1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

*Official OMT* - The day before a cup semi vs Chelsea and no OMT?

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Hotshot-Tottenham, 7 Jan 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 10 Jan 2019.
  1. Alderweireld

5.6%
  2. Alli

1.9%
  3. Gazzaniga

33.3%
  4. Kane

5.6%
  5. Rose

37.0%
  6. Sanchez

3.7%
  7. Sissoko

13.0%
  8. Trippier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hotshot-Tottenham

Hotshot-Tottenham Jonathan Woodgate

No, it’s correct.

The widest angle at the bottom, nearest the point of view, narrowing as it gets further away into the distance.

2. Daisuk

Daisuk John Lacy

If anyone with a subscription could copy and paste the article, that'd be nice. :)

3. scaramanga

scaramanga David Ginola Staff Member

I believe the Mirror has quoted the same person.

Essentially they're saying what everyone already knew - the Chelsea shot is taken a few frames after the ball has been played. That's obvious because the ball is blurred in Chelsea's image.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
    Spur of the moment and Daisuk like this.
  4. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Gerry Armstrong

It is good we won the first leg but wish we had won by more goals. It was not a convincing performance and result. With a slim 1-0 win, we will be under pressure in the second leg at Chelsea. It was disappointing the way we got outplayed by Chelsea for whole match. We didn't look like scoring apart from the penalty scored by Kane. Remember, we had totally outclassed Chelsea and could have scored 10 goals against them when we beat them 3-1 in the league just a few weeks ago. It is puzzling why we were poor against them this time despite playing a strong team. Let's hope we will lift our game in the second leg and get at least a draw to progress to the Final.

Credit to Kane for winning the penalty and scoring from it. He also had 2 other shots saved by the goalie. But apart from that, we didn't have any clear shots at goal. Our key players like Eriksen, Alli and Son had a poor game. Was really disappointed with Alli as he was not involved in any of our attacks. Remember, Alli always enjoys turning up against big teams with crucial goals but he had a quiet match this time. Son and Eriksen were virtually missing for whole match. Maybe we should have started with Lamela who had a positive impact when he came on in the second half.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Thought we got outplayed in midfield but we improved in the second half. Sissoko worked hard as usual but his finishing again let him down. Winks had a poor match as he made too many mistakes. Maybe we would have done better with Wanyama, Dembele and Dier in midifield.

Well done to our defence for keeping this clean sheet. Gazzaniga deserves full credit for making many saves to stop Chelsea. Amazingly, we have now won 9 matches in which Gazzaniga was in goal. Alderweireld and Sanchez too did their part to stop Chelsea. Rose too was good in defending too making a few crucial tackles.

With only a 1-0 lead, it is going to be a tense match in the second leg. Maybe we should call upon the spirit of 2002 when we lost to Chelsea 1-2 in the first leg but thrashed them 5-1 at home in the second leg to qualify to the 2002 League Cup final. Let's hope we will have all our players fully fit for the second leg to help us progress to the Final.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
  5. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

The moment the ball hit the net, I literally couldn’t give a fudge about VAR, or chelseas noddy fudging laptop.
    Goal counted. Move on! Next please!

6. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

Can I just say a few things?
    1) Clattenberg is notorious, attention-seeking taco.
    2) His initial instincts were right.
    3) His “Daily Mail employee instincts are precisely that.
    4) What Alonso’s body is or isn’t doing has no bearing on Kane. How many times has Kane used a split second knowledge of such a pass to gain the advantage? The chelski photo was after the ball left Toby’s foot and the fact Alonso was static in all frames shows why he was never going to get there anyway!

Interesting that no-one seems interested in asking why Sonny didn’t get a pen or why Lamela and Sissoko were each flagged for lesser fouls than Christiansen got away with?

Sky disgust me. The Daily Fail disgust me. Clattenberg cannot even get proper employment.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

7. Jordinho

Jordinho Clive Allen Staff Member

I'd rather celebrate a goal with 70% of the passion than not at all, but getting a pen that almost wasn't just adds to it.

thfcsteff likes this.
  8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

I saw it was a pen from where I was. I also firmly believe Sonny’s was a pen too.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

glasgowspur and Bedfordspurs like this.
  9. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Just can’t be arsed with 3 days of endless boring droning media scrutiny and moronic debate.

Goal was given, debating it is just pointless waffle!

glasgowspur and Kandi1977 like this.
  10. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Im pretty convinced this is ALL down to the novelty of it.

Give us a full season of VAR, and itll become boring and mundane and not worth the talk.

Right now its the new thing in town and holds everyones focus.

Quite honestly, itll kill half of the time needed for punditry.

Possible controversial decision - what did you think - well, err, looked like this but then wasnt and VAR called it right.

11. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Nick Barmby

I actually enjoyed the build up. I thought it had been called back because VAR had said it was offside. As soon as it was apparent he was on, there was the realisation that the pen had to be given, and the corresponding elation when it was. Then the nervousness of Kane taking the run up, then the unbridled joy of 'take that Chelsea you scummy clams!'

12. Jordinho

Jordinho Clive Allen Staff Member

Some people just need something to be angry about and media are too lazy to do any actual journalism.

13. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

I must stress at no point did I suggest I agreed with Clattenberg, was just supplying the view of a referee who I assume is better placed to comment than anyone on here whether the guy is liked or not. Even more so I couldnt give a monkeys about the offside as plenty has gone against us so if we got a bit of good fortune then happy days....

thfcsteff likes this.
  14. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Edgar Davids

And that is why you're here. :rolleyes: :D

thfcsteff and galeforce like this.
  15. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Justin Edinburgh

Nobody goes into forums to debate, they go on to educate.

16. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steve Carr

17. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

I’ve never been accused of that before!!! :D

18. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Think it’s definitely the 2nd point when it comes to media coverage!

19. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Losing Kane and Sissoko has put the final kybosh on this cup.
    Our full focus must now go on our top four league positions.

We were never going to beat City anyway:rolleyes:

20. scaramanga

scaramanga David Ginola Staff Member

Hadn't really looked too carefully at Chelsea's flimflam image as my permanent assumption is that Chelsea are cheating and that instinct has never yet been wrong.

Taking a closer look, isn't it quite clear that Kane has taken a step between the VAR image and theirs? Looking at the VAR image, Kane has his right foot forward, looking at Chelsea's his let foot is a step in front. Am I just seeing things or is it really that clear?

21. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Pay attention to Tobys end of it as well. One is as the ball is kicked, the other is after.

Its not rocket science, embarrasing really that they even bought it forward. No shame at all.

Though its mission accomplished, there is now plenty of negative press around VAR, hopefully (in their mind) meaning they get to keep the unfair advantage they enjoy in influencing referees in game.