• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Tottenham v Fulham*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The standard of ref in the Chelsea, man u and yesterday were abysmal, and I don't know of any other top 6 team that wouldn't be complaining about it.
Normally I like that we are a class apart on these things but it's getting ridiculous now.

Agree with all of that. My fear is how much we need to change our game to accommodate him. First half yesterday, we spent a lot of time working it into crossing positions and to be fair to Fulham, the could see what we were doing and cut us off most times.

I genuinely like Llorente and would love for him to be a success but yesterday worried me because of the impact he had on our game and how poor he was when we did get the ball to him.

Totally agree, our game plan has to change completely to accomodate him, he lacks the movement to create space for others and his touch is poor, he maybe a good option in the last 5-10 mins when we are chasing a game but not as a starter.

Left the game just before the goal and we thought we had conceded when we heard the cheers walking through the park

Shame you missed it. It was mad in that stand as you’d imagine (even the ‘mixed’ part). The cheering must have resounded around the whole ground.

This is a badly needed win ! Good to see us coming back from a goal down to win. But we really made hard work of it. We were always going to struggle without Kane. But there is no excuse to struggle against teams like Fulham. Even without Kane, we still had enough quality to comfortably beat bottom teams like Fulham. Instead we played poorly and were fortunate to win. Almost all our key players were poor and we needed inspiration from Nkoudou and Winks to get this much needed win.

Credit to Alli and Winks for the goals and Eriksen and Nkoudou for the assists. Both needed good cross from Eriksen and Nkoudou and good headers from Alli and Winks for the goals. But apart from the goals, all our attacking players like Llorente, Alli, Eriksen and Lamela were poor in the match. Llorente didn't do himself any favour with the own goal which put undue pressure on us. This is why attacking players should not defend as they are clumsy in it. Really expected more from Llorente after his hattrick against Tranmere but he was so poor and didn't look like scoring whole match. Apart from his assist for Alli, Eriksen had a poor match as he wasted 2 freekicks and all his corners were shyte. Lamela was poor as well but at least he took better corners than Eriksen. Great to see Nkoudou coming on to inspire us to this win. It was a great cross from him to Winks. After his good pre-season form, always knew Nkoudou can make a positive impact for us. Hope he will get to play more for us.

Our midfield had a poor match as we badly missed Sissoko. Maybe we should have started Winks with Dier or Sanchez in midfield. Winks worked hard but we failed to control the midfield until late in the second half. Full credit to Winks for starting and finishing the move for our winning goal. Still fully not convinced of Winks but he is improving. Wish Sissoko will return soon.

Our defence had a mixed match. Our defending were not convincing, especially in the first half. It was annoying to concede the own goal the way we did. Our defenders should have been there instead of Llorente. As usual, Sanchez made too many mistakes that put pressure on our defence. We were comfortable in the first half until a blunder from Sanchez from which they almost scored and they grew in confidence after that. Similiarly, after we made it 1-1, Sanchez made another blunder from which they almost win a penalty. Sanchez seems to panic easily under pressure. He lacks the composure of Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

It is always great to get a win with late goals. But we do need to be more ruthless in front of goal. We really need to improve our performance if we want to stay in the top 4 race.

Left the game just before the goal and we thought we had conceded when we heard the cheers walking through the park

I learnt my lesson about leaving games early back in the season we were in Div 2 ' (called that at that time) . We had tinkled the league early in the season and looked odds on to win the league, but towards the end of the season we were dropping points all over the place.

One of our last games was away against Mansfield ( who were fighting relegation to Div 3) it was tinkling down, feezing and we were at a open end, the pitch was a mud heap and we player brick, we were 3-2 down going into the last minute and i had given it up. I left the ground and as i walked away i heard a mighty cheer from the Spurs lads, i tried to get back into the ground but the Rozzers we arseholes and blocked me.

Just out side the gate there was a old lamp post and i tried to climb up it to see what was happening, the bleeding thing broke and collapsed with me hanging on it to the ground. Then to top it all the Rozzers arrested me for breaking town property. :mad:

Since then i have never left a ground until the final whistle. :) It turned out we got the point and considering we only went up on goal difference from Brighton it was worth all that trouble to get a point.

I learnt my lesson about leaving games early back in the season we were in Div 2 ' (called that at that time) . We had tinkled the league early in the season and looked odds on to win the league, but towards the end of the season we were dropping points all over the place.

One of our last games was away against Mansfield ( who were fighting relegation to Div 3) it was tinkling down, feezing and we were at a open end, the pitch was a mud heap and we player brick, we were 3-2 down going into the last minute and i had given it up. I left the ground and as i walked away i heard a mighty cheer from the Spurs lads, i tried to get back into the ground but the Rozzers we arseholes and blocked me.

Just out side the gate there was a old lamp post and i tried to climb up it to see what was happening, the bleeding thing broke and collapsed with me hanging on it to the ground. Then to top it all the Rozzers arrested me for breaking town property. :mad:

Since then i have never left a ground until the final whistle. :) It turned out we got the point and considering we only went up on goal difference from Brighton it was worth all that trouble to get a point.

I was at that game, in that open end in the rain!

Lloris second choice for me now until he retires. Will be a decent enough cup keeper for us going forward, whilst we look for someone we can rely on. Hopefully thats Gazza.
LOL you, Sir (or madam?), are off your tits.

Thanks for the laugh, though.
I would refer you to my posts in the lloris thread where i outline my growing concerns about him.

I say would because i think its you having a laugh based on your post, i mean your response makes it sound like im talking about de gea.

Lloris is a good keeper but he's not elite level and actually is a worse keeper now than the one who joined us several years ago.

Mate, you are obviously entitled to your opinion. I am also entitled to think that that opinion is ill conceived, bonkers and plain wrong. I would never be so rude as to say that, though.

Back