• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT* - The day before a cup semi vs Chelsea and no OMT?

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"I know, it's a phucking awful thread. I'll try, I should be able to save it."

2FBA4AD300000578-3381337-image-a-33_1451676092122.jpg

It has been 11 long years since we last win a trophy, the League Cup in 2008. It was disappointing that we lost 2 League Cup finals since then to ManU in 2009 and to Chelsea in 2015. So, we badly need to win a trophy this season. We have done well to be in the Carabao Cup semi finals. But it is going to be a tough home and away matches against Chelsea. We badly need to get revenge over Chelsea over the final defeat in 2015. We have a mixed record against Chelsea, winning 2 and losing 2 of our last 4 matches against them, including losing to them in the FA Cup semi finals in 2017. We did well to beat Chelsea away in the league last season. Let's hope we will make use of that win to lift our game against them to get a comfortable win in this first leg match.

If we want to progress to the Final, we need to get a comfortable win at home in this match. To do that, we need all our key players to be at their best in this match. I think our key player is going to be Alli, not Kane, in this match. Alli seems to enjoy lifting his performance in big games. After all, the last 2 times we beat Chelsea, we were inspired both times by Alli who scored 2 goals in each matches. We need Alli to be at his level best in this match to help us get a goal or two. Kane has been in good goal scoring form lately. Hope Kane will continue his goal scoring run in this match as well. Other than them, we also need Eriksen and Son to help us get the goals as well. Since Son wont be around for the Second leg match, we need him to give his best in this match. Hope Lamela will be fully fit for this match as his work rate and creativity will help us greatly. Too bad Moura is out injured.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match comfortably. Wish Dembele and Wanyama are fully fit for this match but too bad they are still out injured. Without them, we need to rely on Sissoko and Winks to help us control the midfield. I think Sissoko's work rate and runs will be crucial to us. Wish Sissoko can improve his finishing and help our attack as well. Winks needs to avoid any silly mistakes in midfield too. It will help us if Dier is fully fit for this match and help us control the midfield.

Our defence need to be alert all the time to stop Chelsea. We are going to miss Vertonghen if he is still out injured. A bit worried for Sanchez as he tends to make mistakes under pressure. But hope Alderweireld and Sanchez will have an error free match. Will prefer if we start Gazzaniga in goal instead of Lloris. We have won all the 7 matches in which Gazzaniga was in goal for us. Hope Gazzaniga will continue his winning run in this match. Since we are playing at home in this match and need to play Second leg match away, we need to keep a clean sheet in this match.

Ideally we need to win this match by 3-0 or more to bring to the Second leg match. But Chelsea will sure to make it tough for us. We need to make use of all our goal scoring chances and defend tightly to stop them. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get a comfortable win over Chelsea to improve our chances to progress to the Carabao Cup Final.

Last edited:
Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players available for both leg semi finals against Chelsea. It is going to be a tense match. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win over Chelsea to bring to the Second leg semi final.

Son is in the squad right? Skysportsfools just said we will miss him tonite?!? I thought he was off after the Utd match?

This time it has to be a lot better than the Cardiff and Tranmere jollies.
Time to put the lethargy of Wolves second half behind us!

Is this game possibly the biggest game for Poch up to now?
Only potentially 3 more games managed perfectly to lift his first ever trophy.

If we don't at least get to the final, can anybody really defend him re spending etc given the decreased state of Chelsea's squad even compared to two years ago? To win crunch games like this (where the squad quality is reasonably similar regardless of the cost to build them) it is the little details at key moments.

Come on Poch, get that monkey off your back and win a semi-final vs a top 6 rival. Then we can worry about how we overcome Abu Dhabi PLC afterwards.

COYS

I'd be expecting:

Gazzanniga
Trippier Sanchez Alderwiereld Rose
Sissoko Winks
Son Eriksen Alli
Kane

It's a big semi-final. Worry about Man utd afterwards (if Aurier had been back earlier, i'd expect him to start tonight AND vs Man Utd's pacy layers on Sunday but i think Poch will save Aurier for Sunday).

COYS

Please

Back