• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Love hap and leonard, although Purefoys accent is a little off.

Have Goliath on the watchlist as well but yet to see it.

Im not sure Ill sit through 7 seasons of Mad Men, my interest is waning (and was never that high to start with). Not sure I see the fuss with it, its so highly rated.

I saw all of Mad Men. I quite liked it. It gets deeper and deeper, but I agree, mostly just a lot of terrible people in it. It does take a few turns here and there, but ultimately never gets really exciting. Well worth watching all of it though, in my opinion, considering the heaps of garbage on TV you could otherwise spend your time watching. :p

Love hap and leonard, although Purefoys accent is a little off.

Have Goliath on the watchlist as well but yet to see it.

Im not sure Ill sit through 7 seasons of Mad Men, my interest is waning (and was never that high to start with). Not sure I see the fuss with it, its so highly rated.

Purefoys accent is a little off - took me three episodes before I decided I couldn't work out where I had seen him before and IMDB it, felt very foolish, so I didn't think it was off.

I have issues with Goliath but I did watch season 2 in about a week so must have enjoyed it, re-watching Bosch and Loudermilk which is probably the end of the decent TV on Prime.

I really like Bosch, its very well done (if a well trodden format). Whats Loudermilk?

I liked season 1 of Mr Robot on Prime, havent followed it up yet.

Loved Parks and Rec. Quite like Lucifer as a bit of a throwaway thing.

Season 1 of Preacher was excellent, 2 a let down. And Im very happy they are making The Boys.

Otherwise I agree, there isnt a great deal on there.

I really like Bosch, its very well done (if a well trodden format). Whats Loudermilk?

I liked season 1 of Mr Robot on Prime, havent followed it up yet.

Loved Parks and Rec. Quite like Lucifer as a bit of a throwaway thing.

Season 1 of Preacher was excellent, 2 a let down. And Im very happy they are making The Boys.

Otherwise I agree, there isnt a great deal on there.

Loudermilk is a decent comedy about a recovering alcoholic

Parks and rec I watched all them a few times (Mrs loves it) and its very good

Preacher is similar to walking Dead some great episodes make you forget the rubbish ones, until you cant be bothered with it anymore. Season 3 is starting quite well.

Pretty sure we will have wall to wall Lord of the rings soon as they need to make $$$ to pay for this deal https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-release-date-plot-cast-2170413 - $250M before they have filmed a thing!

Prime is great for the Kids TV.

Ill look into Loudermilk, thanks.

Cant say the LotR stuff appeals, but who knows once it arrives?

Have you read Preacher? I fudging love the books. The first season deviated completely, but in a way that made perfect sense and I really enjoyed it.

Second season seemed to just deviate pointlessly, and the whole thing went well down in my estimation. Its one I want to like, but am struggling to muster interest for right now. Good to hear season 3 is starting well, Ill probably wait until its done before starting.

Ill look into Loudermilk, thanks.

Cant say the LotR stuff appeals, but who knows once it arrives?

Have you read Preacher? I fudging love the books. The first season deviated completely, but in a way that made perfect sense and I really enjoyed it.

Second season seemed to just deviate pointlessly, and the whole thing went well down in my estimation. Its one I want to like, but am struggling to muster interest for right now. Good to hear season 3 is starting well, Ill probably wait until its done before starting.
No the only graphic novels I have read are Watchman, Maus, V for Vendetta, one of the Sin City & The Dark knight returns. I am not one to really appreciate the artwork so the medium is a bit wasted on me.

I love LOTR films and re-watch them every other Christmas, read the book a few times in my teens and even got through most of The Silmarillion. I don't see the point in doing a LOTR tv spin off, if its a prequel they tend to leave me cold and the main story has been told. I know they want to challenge GOT but this brings a lot of baggage, there are loads of books out there that would have a lot lower risk (my preference is the first law series).

Both Preacher and The Boys I couldnt recommend highly enough, really quite brilliant. If you were anywhere near me Id happily lend them to you just so someone else can enjoy them!

Im with you on the LotRs stuff, I loved the films (not the Hobbit ones though!) but really have no enthusiasm for a prequel. They could do a different fantasy series, it doesnt have to be LotR at all.

This looks very good, a new Sacha Baron Cohen show taking the tinkle out of yanks

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/who-is-america

Although funny in parts (small parts) it left me cold, there is no subtlety to it (nor does there need to be for the Yanks to fall for it) and the targets, guns segment aside, he was sending up didn't really deserve it.

I wont bother with any more and watch the highlights on reddit.

Back