• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT* - The day before a cup semi vs Chelsea and no OMT?

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did we lose the match?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Only beating Chelsea playing well 1-0 is obviously a disgrace poch hasn’t won a trophy stadium delays bale plays on the left bassong is still suspended why is Anderson still injured son in streaky rose is fat and depressed Hugo was dropped because he was still drunk from the night before Eriksen can’t tackle Llorente earns 100k a week Janssen can do a job for us Kane has been found out as a 160 goal wonder and we’ll be the first team with 48 points to be relegated. #crisis

I doubt they would ever run the VAR footage so the crowd could see it, they'd be worried about it causing trouble. During yesterday's incident, half the Chelsea fans would have looked at the same replays and decided either it was offside, or Kane dived, or both. In tighter or more controversial calls again, the potential for dissent would be even greater.

Shouldn’t really like it when it happens to your team.

But I loved it when he put the spurs defender on his arse with the skill, it was sublime

Can’t wait till he fudges off to Madrid

Im not so partizan as I wont appreciate skill when I see it. Even if they are monumental bellends, some players have unreal quality and it deserves praise.

And yes, I think Chelsea will be lost without him.

I doubt they would ever run the VAR footage so the crowd could see it, they'd be worried about it causing trouble. During yesterday's incident, half the Chelsea fans would have looked at the same replays and decided either it was offside, or Kane dived, or both. In tighter or more controversial calls again, the potential for dissent would be even greater.

I think the opposite. If you can see what and why a decision is made, it makes it much more palateable.

Compared to just the "black box" spitting out a "Computer says no"

Watching that in the ground it was blizzare
Because the limo didn’t fall for offside despite what was said on TV and because it was clear kane got flattened the only thing that I could see being in doubt was whether it was in teh area or not....

We didn’t have a clue and the comms was a message on a screen saying penalty review

Seemed to me we played a diamond, Sarri realised the space was out wide so concentrated on that width and we were pulled around quite a bit... but when they crossed it there was nobody in the box. Not sure if that was Poch double triple out-thinking Sarri or what. But it wasn't pretty.

Every time we hoofed it out towards Kane, Rudiger beat him to the ball. I thought Kane would be far better at either winning it or buying a foul to get us out.
Before the game I saw the CB's Rudiger and Christensen as their biggest weakness, and something we should exploit. But to be fair, I thought both were excellent, possibly the best players on the pitch.

Before the game I saw the CB's Rudiger and Christensen as their biggest weakness, and something we should exploit. But to be fair, I thought both were excellent, possibly the best players on the pitch.

Yeah, if we have the same approach in the second leg - and especially without the quick and direct running of Son - i fear we will be well-beaten in the end...

Im not so partizan as I wont appreciate skill when I see it. Even if they are monumental bellends, some players have unreal quality and it deserves praise.

And yes, I think Chelsea will be lost without him.

I think the opposite. If you can see what and why a decision is made, it makes it much more palateable.

Compared to just the "black box" spitting out a "Computer says no"

In the cases where you can see clearly, I agree, but they'd have to be legislating for all cases, and I can't see them going there.

Even if somethings wrong, if I can see WHY that decision was reached it is IMO infinitely better than just getting a bad decision and having to live with it

I've already agreed that IF you can see, then it's not likely to be an issue, but if you can't, and you think the opposite, it might be, and I'd bet they won't go there for that reason.

They might also be concerned about it becoming the thin end of a wedge, at the other end of which was a demand for all controversial incidents or potential infringements to be replayed on the big screen for the thumbs-up or thumbs-down.

Last edited:

But both could have been sent off too
Chrsitiebsen took our son which I haven’t seen back but looked a clear red
Rudiger fiew in town footed off the ground on Alli at the beginning on the second half and it looked very reckless to me.

But both could have been sent off too
Chrsitiebsen took our son which I haven’t seen back but looked a clear red
Rudiger fiew in town footed off the ground on Alli at the beginning on the second half and it looked very reckless to me.
I've finally seen some highlights that included the Son chance, and it really looks as though Christensen grabbed his arm then made sure Sonny couldn't get to the ball. Surely a red card offense? I think the ref bottled it as it was so early in the game. On 80 minutes, that's got to be a sending off.

No mention on the BBC text commentary about it being reviewed. Does anyone know for sure whether VAR was used for that one?

Back