• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Levy is director of football, he probably asked AVB if he would be interested in the Sig, i'm pretty certain this was all Levy

i do hope AVB is 100% in favour.....hate to see Sigurdsson being treated the way Cahill was

at Southampton he was deadly

the move to Spurs soon knocked that ability out of him

Against Championship level goalkeepers, from what I remember (some time since i last looked at those goals) most would have been saved by PL standard goalies.

We'll see how him and Sigurdsson progress under AVB, I have a feeling we'll be looking at some improvement from the Redknapp era set plays.

Against Championship level goalkeepers, from what I remember (some time since i last looked at those goals) most would have been saved by PL standard goalies.

We'll see how him and Sigurdsson progress under AVB, I have a feeling we'll be looking at some improvement from the Redknapp era set plays.

nah, some of the goals were right in the corners, most keepers at any level would have had difficulties in trying to stop them

he really had the knack of making the ball rise and dip and at speed. It was stunning at times, and even the free kicks that didnt go in were quite close to the target

at Spurs i rarely see him even going close.....mystery

Well that definitely means we'll be playing 4-5-1. So unless VDV is going to play up top on his own, it also means squad rotation galore or VDV is a goner.

Either that or we're all jumping the gun a bit. £8m is good business, even if he turns out to be a Kranky squad replacement.

He's got a really strange way of striking the ball. Generates huge amounts of dip though - clearly someone who works on free kick/corners a lot.

A bit like the way Ronaldo strikes the ball I thought.

Levy is director of football, he probably asked AVB if he would be interested in the Sig, i'm pretty certain this was all Levy

This doesn't really make sense to me. I just don't think that's how it works. Why would Levy spend money and effort on a player the manager wasn't 100% committed to? And wouldn't he fear antagonising the new mamager on his first day in the job? And how weak would AVB be if Levy said: "Here, I want to sign this guy", and AVB shrugged and sort of says, "Yeah, whatever". Doesn't add up to me at all in fairness.

nah, some of the goals were right in the corners, most keepers at any level would have had difficulties in trying to stop them

he really had the knack of making the ball rise and dip and at speed. It was stunning at times, and even the free kicks that didnt go in were quite close to the target

at Spurs i rarely see him even going close.....mystery

Direct free kicks are a myth anyway. In Europe's top 5 leagues the most any team scored from them last season was 6 goals.

He can take set pieces which is a huge bonus in our team as we're toss at them.

He shoots regularly from distance which was something we lacked last season IMO

He gets up and down the pitch which is key to being successfull in the premier league

He is strong in the air from what I have seen

All looks good for him and us in a better team

Direct free kicks are a myth anyway. In Europe's top 5 leagues the most any team scored from them last season was 6 goals.

This. I remember when people were banging on about Beckham. He went almost a whole season once without scoring, and during that time he was taking two or three direct free kicks a game.

Sigurdsson signs

...and there was me expecting brick like this;

Petur%20GRI.jpg

Glad we've got the REAL one... onwards and upwards, eh fellas?

Of course this means either Modric or VDV (or both) have gone doesn't it?

Really pleased with this signing. Get in!

Don't feel this is the end of Rafa. And isn't the dream to have two quality players in each position?

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Gylfi Sigurdsson: Hit the target with 55% of shots from outside the box last season; 2nd best rate of players with 20+ attempts (Modric 58%)

Really pleased with this signing. Get in!

Don't feel this is the end of Rafa. And isn't the dream to have two quality players in each position?

not in every position because its hard to keep everyone happy.....there has to be a couple of players that can play in multiple positions and cover in that way, a couple of kids

A bit like the way Ronaldo strikes the ball I thought.

This doesn't really make sense to me. I just don't think that's how it works. Why would Levy spend money and effort on a player the manager wasn't 100% committed to? And wouldn't he fear antagonising the new mamager on his first day in the job? And how weak would AVB be if Levy said: "Here, I want to sign this guy", and AVB shrugged and sort of says, "Yeah, whatever". Doesn't add up to me at all in fairness.

Agreed. I think once AVB was confirmed, he, Sherwood and Levy discussed who they needed to play AVB's football. AVB said someone like Sigurdsson would be perfect. Levy goes and gets him.

It's gonna be 4-3-3, Siggy is going to be taking up the goalscoring role from midfield, and Rafa will probably go. Solid business all round.

[video=youtube;1UH9G6HTvUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UH9G6HTvUc[/video]

Cheers, great video. I always find those kind of "all involvements in a game" videos much more informative than the goals and assist compilations.

Seems to have great awareness, great at creating space for himself with his first touch. His touches are generally good and he's not just a trigger happy shoot from all angles players, but rather good at spotting passes as well.

Back