• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

remember this ITK from last sunday.......pretty spot on if you ask me, and posted on Spurs Community. Considering how long new Spurs signings normally have medicals before any announcement, todays announcement shows that the medical was done and dusted

I don't post regularly as you can see. I'm not someone 'ITK' but found out from someone important today (and saw photo) of Sigurdsson having successfully completed his medical in a Spurs top with my source (who's one of my bosses).

He's signed for us on the quiet yet to be announced and has had his medical today! That's all I know (nothing about the fee etc)

Oh, I'm a doctor in London btw.

Hope this helps!

and this as a follow up

My first (and probably last) piece of in the know. How exciting.
I actually wasn't going to post as thought if the leak gets traced to here they (Spurs) may be upset with my boss, however a quick google before I posted and our interest seems have come up on the daily mail website already, so hopefully I shan't be tracked down.
Sorry I don't have the photo; I was shown it on his phone. Happy to apologise if not true.

I have to say I was quite underwhelmed by the news as I assumed this may be a Modric replacement but everyone here and my ITK boss seem quite happy with it!

Like I say, all I've been told is he's signed under the radar and I saw a photo of him in a spurs shirt (not a match day one, a t-shirt) shaking hands with Spurs medical staff after his successful medical! No idea re: fee.

I did ask my boss if he knew anything about our boss(Spurs) but he said he knows nothing about managers.

Yeah, that guy is vindicated. It's weird, a few ITKs have been right about Sig/AVB/first week of July. What the hell is going on?!??!

To be honest, the more diverse a team tries to become the less successful it becomes. I'd like us to adopt a formation, a style and play it home and away, regardless of the opposition, and let them worry about us! That way the players always know what they're doing.

i think you need something like a 75-25 split in that regard (maybe less at home, more away - oppo depending)
any team good at what they do, should do what you say above but also make small alterations to either exploit the weakness' of the oppo or nulify any threat they have that is likely to really hurt you.

for example, against a team that always plays really deep, not a lot of point playing Lennon (or at least channeling a lot oplay that way) unless you can find a way of drawing them out.
whereas a team that leaves a bit of space in behind or out wide - that switch ball can destroy the oppo

There was a link to some article bigging up his work rate and effort at Swansea last season on here a couple of days ago. Anyone have the link available or know where that was?

Found it in the AVB tactics thread, not from an article, but from a Swansea journo:

Interestingly a journalist close to Swansea was talking to Danny Kelly on talksport about sigursson and was asked what he would bring to a top-six team, the guy ran through the usual goal/set piece threat but then said his work rate and stamina were key to his game - he buys into the high pressing style we saw from Spain in the euros and for me this stood out - sigurdsson didn't seem to be on our radar until recently and suddenly we seem to have jumped on a deal to Liverpool that seemed all but done and stolen it last minute. I saw mostly only highlights of him last season but if this pressing game thing is right then I think it's probably avb told levy he wanted him early on in discussions during the last week or two - I can see him fitting perfectly into his system - high pressing wining the, ball high up the pitch and using his finishing ability to devastating effect!

I think this is a key part of this signing. I'm quite sure AVB is one of those that puts quite a bit of effort into scouting and stats before signing a player, particularly the kind of stats like distance covered and time spent running at top speed or whatever that stat was called. Combined with the information from this journalist I'm quite sure we've got a player that will fit very well into AVB's high pressing and intensity game plan, while adding some of the qualities on the ball that we've all seen.

Central midfield, akin to the sort of role Gerrard/Lampard play when employed in a 4-5-1.

Yes please. The role he had at Swansea was ahead of Britton and Allen who did most of the deep playmaking and holding business allowing him to get involved in the final third as much as possible. Hoping he gets most of his games in a similar role for us although I think our midfielders will be moving about and switching positions quite a bit under AVB.

So a midfield akin to..

Defence
Sandro - - - - - Modric
---------Sig
Strikers/wingers./whatever

?

Guess it would

Sigurdson - Gerrard
Modric - Alonso
Sandro - Mascherano

That midfield came close to winning the league, we just need our Torres

I do worry where this leaves VdV as I can only see room for one or other of them in AVB's team rather than both of them. Unless we were to keep both given the number of games we'll play and Rafa's injuries. I cant see the point selling VdV unless we were to get a knock-out price for him ie best part of £20m

No way in a million years.

A million years? That's a lot. We can be pretty sure that AVB isn't going to have us line up anything like we did last season and we don't know what other players are coming in yet, so it's just a suggestion. But if we played a 4-3-3 can you really see him lining up, for instance, with a combo of Sandro/Moutinho/Sigurdsson? The back four, a high back four at that, would be pretty exposed no? Too much focus on attack.

Yeah, that guy is vindicated. It's weird, a few ITKs have been right about Sig/AVB/first week of July. What the hell is going on?!??!

As i've said all along - these 'preofessional' ITK's know fudge all.

It's the kind of brick above that's believeable.....left of field stuff that has a ring of authenticity to it.

A million years? That's a lot. We can be pretty sure that AVB isn't going to have us line up anything like we did last season and we don't know what other players are coming in yet, so it's just a suggestion. But if we played a 4-3-3 can you really see him lining up, for instance, with a combo of Sandro/Moutinho/Sigurdsson? The back four, a high back four at that, would be pretty exposed no? Too much focus on attack.

I have No idea how Moutinho is defensively.

Sandro is a beast, Modric is alright and sig is meant to be good at the pressing game.

Sigurdson - Gerrard
Modric - Alonso
Sandro - Mascherano

That midfield came close to winning the league, we just need our Torres
That midfield trio was sensationally good, Liverpool was the best team in the world for a short period of time when they comfortably beat United away and outplayed Real Madrid completely at home. Comparing Sandro to Mascherano is somewhat optimistic, though.

Why would the back 4 be more exposed than in a 4-4-2 where you had say Sandro or Modric/Moutinho in CM?!?!?

Back