• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Just remembered I've got just under a month left on an Apple TV free trial.
What's worth watching? I've already watched Ted Lasso, Slow Horses and the Essex Serpent.

The morning show is great.

Is the Essex Serpent any good, I thought the book was a bit slow and had a disappointing ending?

The Beastie Boys thing is good if you like them.

The morning show is great.

Is the Essex Serpent any good, I thought the book was a bit slow and had a disappointing ending?

The Beastie Boys thing is good if you like them.

Cheers. I'd noticed the Morning Show, so will be giving that a watch.
Essex Serpent : I'd say the TV version matches the book in that case. One of those where you stick with it to the end just because you've put in the effort watching the first few, but it ended up feeling a bit of a chore.

Last edited:
Cheers. I'd noticed the Morning Show, so will be giving that a watch.
Essex Serpent : I'd say the TV version matches the books in that case. One of those where you stick with it to the end just because you've put in the effort watching the first few, but it ended up feeling a bit of a chore.

I wanted there to be an actual serpent

Just remembered I've got just under a month left on an Apple TV free trial.
What's worth watching? I've already watched Ted Lasso, Slow Horses and the Essex Serpent.
Shining Girls is very good....stick with it till the end.
Blackbird is good as well but that has just started and they drop each episode each week so if you don't renew lol...well you can read the book. Severance is a slow burner,Ben Stiller directs,not a comedy as such but interesting.

Watching WWII in color: road to victory, it’s decent, but my GHod it’s American centric, to the point you start to question the “facts” being told! Should have known from the Title shot of a US flag being raised really!

Watching WWII in color: road to victory, it’s decent, but my GHod it’s American centric, to the point you start to question the “facts” being told! Should have known from the Title shot of a US flag being raised really!

Have you watched Ken Burns's the war? once again American-centric but brilliant.

Any monster carp fans? Was worried for them when Ali Hamidi left but just finished the last season and it was really good. A touch over scripted sometimes, but funny none the less.

never read the Sandman and it's all a bit bonkers but i am quite enjoying it.

Yes iI agree, it is much better than I thought it would be, David Thewlis is good and the lead plays his part well. Just finished The Dropout, which I found a bit annoying. Incredible story though.

Just finished Blackbird . Last thing Ray liotta was in before he passed . It was loosely based on a true story. Was a good watch well acted . Only 6 episodes so not a long haul. The guy that played the killer weirdo was very good.

Rings of Power brilliant so far, feels like more of the Jackson movies.

I just wish they had licensed the music, I’m still expecting it to kick in as the look is spot on.

Looking forward to watching it - These days it's quite hard not being influenced by faux outrage on social media when anything of note comes out, everything is either trash or gold no in-between.

It's a laugh or cry thing for me, that so many are worked up by the oh so unthinkable presence of ethnic minorities playing roles in worlds inhabited by orcs/ dragons / magic. In a way I miss the old bigots, at least they were upfront in stating that black people or gay folk make them uncomfortable rather than unironically describing anything different as "woke".

Rings of Power brilliant so far, feels like more of the Jackson movies.

I just wish they had licensed the music, I’m still expecting it to kick in as the look is spot on.

I'm a Tolkien fan and really can't get into this at all, to jumpy and trying to build to many stories at once.

Looking forward to watching it - These days it's quite hard not being influenced by faux outrage on social media when anything of note comes out, everything is either trash or gold no in-between.

It's a laugh or cry thing for me, that so many are worked up by the oh so unthinkable presence of ethnic minorities playing roles in worlds inhabited by orcs/ dragons / magic. In a way I miss the old bigots, at least they were upfront in stating that black people or gay folk make them uncomfortable rather than unironically describing anything different as "woke".

Yes I know what you mean. I’d prefer people wear their bias/bigotry on their sleeve out in the open rather than in secret. Then everyone knows what’s what. More chance of potentially changing their minds also if they are open about it rather than harbouring their feelings in private which could lead to resentment.

It’s just part of the culture wars stuff. Same with the left when they say it’s not right for a straight person to play the part of a gay person. It’s called acting! It’s also not practical. Would a closeted gay person have to come out of the closest and reveal their sexuality to be considered for the role. It’s completely impractical. Get the best person for the role. Doesn’t bother me that Ana De Armas is playing Marilyn Monroe even though she is Cuban. She’s fudging hot and a great actress! Jamie Foxx’s film has been shelved because RDJ is playing a Mexican. It’s ridiculous. I don’t care if there are no white actors in the black panther sequel and it shouldn’t bother people if it were the other way around. It’s entertainment at the end of the day not the census where everyone in the pie chart should need representation. I’m not against diversity, but not at the expense of the quality of the art itself. Hire the best people for the role. If they happen to be minorities then great I’ll support that.

Back