• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Just binged Strangest Things

It's most def inspired by Stephen King films

Most def can see Stand by me, It, Needful Things, Carrie and the over lining geeks and bullied kids from tough lives gone good

Just binged Strangest Things

It's most def inspired by Stephen King films

Most def can see Stand by me, It, Needful Things, Carrie and the over lining geeks and bullied kids from tough lives gone good
Great fun, binged season 3 within 3 days of its release.

Heard good things about Dark which is apparently in a similar vein but remains on my watchlist...

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80100172

Season 3 of Stranger Things the best one yet? No fudging way! Whoever says so must be high. It's fudging brick compared to season 1 and 2. Weak, weak, weak.

Dark is... A lot darker, seemed like it was going to be a scandi type thriller but then has a twist. Very straight, little comedy or nostalgia.

Was about to say it is darker (There's no jokes about 'New Coke' or any light heartedness in Dark) but I actually prefer it to Stranger Things just because it's a bit more complex. The time travel aspect and just trying to keep up with who's who makes it feel a bit more satisfying.

Only 1 more season of both shows I believe.

Was about to say it is darker (There's no jokes about 'New Coke' or any light heartedness in Dark) but I actually prefer it to Stranger Things just because it's a bit more complex.

Only 1 more season of both shows I believe.
I thought stranger things is going to be 5?

I didn't mention the twist in dark just incase people were not aware of it... I wasn't so when it happened was completely blown away.... Then again I watched 3 episodes of bloodline before I realised it wasn't about vampires.

Finished s3 of Stranger things just now. It's obviously not terrible, but I thought it was very weak compared to season 1 and 2. No real suspense, thin as fudge story, too many pointless goofy moments (some are charming, but it was a bit of an overkill, imo) and pretty much just a watered down remake of season 2, it seemed.

Nothing on here on the recently dropped trailer of the upcoming Picard series?! Stop pretending to not be massive nerds you bastards

https://preview.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/story/star-trek-picard-trailer/vi-AAEEcG6

Different vibe to what I was expecting.

As for stranger things 3, I don't want to put my thoughts in to the mix without a brief guide on how to do that spoiler thing (please!!).
Frakes has confirmed he’s appearing too! Make it so number one.

Finished s3 of Stranger things just now. It's obviously not terrible, but I thought it was very weak compared to season 1 and 2. No real suspense, thin as fudge story, too many pointless goofy moments (some are charming, but it was a bit of an overkill, imo) and pretty much just a watered down remake of season 2, it seemed.

I agree. It feels like they did a survey of all the things people liked about the first two seasons and just shoved it all in there again. So many cute references and a load of product placement and not enough twists or clever plot. Saying that, It is what it is and I still enjoyed it.

Season 3 of Stranger Things the best one yet? No fudging way! Whoever says so must be high. It's fudging brick compared to season 1 and 2. Weak, weak, weak.

Watchable though, its always hard with these things, not sure what you can do with it or how far you can take it. Felt abit cut and paste I agree though

I agree. It feels like they did a survey of all the things people liked about the first two seasons and just shoved it all in there again. So many cute references and a load of product placement and not enough twists or clever plot. Saying that, It is what it is and I still enjoyed it.

Yeah, it's still watchable, and I guess it was bound to happen after that excellent first season - that one was a stroke of genius, in my opinion. Hard to follow up that, obviously.

Yeah, it's still watchable, and I guess it was bound to happen after that excellent first season - that one was a stroke of genius, in my opinion. Hard to follow up that, obviously.

Apparently it was supposed to be just one season with 11 dying at the end but like all TV, once it was successful they had to come up with new stories for future seasons. They have maintained a decent standard though compared to other shows that tail off badly

Apparently it was supposed to be just one season with 11 dying at the end but like all TV, once it was successful they had to come up with new stories for future seasons. They have maintained a decent standard though compared to other shows that tail off badly

Yeh they keep talking all the time about how they kept changing the story line.

Anybody read the Garth Ennis comic book The Boys, all episodes are on Amazon now, am watching part one now

If you haven't still download it, its brilliant, its rude, funny, violent and fricken ace

Anybody read the Garth Ennis comic book The Boys, all episodes are on Amazon now, am watching part one now

If you haven't still download it, its brilliant, its rude, funny, violent and fricken ace
Tried to start it last night. Got 2 minutes in before kids and wife happened.

Back