1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by edgey-the-yid, 16 Jan 2012.

1. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc-eu
    Never done that before, but it's £103. So does that include games like FIFA22 when they are released? This year that was the only game my boy wanted, so would end up being unnecessary for him? And I'm guessing you lose the games when you stop the subscription, so you have to keep paying it? Think I'd rather buy the games he wants to keep.

2. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

This.
    I did this, but found that they will use one controller until it runs out, and then switch to the other, and if the other is a wired controller, they aren't as user friendly, so they don't get used. I'd recommend two proper controllers personally for the sake of an extra £25.

Rorschach likes this.
  3. Yiddo

Yiddo Steffen Iversen

You only get 10 hour trial with fifa 22 and would have to buy that separately. If its certain games he wants and not the ones on offer then it is probably worth buying xbox live and buying the individual games.

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Fanny Walden Staff Member

Definitely Battlefield. Because CoD games are designed for people with the attention spans of ADHD-ridden Texans after drinking 3 gallons of Red Bull.

SteveAWOL, djp82 and Diamond Lights like this.
  5. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

So many options - thanks a lot for all the helpful advice and links.
    I'm thinking I might just buy him an orange and a walnut.

6. djp82

djp82 Gerry Armstrong

Battlefield are much better games for online play . I just tend to not really enjoy the campaigns. Much prefer COD in that department.

Just finished days gone and about to finally play Last of us 2.

SteveAWOL and scaramanga like this.
  7. scaramanga

scaramanga Fanny Walden Staff Member

Stop spoiling him.

Get him a lump of coal.

DTA and MKSpur like this.
  8. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

Days gone any good? Just finished Far Cry 5 which was a nuts ending and thinking of buying number 6. Last of us 2 is best I've played ever along with RDR2

djp82 likes this.
  9. djp82

djp82 Gerry Armstrong

I enjoyed days gone. There’s plenty to do. Some bits are a little repetitive. The campaign is good and I wanted to see it out till the end. Killing the hordes is good. There’s plenty of different ways to do so and can be tough.Check you tube for some clever horde kills . Worth a play . I picked it up in the monthly ps+ Games a while back so it was free.
    High praise for last of us . I enjoyed the first game so will be playing 2 . Its been sat in the draw a while so with long nights setting in I got more time to give it a go.

Grays_1890 likes this.
  10. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

I just completed Metroid Dread - it's phenomenal. Highly recommended!

Baleforce likes this.
  11. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

Last edited: 6 Nov 2021
    Baleforce likes this.
  12. Rorschach

Rorschach Vivian Woodward

Going for a mekon look.

13. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Steve Carr

Trevor McDonald playing that role is almost as weird as Patrick Moore doing it.

14. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Finished Spider-Man on PS4 (story rather than 100% on everything) on whatever it called hard mode, maybe amazing.

What a fudging game! Visually impeccable, I think I skip travelled once during my play through as it’s just so much fun zipping through the different areas of New York. So many options in combat, the different challenges plus and an engaging plot kept it feeling fresh throughout.

15. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Jermaine Jenas

Jayziz Morphy. For all the fun and self-indulgent frolic of video games, just had a board game experience dropped on me - and my wife - by our son. And his girlfriend. It's called Ticket To Ride. What a hoot (hoot-hoooooooooooooooooot!) Four of us - a nice change from solo playing - in a very cool game building railroad empires across Europe. There's also one for Norfa Merica, but Europe is much more challenging.

thingonaspring likes this.
  16. thingonaspring

thingonaspring Radek Cerny

There are expansions for that, loads of them. There was actually a decent one player game I remember playing on the iPad a few years back now, but it is a great board game.

Meanwhile, not to everyone's tastes, but a friend of mine made a game that seems to be accidentally going way better than he expected. It's called Vampire Survivors and will kill a bit of time if it's your thing.
    https://kotaku.com/castlevania-roguelike-vampire-survivors-steam-itch-io-1848402308

greatwhitenorf likes this.
  17. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

I finally played 'What remains of Edith Finch' the other day - had been putting it off for so long, because I often find these story/walking simulator games to be quite boring, but had heard good things about it, so had to give it a go. And holy fudging brick, I'm glad I did! What a game. An absolute gem. One of the very best video games I've ever played. Incredibly imaginative and creative, and just a pioneering video gaming title I'd say. We'll look to this one day and say - "they started it". Story-telling and interactivity is just top top notch. I can't recommend it enough. Only takes 2-3 hours - just play it!

18. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Has anyone on here played the Arkham series? Looking at grabbing one and it’s unlikely i’ll play all three, which one should I get?

19. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

I haven't but for games I honestly found YouTube a good source to get a sense of what games I should get. I think the youtuber TMRTN reviewed and played that series so might be worth a look.

I got into Far Cry series by checking out YouTube and last one was unreal, my favourite game in years

spurspinter1 and djp82 like this.
  20. djp82

djp82 Gerry Armstrong

Just finished Last of us part 2 . Really enjoyed it . Both games are up there as top titles of all time.

My son’s PS5 has died 14 months old. Sony are a joke want 240 notes to fix it as out of 12 month warranty. A console that’s 500 quid and it’s not lasted long and they want paying to fix it. Surely they should be a bit more robust than a 14 months of play time. My old PS4 was brought release week never missed a beat.

My Xbox 360 was nearly 3 years old when got red ring of death . Microsoft never charged a penny.