• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Think Game of Thrones made the right choices (for characters' endings) and with two ten episode seasons to finish it it would have been excellent. It was rushed though and Season 7 was terrible, this one though I enjoyed quite a lot.

My thoughts on the ending

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F06%2Fgelatin-excrement-sculptures-1.jpg

I was a little morose about Jon, what more can he give?

But then the end, with Ghost and Tormund, heading beyond the wall, it’s probably the only place he can be happy.

Agree with the above, why does Bran need a spy?

I bet the books end in a different way.

I was a little morose about Jon, what more can he give?

But then the end, with Ghost and Tormund, heading beyond the wall, it’s probably the only place he can be happy.

Agree with the above, why does Bran need a spy?

I bet the books end in a different way.

If you think about it, Bran is a right clam. He could've warged into anyone he wanted and stopped Cersei at any point, or stopped Dany from burning all the women and children but no, he just wanted to be king.

Looking at some of the YouTube interview clips it's pretty clear a lot of the actors weren't happy with the last season or so. But none of them can complain too much as it has been a huge thing for them. Made them famous, a lot of money and been great for their careers. Some of them made little jokey comments and and others just complained a little but still said thanks for the opportunity etc.
Its a shame, I'm glad they at least had a proper ending and tried to tie it all up but it could clearly have been so much better

Didn't realise there was a GoT chat! I agree with everything you guys have all said.

I really enjoyed 72 out of 73 episodes and unlike a lot of people even thought S8 had been brilliant so far, but that last episode was terrible.

Also, was it just me it seemed in a really cheesy style?

All the crazy stuff they had been through and they are just sat round smirking at each other making bad puns.

The way all the characters behaved was weird, like they were just filling a checklist.

I wanted there to be some kind of Night King *twist* (or for the Night king to win) and failing that I was quite happy with Daenerys killing everyone so disappointed on both counts, as well as it also being brick

I don't think it's been suggested that Bran is all powerful, can see whatever and whenever he wants, and warg into whatever he wants? Or that he can warg humans (who aren't mentally disabled like Hodor). Seems to me he is still learning and hasn't reached an end point, if there even is one for him. His skills are incomplete and come and go, though improving. Like any difficult learnt skill basically. He might be past the tipping point of ego death (it's presented like that) but that doesn't make him all powerful.

I think a lot of the backlash, not saying people in this thread, but more generally, is loads of social justice keyboard warriors were behind Dany and got trolled. She was always a bitch, always utterly arrogant and pretty ruthless. She just upped her bitchiness. Not sure she even went mad. Maybe power mad, psychopathic, which is something different..... Feel like she represents Social Justice Warriors pretty well, the way they think they are strong in their views and those views become so rabid that they are as restrictive and offensive as other detestable narrow-minded viewpoints. In the end they become tyrannical in their views as Dany does.

After the disappointing conclusion to GoT, at least HBO are back on very top form with that new drama about Chernobyl. First 3 episodes have been riveting.

I think a lot of the backlash, not saying people in this thread, but more generally, is loads of social justice keyboard warriors were behind Dany and got trolled. She was always a bitch, always utterly arrogant and pretty ruthless. She just upped her bitchiness. Not sure she even went mad. Maybe power mad, psychopathic, which is something different..... Feel like she represents Social Justice Warriors pretty well, the way they think they are strong in their views and those views become so rabid that they are as restrictive and offensive as other detestable narrow-minded viewpoints. In the end they become tyrannical in their views as Dany does.
I disagree - there is equal anger with the way Bran was chosen and the Stark kids getting "happy endigns" - its the poor writing / rushed ending that's largely caused the backlash not SJW

Watched the first episode of Catch 22 last night, really good production values and I liked it a lot, the scene about GHod was particularly good (not only because she was naked in it). Although its a long time since I read the book (one of my favourites) I remember loving the first half and liking the second half. If I remember rightly the first episode covered most of the first half so all my best bits are over, there may be flashbacks or I may be misremembering but I hope it stays good.

Back