!

Barely done any main missions though - too many side quests to be distracted by!

There's a rumour that Rocksteady (guys who made Batman Arkham Asylum/City games) are going to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game!! That would be awesome if true!

Also the "Xbox 720" graphics chip will be based on the AMD 6670 chip for PC, which is about 6x faster than the graphics chip in the 360!.... And almost as fast as the one in my PC ;) but not quite

And lastly GHod of War 4 could be out this September!! May have to borrow someones PS3 for that one lol

EDIT: on further investigation I've come to realise the AMD 6670 is actually a pretty cheap, low end chip in comparisson to what I have in my PC right now. This puzzles me... why (other than costs) would Microsoft use dated cheap tech in their latest console!? This Graphics card can be picked up for around ?ú50($80) which as far as graphics cards go, is dirt cheap.!! Mine cost me ?ú270 and still retails at around that price now... almost a year later! Surely Microsoft would use more up to date technology!?

Here are the performance results of the 6670 up against the card I have in my PC (middle to high end card) the GTX 570:

http://www.hwcompare.com/10684/geforce-gtx-570-vs-radeon-hd-6670-oem/

The 570 blows it out of the water and it's over a year old!! The "Xbox 720" will be the latest console on the market so why is it using low powered, low end and cheap GPU chip!?!?!? Don't think I'll be going back to consoles if this is the case...

Last edited:
I just downloaded Championship Manager 01/02 but with updated database so its all current. So simple to play and much more enjoyable than the latest releases.

I just downloaded Championship Manager 01/02 but with updated database so its all current. So simple to play and much more enjoyable than the latest releases.

the ipad version isn't too bad, i dont want all that extra crap that comes on the latest one. it should be fun not exhausting.

Almost forgot about this one... Cannot wait!! Love the Far Cry series and Far Cry 3 is going back to the Jungle agian. Graphics look stunning, gameplay looks seemless and smooth. Could be a blockbuster if the last 2 are anything to go by (although I hope they don't have the tedious driving from point to point in Far Cry 2)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hzemfq5c6Z0

and an alternate play through to show you how you can play the missions your own way;

http://www.youtube.com/embed/P0oZ5V3eXbQ

Last edited:
Don't play that many video games any more, but have a PS3 sitting at home, collecting dust.

Tempted to get Skyrim. If I do that, is it the sort of game that will have me awake at stupid hours of the morning playing it, and drinking 10 cups of coffee the next day trying to stay awake at work?

Back