• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

O/T as it's not a film.

But binge-watched Afterlife on Netflix yesterday. At times it almost made you feel like shedding a tear, but minutes later it would be tears of laughter. Shame it was only 6 episodes

In the middle of watching the series, love it!

Last edited:
You have some great TV ahead of you. That show has some of the greatest set piece scenes I've seen in any show - get the lights off and the sound up for as many as you can.

Look out for Jeremy Corbyn as the main antagonist in Season 6.

Season 1 was immense, now I have a few days off work so I think I might watch season 2 over the next 2-3 days

I think Deadwood is a lot better than GoT. I like GoT, but then I can never really remember who anybody is, as it doesn't grab me in the way that The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood did. I remember who everybody from those shows is, nerdy references etc. GoT is decent, but also meh.

Meh? You have got to be kidding

I like GoT, but then I can never really remember who anybody is, as it doesn't grab me in the way that The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood did. I remember who everybody from those shows is, nerdy references etc.
“You know nothing, DZA Snow”.....

Is there a better written "person of short stature" character than Tyrion Lannister in the history of television? I think not, he is just brilliant

O/T as it's not a film.

But binge-watched Afterlife on Netflix yesterday. At times it almost made you feel like shedding a tear, but minutes later it would be tears of laughter. Shame it was only 6 episodes
did you watch Derek? similar (not as sad) roller coaster - at first i thought he was taking the tinkle out of the handicapped at the end i had a tear in my eye

First two seasons were dull I thought, but soldiered on watching (at night shift at work, so had little else to do) and really got to like in season 3. But not a top score from me over all.

I just sit back and enjoy the ride as the story has unfolded.
Good and indifferent episodes always happen on projects of this magnitude.
I have really enjoyed the whole ride so far.

To be fair, it didn't really get started until season 3
I struggled with season one. Such a slow and bleak start.
However I did try it again from the start and pushed through, and my GHod it was worth it.

The writing style is slow, but that really adds to the impact when you just do not see something big coming. It’s very clever and well constructed.

Better Call Saul is even more so. Sometimes I’m bored brickless, then the story arcs come together and you are just like OMG!

I struggled with season one. Such a slow and bleak start.
However I did try it again from the start and pushed through, and my GHod it was worth it.

The writing style is slow, but that really adds to the impact when you just do not see something big coming. It’s very clever and well constructed.

Better Call Saul is even more so. Sometimes I’m bored brickless, then the story arcs come together and you are just like OMG!
It's like the book American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis. First 200 pages are boring as fudge. Nothing but descriptions of double buttoned or single buttoned suits, fonts and styles of business cards and so on. And the suddenly it explodes with bestial and macabre murders.

Back