• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Not as a dyslexic it doesn’t ;).
Do the books better the TV version?
Ah!

I think they do, but that’s not a sleight on the tv version at all, they’ve done a great job and in some areas the cuts/changes are for the better. The author seems quite happy to spend 3 pages describing every breakfast for example - the fat bastard! There are also multiple times that about 10 characters have been cut down to 1 on the tv show - which makes it a lot easier to consume.

The books are bloody long and take a hell of a lot of time to get though as well.

Anyone catch the Motley Crue docu-drama on Netflix...makes Bohemian Rhapsody look like Snow White lol...all warts and all. Ossie Osbourne makes an appearance and the famous story of snorting ants and tinkle is acted out.

Some crazy scenes and nothing is left out and i mean nothing especially in the first five minutes at a house party!!...the band produced it so all it is true.How they all survived i never now.

Ah!

I think they do, but that’s not a sleight on the tv version at all, they’ve done a great job and in some areas the cuts/changes are for the better. The author seems quite happy to spend 3 pages describing every breakfast for example - the fat bastard! There are also multiple times that about 10 characters have been cut down to 1 on the tv show - which makes it a lot easier to consume.

The books are bloody long and take a hell of a lot of time to get though as well.

I'll stick to the TV version I think.

Anyone catch the Motley Crue docu-drama on Netflix...makes Bohemian Rhapsody look like Snow White lol...all warts and all. Ossie Osbourne makes an appearance and the famous story of snorting ants and tinkle is acted out.

Some crazy scenes and nothing is left out and i mean nothing especially in the first five minutes at a house party!!...the band produced it so all it is true.How they all survived i never now.

As the late great Ian Drury said and sung.

" Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll"
" Are the things to save my Soul"

I love audio books and wondered if the written books were too similar to the TV?
I have started to listen to the Audio books a few times - ditched it because I didn't want to ruin the show. I ended up listening to the first and couldn't see the subtleties that people said characters had in the books but not the film.

Bohemian Rhapsody Sacha Cohen was meant to be doing this but dropped out after the band decided they wanted to do the clean version rather than the warts and all (midgets and coke on their head etc) - I know I would have watched that version.

Bohemian Rhapsody Sacha Cohen was meant to be doing this but dropped out after the band decided they wanted to do the clean version rather than the warts and all (midgets and coke on their head etc) - I know I would have watched that version.

Have to say, I dont get the fuss with Bohemian Rhapsody.

I mean, its fine, and the music is great, but its not a particularly good film.

Basically advertising/propoganda for Queen, rather than a meaningful/thoughtful/in anyway not superficial film.

At this point I like the look of the Elton John one much more!

Have to say, I dont get the fuss with Bohemian Rhapsody.

I mean, its fine, and the music is great, but its not a particularly good film.

Basically advertising/propoganda for Queen, rather than a meaningful/thoughtful/in anyway not superficial film.

At this point I like the look of the Elton John one much more!
Once I heard its the tame version I didn't bother watching (nor the Elton John one) - if I am in the mood for Queen I will pop on a albumn.

Once I heard its the tame version I didn't bother watching (nor the Elton John one) - if I am in the mood for Queen I will pop on a albumn.

You really arent missing much.

Some of the performances were really on point, so far as impressions go. But basically it was a walking talking Queen advert designed to boost sales.

It was tame beyond belief, to the degree it virtually skimmed his homosexuality with as light a touch as possible.

When such a fundamental part of his story was effectively airbrushed, you know what you are looking at...

Havent seen the Elton one, just the trailer, but it looks like a much better film so far to me

You really arent missing much.

Some of the performances were really on point, so far as impressions go. But basically it was a walking talking Queen advert designed to boost sales.

It was tame beyond belief, to the degree it virtually skimmed his homosexuality with as light a touch as possible.

When such a fundamental part of his story was effectively airbrushed, you know what you are looking at...

Havent seen the Elton one, just the trailer, but it looks like a much better film so far to me
Elson John is just because he did ok in "Sing" and they are now mates isn't it.

Absolutely no idea.

I quite like Tarron Egerton anyway, and so would watch for him - but it looks like he is doing a good job.

It seems more "honest" than the Queen one, and also more fantastical. Looks like a riot - if you havent seen it give the trailer a go.

Back