• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Yeah. My wife and I watched the final episode end, looked at one another and both went "NOOO!"

Really looking forward to future seasons. In plural. Omar Sy is trrific in the lead role and the character has all the qualities to be a compelling anti-hero.

My daughter is in the film production biz and had a chance to work on a project he was part of. Says he's a great guy.

As a British Asian i don't think i could even handle him being linked for the role, the absolute frothing from the right leaning social media over one of the best British actors around in Irdris Elba linked for the role reminded me we have so long to go it's unreal.
I've never heard of Dev Patel, has he been in anything good?

Elba can't be Bond, he wouldn't fit in a Valhalla.

Hugh Laurie?

He's in a space-based comedy called Avenue 5. The bride and I gave it a goggle and, after a couple of laboured opening episodes (only 30 mins each) found ourselves laughing out loud as the series develops. A funny spoof on the commercialization of outer space. Laurie's got real comedic chops, especially when his character flip-flops between English and American accents.

He's in a space-based comedy called Avenue 5. The bride and I gave it a goggle and, after a couple of laboured opening episodes (only 30 mins each) found ourselves laughing out loud as the series develops. A funny spoof on the commercialization of outer space. Laurie's got real comedic chops, especially when his character flip-flops between English and American accents.
Yeah it was on sky over there

I've never heard of Dev Patel, has he been in anything good?

Elba can't be Bond, he wouldn't fit in a Valhalla.

Errrr...was nominated in 2017 for Best Supporting Actor in Lion, starred in Slumdog Millionaire, was great in Hotel Mumbai and had a good role in Chappie. He's a great actor.

You'll have to explain your cheap insult on Elba to me, it makes no sense. Wouldn't fit in a big Viking hall? Please indulge the sideways-looking lefty here and detail your dig. Still, we should be grateful for miracles in your league of insults, you've let Daniel Craig off despite his being a scouser.

BTW, Idris Elba would make a fudging epic Bond.

Mark Strong's always good value for money.

Another fine Bond candidate. My respect for him increased tenfold when he did The Brothers Grimsby. I could even forgive him being a Gooner.

When Clive Owen did Croupier a couple of decades back, I thought he was nailed on for the job...not so much now, but there was a moment...

As a British Asian i don't think i could even handle him being linked for the role, the absolute frothing from the right leaning social media over one of the best British actors around in Irdris Elba linked for the role reminded me we have so long to go it's unreal.

Its funny isn't it. Don't tarnish their vision of their flag waving caucasian saviour at all. Shame they can't say it with their chest. tossstains

Errrr...was nominated in 2017 for Best Supporting Actor in Lion, starred in Slumdog Millionaire, was great in Hotel Mumbai and had a good role in Chappie. He's a great actor.

You'll have to explain your cheap insult on Elba to me, it makes no sense. Wouldn't fit in a big Viking hall? Please indulge the sideways-looking lefty here and detail your dig. Still, we should be grateful for miracles in your league of insults, you've let Daniel Craig off despite his being a scouser.

BTW, Idris Elba would make a fudging epic Bond.
Lion is such a great film. Very surprised it’s not been heard of - an absolute must watch.

Agree on Idris too. Stringer Bell / Luther as Bond would be a no-brainer. Not sure he’d fit into Vikings though - he’s no Ragnar Lothbrok.....

Back