1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official TV Thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 14 Jan 2012.

1. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Simon Davies

I watched the first three episodes of GOT, didn't do anything for me, watched 15mins of fleabag and turned it off.
    Not my cup of tea, as someone says in the movie thread, don't always go with recommendations.

2. StephenH

StephenH Tom Huddlestone

Good for you! It would be boring if we all liked the same thing!

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Pat van den Hauwe

I liked the Terry Gilliam movie but never watched the TV show, see that the first 3 seasons are currently on Amazon Prime so have added them to my watchlist...

They’re also finally doing a Deadwood feature film, hopefully it does well and HBO will then commission a movie to wrap up Rome too.

4. r-u-s-x

r-u-s-x Clint Dempsey

And Carnival

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  5. Jon

Jon Milija Aleksic

GoT was good wasn’t it!

Loved the bit when the dragons fried those fudging scene-stealing, gatecrashing, muppet babies....

6. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Ramon Vega

Thrones is good as long as they keep Dany off screen. Terrible actress, who turns all her costars terrible as well.

7. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Nick Barmby

I would love to hear what you think about it

8. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Not the first person Ive heard say that. Maybe Ive just caught him in miscast roles or something because whenever Ive seen him he is wooden as hell and just sucks the life out of any scene.

With Altered Carbon though that played to his strengths!

I like Quinto in the movies as Spock as well, and I have to say Im really enjoying the guy in Discovery playing him.

And I have to say I was very skeptical about them having Spock in Discovery, but it works for me.

About 4 episodes into S2 of The Expanse, it is growing on me...

First 3 of Season 1?

If thats the case Id strongly suggest at least finishing the season. Its not an episodic narrative, each season is one long story - and particularly at first there is a huge amount of getting to know the (numerous!) players etc.

I think half way through the first season I was still trying to work out who was who and wanted what etc...

And then by the end it comes together and is really quite brilliant.

Ive only seen S1 and 2, so have a pretty major binge ahead of me...

Jon likes this.