• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Just going to start watching that this week, just watched the first two episodes of the Bodyguard and i am not impressed so far.
Bodyguard has suffered like many 'good' programs they get totally overhyped! Bodyguard is above average and is worth a watch but nothing more, I enjoyed it. But it has been totally blown up out of all proportion. But that does not make it terrible. Too much hype has a habit of being extremely counter productive especially when pitchfork phalanx get started in on the anti reviews.

Thought bodyguard was nice sunday evening t.v. usually i can not watch what the wife watches on a sunday night because it hurts my head. I usually end up going into the other room and watching football on the small t.v. or talking to you tacos.

Bodyguard was a nice show to watch together, not amazing but decent. Most of British t.v. is awful.

Just finished Preacher season 3, a massive return to form for me (not really a fan of 2).

It is almost completely away from the books, but manages to retain the same feel/vibe and I absolutely love it.

Just finished Preacher season 3, a massive return to form for me (not really a fan of 2).

It is almost completely away from the books, but manages to retain the same feel/vibe and I absolutely love it.
I agree P3 was a lot better than 2 although I do feel that they have a lot of filler in the seasons and it could be a bit more trim.

do you watch Legion?

At only 10 episodes I quite enjoy the little asides. Though I agree, it feels a little like they are trying to make the most of limited material. The books are finite, of course.

Ive seent he first season of Legion, loved it - got the second recorded but yet to start.

At only 10 episodes I quite enjoy the little asides. Though I agree, it feels a little like they are trying to make the most of limited material. The books are finite, of course.

Ive seent he first season of Legion, loved it - got the second recorded but yet to start.
Some cracking set pieces in it- same vibe but possibly a bit to "wacky" / "all over the place" - I liked it a lot for what it was attempting but not sure I liked it for what it was, will definitely be watching the next one though.

Last edited:
Enjoyed Ozark season 2.

Season 3 should be the last though IMHO.
These long series runs can take the shine off the whole product if they are not carful.

Ray Donovan went a bit off the rails in the last series finale @markysimmo
Really enjoyed Ozark season 2, wasn’t blown away by the first season, but think it went up a level this time.

Some cracking set pieces in it- same vibe but possibly a bit to "wacky" / "all over the place" - I liked it a lot for what it was attempting but not sure I liked it for what it was, will defiantly be watching the next one though.

I quite enjoy things that are a little unconventional, hence Preacher, so Im open to a bit of strangeness. As I say, really enjoyed the first season - even though there were fair portions where its a case of "whats going on exactly?"

Really enjoyed Ozark season 2, wasn’t blown away by the first season, but think it went up a level this time.

Some of my favourite and some of the stronger characters though have sadly bitten the dust, but that's life I guess.
Darlene is a great character if a little disturbing.

Informer on BBC1 is pretty decent
It's on Iplayer so you can watch the whole series in one go
I watched all 6 episodes in the last few days.
It is soooooo over-complicated, LOADS of new characters introduced and then discarded.
They could have made it a really good film with a linear storyline.
But there are so many extra stories and side pieces to fill out 6 hours of telly and then the grand finale is just ridiculous.
A series of events so unlikely, it would be like you going to meet a friend for lunch in London and bumping into your other friends just as their mum walked in and tripped over an old school-friend who was there to buy a bicycle off your dad who had taken a part time job cleaning restaurant windows who happened to be washing the windows of the restaurant at the same moment a psycho opens fire because someone stole a crisp off him at lunchtime.

Back