1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by edgey-the-yid, 16 Jan 2012.

1. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Michael Carrick

Yeah fair call. I think there's better ways to manage it though, especially when it comes to the master sword... Enjoyed the cooking/conjuring system very much.

2. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

Yeah, it's a bit annoying, but it keeps you thinking about how to use certain things and keeps you trying out different weapons. I recently did a shrine fighting a tiny guardian type and it was called "a modest test of strength" and got walloped badly (while also breaking every weapon I had). I did beat the one in "a minor test of strength" though, but still got a long way to go. :p

3. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

I spent probably 120 hours on Zelda Breath of the Wild - in the end I had so much strong gear that defeating the final boss was a walk in the park. Bit of an anti-climax, but isn't it always at the end of games. What a game though, definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

I've been laughing at people playing Animal Crossing, it looks so silly and pointless, yet my son wanted to try it out, so we bought it - and ... I've been completely glued to it for three straight days now. Damn. It's tapping into something very primal in my brain.

4. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

I dug out the xbox 360 am getting stuck into Black Flag. What a great game.

5. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

I thought I'd buy a 2nd hand console, seems everybody else in the UK had the same idea haha

6. markysimmo

Just been given a Nintendo Wii and a shed load of games/accessories by my mrs mum

No way of connecting it to the TV we have in our lounge, we dont have the yellow, white and red sockets to plug into

Any tips on what connector to buy from Amazon please

HDMI to ???

7. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

Search for Wii2HDMI on amazon. Got one recently.

markysimmo likes this.
  8. markysimmo

£6.69 delivered Tuesday perfect

Rorschach likes this.
  9. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

Finally got round to playing Assassins creed - Odyssey having bought it a couple of months ago and did that thing of playing about one hour and just forgetting about it. Now if anything I'm a little too invested but damn it's great. Some excellent escapism and for the first time in ages I dig the storyline (and witnessed a harrowing moment today), but there's so much else to dive in to as well. I wanted to get away from Fifa having had a recent relapse as it can the online gaming is a bit too addictive and in the long run an unfulfilling venture.

Anyone else got back in to games previously gathering dust (metaphorical dust more likely)? An old friend I was chatting to who lives in a shipping container, said he'd finished whatever the latest Zelda game is on the Switch and thinks it's the best game he's ever played..But he never had a N64 so can't really say that without playing Ocarina of Time.

MKSpur likes this.
  10. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

I’ve played them both, Breath of the Wild is better, they are both awesome.

Daisuk likes this.
  11. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

Hmm, I'm very open to trying it but it's probably more for nostalgia's sake because of the age I was when played it that will make it hard to knock off the perch.

12. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

It's a fantastic game. I've never played a Zelda game before Breath of the Wild and was blown away. Really good!

I'm playing Hollow Knight at the moment. It's utterly fantastic. Pretty tough game, lots of hard bosses and a few crunching platforming sequences. It's huuuge, so lots of territories and enemies to explore. It's just excellent - the whole ambience of the game, the mechanics, all the secrets, the weird lore, enemies are great, the music is fantastic, the charm/abilities upgrade system is great - ah, it's just a masterpiece. And to think I got into it only a couple of months before the sequel is out! Highly recommended. :)

13. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

for Alien Day, Steam are selling Alien Isolation for £1.50, yes, less than 2 quid for one of the greatest games of all time, it's absolutely fantastic

SteveAWOL, Daisuk and SpurMeUp like this.
  14. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

PC only?

15. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

Windows, macOS and SteamOS+Linux

I bought it again so I can play on my MBP. My boy has first dibs on the PS these days.

16. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Ian Walker

Interesting. Do I dare? What is the gameplay like? Is it a shoot em up?

17. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

survival horror in space, the visuals are based on the first film, it looks beautiful, it's fudging terrifying

you do shoot things at times, but noise brings the alien looking, and you can't kill it

18. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Ian Walker

Sounds awesome. You don't need a joypad or whatever then? Mouse and keyboard?

19. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

either, you can use a pad if you have one, as long as it's supported by Steam

20. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

Sounds perfect for VR