• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Technology Thread ***

edgey-the-yid

Gheorge Popescu
So thought I'd start a thread to share and discuss all future technology and gadgets etc. Kind of like a "Gadget Show" thread if you like. Will start with a video from CES and Samsung showing off flexible screens aswel as curved screens and much higher def (4 million pixels) for tablets/laptops. Amazing stuff on show... Love the tablet that folds like a wallet to become a phone!

[video=youtube;p3a9WrfzZOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3a9WrfzZOM[/video]

Last edited:
Steve Jobs was right all along

Now now lets not turn this into a fan boy attack thread ;) far too many of them. I know I have started the thread off witb Samsung tech and have been accused of bein a Samsung fanboy but that was not my intentions... Just sharing what I thought was some pretty exciting stuff. All tech, gadgets, tvs, etc welcome

Anybody liking the new Sony android handsets?

xperia_2462413b.jpg

They look quite tasty

5" screen, 1080p resolution :eek:, 13MP camera, Waterproof & Dustproof

Nice specs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/sony/9827502/Sony-Xperia-Z-hands-on.html

here's a couple of questions for you tech savy guys :

would a smart TV be capable of streaming content from my PC? (via ethernet) If not what's the best/cheapest way to be able to view the movies i have stored on the hard drive through my TV?

also, one of the media players i have on my pc has a 3D feature - i presume this wouldn't compare to a standalone 3D Blu Ray player ? (my disk drive is Blu Ray btw) don't wanna be weighing out for a 3D player if i can achieve the same effect via a media player

got an insurance claim come through for my stolen PS3 and TV so im looking at all the options before deciding what TV to go for

Billy if you get a smart tv, plug in an Ethernet cable or buy a wireless dongle for it and install twonky media server or plex media server. Your tv will be able to pick it up from your pc as long as its all on the same network.

here's a couple of questions for you tech savy guys :

would a smart TV be capable of streaming content from my PC? (via ethernet) If not what's the best/cheapest way to be able to view the movies i have stored on the hard drive through my TV?

also, one of the media players i have on my pc has a 3D feature - i presume this wouldn't compare to a standalone 3D Blu Ray player ? (my disk drive is Blu Ray btw) don't wanna be weighing out for a 3D player if i can achieve the same effect via a media player

got an insurance claim come through for my stolen PS3 and TV so im looking at all the options before deciding what TV to go for

All the Samsung Smart TVs have All Share on it, after an initial set up on both the tv and on the laptop, it streams everything from my laptop, films, music and even piccies

Office 2013 has been released today.

For £80 a year you can get word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, publisher, one note and access plus 60 Skype minutes and an extra 20 gigs of sky drive storage.

Plus you can have all of that for up to 5 users.

Downside is its an annual subscription so if you don't renew the software stops working but still a pretty good deal if you have a couple of laptops or family members who can use it.

You'll also be entitled to all future upgrades for free.

Billy if you get a smart tv, plug in an Ethernet cable or buy a wireless dongle for it and install twonky media server or plex media server. Your tv will be able to pick it up from your pc as long as its all on the same network.

hmm sounds simple enough, cheers guys

Southstand - a little over my budget that TV, have around 500 - 600 - LG seem to be decent value in that range.

bit weird, Insurance company reimbursed us in the form of an Amazon.co.uk voucher, so gotta go through them

Re: BB10

does anyone know if existing Blackberrys will be sent an over-air upgrade to this new OS or will it only be available on new hardware?

Think I've seen this mentioned before on here, but anyone got/used an Onkyo HTX-22 for a basic 2.1 AV system?

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/...hdx-2-1-high-definition-surround-sound-system

Going to be upgrading the telly to an LED at some point soon and reckon I'll need something else to handle the sound (based on experience of other LED sets).

Would it better to just get a standard AV receiver, but make it output 2.1? (Can they do that? I assume they can).

Think I've seen this mentioned before on here, but anyone got/used an Onkyo HTX-22 for a basic 2.1 AV system?

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/...hdx-2-1-high-definition-surround-sound-system

Going to be upgrading the telly to an LED at some point soon and reckon I'll need something else to handle the sound (based on experience of other LED sets).

Would it better to just get a standard AV receiver, but make it output 2.1? (Can they do that? I assume they can).

You not thought about a soundbar which will deliver 5.1 from just the little thing under the tv, with no extra speakers?

Back