• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

San Junipero in series 3 is one of the most moving dramas I've ever watched.

I watched that episode yesterday, I was confused at first, I didn’t really understand what was happen. But as the truth was revealed, as the characters were unveiled, the strength of the story grew. An excellent episode, perhaps one of the best, and also a rare non dark Black Mirror episode. As you say, it was a moving episode, the soundtrack was cleverly chose, with each song providing a subtle nod to either the character, the moment, the storyline arc, or all three. I’m going to have to rewatch soon to see how all the pieces fell together. I feel as if somehow I had missed a vital piece of information upon my first viewing of the episode.

I also thought that Hated in the Nation was an excellent episode. I’ve finished season 3, half watched USS Callister, and I’m going to watch more of season 4 over the next few days.

San Junipero is just stunning.

Try ‘hang the dj’ in the next series if you haven’t already. You’ll like that as well.

I never really identified her as the issue (though while I enjoy her, she could have gone ages ago), but I do agree it went from morally grey detective show to action super star show and thats very much to its detriment.
Gutted with how much Luther has tanked over the last couple of seasons.
This last one was dull af. Ended up surfing this place it was losing my interest that badly!

Also, how come Alice looks quite tasty in the affair, but looked like twenty years older in Luther!

That Bros documentary. Can't remember what it's called but it's incredible.

I don't think the director went out looking for this story, but has clearly stumbled onto (and made full value of) some kind of cross between The Office and Spinal Tap.
Caught the wife watching this last night (at least that’s what she said she was doing!)

Took the pee as she’s an ex Brosette (the shame!), but feck me the pair of us were in stitches and both doing David Brent impressions long before the end.

I’m a friend first and a boss second. Probably an entertainer third....

Great viewing.

San Junipero is just stunning.

Try ‘hang the dj’ in the next series if you haven’t already. You’ll like that as well.

I’ve watched all episodes now. Now I’m rewatching some of the episodes. I watched PlayTest again yesterday. Realised some very obvious clues, from watching it back, to what was to happen.

I wonder when season 5 will be released. I’m sure that I read it was postponed because of the filming of Bandersnatch.

As per Hang the DJ, that was a good episode, but lacked the warmth of San Junipero I think as the situations differed in a distinct way. I thought the woman was hot in it. And apparently the guy is from Peaky Blinders, but I’ve never watched that.

Gutted with how much Luther has tanked over the last couple of seasons.
This last one was dull af. Ended up surfing this place it was losing my interest that badly!

Also, how come Alice looks quite tasty in the affair, but looked like twenty years older in Luther!

Finally watched it.

Wow, its like they arent even trying.

A bit late on this one, but just started Killing Eve, and so far its massive fun!

That girls an absolute NUTTER

I thought it was ok but nothing great. I was disappointed by the stupidity of events in the series, plus that the style of the show changed and in the end it wasn’t completely what I had been anticipating. I found elements of the storyline to be totally far fetched, almost as if they just thought that throwing a psychopath character on screen and giving her personality would be enough to have people loving the show. Jodie Comer is excellent as the psychopath, she steals the show from Sandra Oh, she will go on to be a big star, I’m sure of that. But, overall the show was a disappointment and I’d only award it a 3 out of 5 score.

I thought it was ok but nothing great. I was disappointed by the stupidity of events in the series, plus that the style of the show changed and in the end it wasn’t completely what I had been anticipating. I found elements of the storyline to be totally far fetched, almost as if they just thought that throwing a psychopath character on screen and giving her personality would be enough to have people loving the show. Jodie Comer is excellent as the psychopath, she steals the show from Sandra Oh, she will go on to be a big star, I’m sure of that. But, overall the show was a disappointment and I’d only award it a 3 out of 5 score.

Thats a shame, only a couple of episodes in and enjoying it so far.

Comer is outstanding at this point.

The tone is very odd, its almost comedic at this point - but I quite enjoy that.

Indeed. Was a mess wasn’t it.

The best comparison that comes to mind is Sherlock.

First couple of seasons was genuinely good writing, there was effort. It was crafted well enough that you could, if you paid attention, have solved it yourself.

Then it just devolved into schlock with no care at all, and Sherlock cracking cases (in between car chases etc) virtually by omnipotence.

The first couple of series of Sherlock were genuinely good, then it just became utter turd.

Replace Sherlock with Luther and I think that statement still stands perfectly!

Luther was simply a trip down memory lane.
It doesn't stand too much examination.
As with most TV its what you do when there is no sport on!
Still, haven't watched the last season of Sherlock....

Thats a shame, only a couple of episodes in and enjoying it so far.

Comer is outstanding at this point.

The tone is very odd, its almost comedic at this point - but I quite enjoy that.

It if more of a dark comedy, as I say there are too many moments in which I had to suspend belief as it’s hard to base this in a real World but as the general opinion for this show seems to be favourable then it’s likely that you will continue to enjoy the show.

Now I’m looking for next tv series to watch.

True Detective Season 3 started lastnight, trailers look good

Nice, thanks. Didn't know that. Season 1 was excellent. 2 not that great, but decent. Let's hope 3 is as good as the first.

I'm watching the staircase on Netflix. I get completely sucked into these good true crime stories, very very engaging.

Back