• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT* - The day before a cup semi vs Chelsea and no OMT?

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's impossible to second-guess what someone might have done in the absence of something you know they knew to be true. My perspective in the Kane situation was that the lino initially waited for a further development before raising his flag (either the ref to blow or Kane to try and score, and possibly following instructions he received GIVEN THAT VAR WAS IN EFFECT), but irrespective of the delay, it's clear he then indicated offside. It's not possible to say conclusively whether or not he'd have flagged earlier in the action in the absence of the same conditions,* but I suspect he would.

* You'd have to (a) ask him and (b) believe his answer.

Last edited:
Thankfully I used the Chiltern Line station where there was none of this uncouthness on display... judging by the uploader, seems Spammers now consider Chavski their 2nd team :rolleyes:

Surprisingly erudite and un-racist for a Cheat$ki fan. Obviously blissfully unaware that the winning his team has done has been funded by the raping of the resources of the former Soviet Union by a pal of Vlad Putin.

Just read Alonso confirm wha5 I said earlier that the Lino didn’t raise his flag for offside, he merely stopped which in Alsonsos view is why the whole Chelsea defence stopped. it also caused Kepa to stutter his run and therefore foul Kane. It’s all the Linos fault for not putting his flag up when stopping

skysports-chelsea-tottenham_4541159.jpg

skysports-kane-offside-tottenham_4541143.jpg

It's a bit strange that they don't draw the line and have it sort of cut upwards as well (as they do sometimes). If you're going to use technology like this, then have it work properly.

Looks to me like the picture Chelski is using is slightly behind the VAR picture though (although difficult to say exactly). The line drawn by Chelski also looks slightly dubious, in my opinion.
The cheatski pic IS a tad later than the official VAR pic. Look at Trippier. In the VAR pic he is facing inwards, on the cheatski pic he's moving forward towards the goal.
And yes, the line doesn't look right. You need a grid, or several lines to be shure. (VAR has that, although not visible in the pic.)

Just read Alonso confirm wha5 I said earlier that the Lino didn’t raise his flag for offside, he merely stopped which in Alsonsos view is why the whole Chelsea defence stopped. it also caused Kepa to stutter his run and therefore foul Kane. It’s all the Linos fault for not putting his flag up when stopping

hahahahahaha, fantastic! fudge Alonso.

Haha, just learn the rules of the game you're playing. Also, kepa didn't stutter his run, if you look at the replay from behind his goal he's fully focused on Kane coming through and doesn't hesitate at all. And so what if the chelski defense stopped, they wouldn't have caught Kane anyway.

Haha, just learn the rules of the game you're playing. Also, kepa didn't stutter his run, if you look at the replay from behind his goal he's fully focused on Kane coming through and doesn't hesitate at all. And so what if the chelski defense stopped, they wouldn't have caught Kane anyway.
No your wrong

It’s the lions fault.

Alonso is never at fault

I've already agreed that IF you can see, then it's not likely to be an issue, but if you can't, and you think the opposite, it might be, and I'd bet they won't go there for that reason.

They might also be concerned about it becoming the thin end of a wedge, at the other end of which was a demand for all controversial incidents or potential infringements to be replayed on the big screen for the thumbs-up or thumbs-down.

What happens now if you dont know why a ref made a bad call (in your eyes)? Riots in the streets? Chairs torn up and thrown to the pitch? Of course not.

The whole point with VAR is that a qualified, matchday referee gets more chance to make the right call. Personally I think the chances of an obviously wrong call in this situations is slim to none. That even if you dont agree, it wont be controversial.

But the authorities wont put something on screen to appease the fans (which it will) 99% of the time, because 1% some people might not like it?

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, I think itll be fine and the outside (remote, long odds) chance of a blow up isnt a deal breaker.

Cricket and Rugby fans tend to behave a lot better.

Which is an example to football fans as to what standards are expected, rather than an excuse not to use the technology.

Heres an explanation from Clattenberg as to why it was offside - he thought Kane was onside originally:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ays-improve-VAR-Harry-Kane-penalty-farce.html

I agree Kane was off, but he's wrong about pretty much everything else.

There is no time pressure, it's written into the VAR guidelines that the right decision is the only thing that matters, they can take as long as they need. The VAR official is a qualified referee, the match referee on the pitch has no lesser or greater understanding of the rules. I think the flag should go up, but the referee shouldn't stop the game immediately. The referee held a finger to his ear and signalled for review, it couldn't have been any clearer. I agree they could put something on the screens when available.

This wasn't a failing of VAR, it was a referee mistake.

Heres an explanation from Clattenberg as to why it was offside - he thought Kane was onside originally:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ays-improve-VAR-Harry-Kane-penalty-farce.html

Read that yesterday
IMO he is wrong
He talks about the Lino flagging which in this case he didn’t - sky said it at the time and alonso has confirmed what I saw with my own eyes
You cannot take a view from a teams laptop over a view given by a neutral system managed by the Fa and say the former is right. That’s complete gonad*s and IMO Chelsea should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by doing that
The evidence he also taken about is after Toby has kicked the ball (it’s split seconds) which again is clear unless Toby wore white flippers that we’re 3 feet long

Clattenberg does these articles to try to remain relevant in the UK. He was a good ref and a nice bloke when I’ve met him (his best mate lives in Bedford) but it smacks of desperation to me

I think it's impossible to second-guess what someone might have done in the absence of something you know they knew to be true. My perspective in the Kane situation was that the lino initially waited for a further development before raising his flag (either the ref to blow or Kane to try and score, and possibly following instructions he received GIVEN THAT VAR WAS IN EFFECT), but irrespective of the delay, it's clear he then indicated offside. It's not possible to say conclusively whether or not he'd have flagged earlier in the action in the absence of the same conditions,* but I suspect he would.

* You'd have to (a) ask him and (b) believe his answer.
In general they don't seem to put the flag up until the player approaches the ball these days

Back