• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT Crystal Palace V Spurs FA CUP**

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes.
It is vital we consolidate top 4 for a variety of reasons.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We said this last season didn't we? And look what we did in the summer; diddly squat....after the latest "trophies are just for egos" comments what's to say that because we'd then need to offer that other key factor - more money - we'd end up doing zilch again? Not to mention that we are likely to NEED to do more in terms of squad replacements??

We said this last season didn't we? And look what we did in the summer; diddly squat....after the latest "trophies are just for egos" comments what's to say that because we'd then need to offer that other key factor - more money - we'd end up doing zilch again? Not to mention that we are likely to NEED to do more in terms of squad replacements??

LOLZ and YAWN!

We've got 4 more points at this stage in the season than in any other PL season.
Indeed... people seem to have forgotten how bloody atrocious the Tottenham teams of the 1990s and early 2000s were, back when we would lose as many league games as we won... thank goodness there was no such thing as social media back then, as I can only imagine how bad the daily trolling from the likes of Talkbrick would’ve been :eek:

http://www.myfootballfacts.co.uk/en.../tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-points-won/

upload_2019-1-29_9-57-27.jpeg

Really annoyed with this defeat and us going out of the FA Cup but not really surprised ! Always knew Pochettino would play a weak team against Palace and we got duly punished for it. This match proves yet again that Pochettino simply doesn't have the right approach for the Cup competitions and due to that we will never win any Cup under him. With us already weakened due to injury problems, it was really stupid to rest many players and play youngsters like Skipp and KWP in a tough London derby against Palace away.

With us without Kane and Son, we were always going to struggle scoring goals. But it was made worse when we started with Llorente, Moura and Nkoudou. Lamela should have started instead of Nkoudou who had a poor match. Really disappointed with Nkoudou as he had a chance to prove his worth but failed badly. He even missed a great chance to score in the first half. Similiarly, Llorente and Moura too had a bad game. Lamela came and improved our attack instantly in the second half but it was not enough to get us any goals.

The most annoying thing about this match is not even the result but the fact clueless Trippier taking the penalty and duly missing it just when we badly needed a goal with us down 0-2 ! Trippier had been poor all season and had never taken a penalty for us but not sure what made him think he can suddenly become our penalty taker ahead of our attacking players like Llorente, Moura and Nkoudou ! Trippier's lack of confidence was shown just moments earlier when he didn't take a direct shot from the freekick but passed to Nkoudou who wasted it. So it is really stupid of him to take the penalty soon afterwards. It is clear we simply lacked the right mentality and discipline for this match. This match proves that we are the worst freekick and penalty takers in world football !

Our midfield of Dier and Skipp were poor for most of the match anyway. Winks should have started instead of Skipp. Not sure how fit Wanyama was but maybe he should have started as well instead of coming in the second half. Our defence too had a poor match, especially in the first half. Sanchez was at fault for being beaten easily for the first goal. Gazzaniga's save was too weak as it allowed Palace to score the rebound. KWP was fully at fault for giving away the penalty with his stupid handball for the second goal. This is why I don't like youngsters playing in important matches as their lack of experience will always cost us dearly.

Until last week, we were still in 4 competitions and looked like can win at least 1 trophy this season. But annoyingly, we are now out of the Carabao Cup and FA Cup within a few days time. This means we will end up this season without any trophy unless we pull off a miracle in the league or CL. Pochettino has to take the large part of the blame for not taking the Cup competitions seriously. Not sure how we will ever win a trophy under Pochettino if he continues to ignore the Cups and only concentrate on the league. With us lacking squad depth, we will always come up short in the league title race unless we start buying more quality players.

Indeed... people seem to have forgotten how bloody atrocious the Tottenham teams of the 1990s and early 2000s were, back when we would lose as many league games as we won... thank goodness there was no such thing as social media back then, as I can only imagine how bad the daily trolling from the likes of Talkbrick would’ve been :eek:

http://www.myfootballfacts.co.uk/en.../tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-points-won/

View attachment 5889

Fair, but I think a lot of Spurs fans are still genuinely traumatized by that era, to the point where anything and everything is better than that - thus, we're a lot more willing to assign the word genius to what is actually roughly adequate competence (on the part of our owners, for instance).

I think it's definitely understandable. But maybe at some point we should let it go, and stop having a millstone around our necks that limits what we can aspire to from our owners, our manager and our ambitions.

View attachment 5889

Good post and so true, as you say social media has bred a new type of fan and has lead to the hysterical cry's from a new breed of fan. Our team is streets ahead of what we were and its down to Levy and Poch, but this new breed of fan thinks any defeat is a tragedy, any poor pass from one of our players means they are total rubbish, and every idiot has a vehicle to spout their fury.

I bought a new vehicle 4 months ago. Nothing immensely fancy, a 2019 VW with some nice bells and whistles, price was right, European handling, etc, etc. I PERSONALLY love the thing, and am still enjoying the new car scent. I took it for a detailing yesterday, and thanks to some good tire dressing, I happened to notice a bubble on the tire wall. I was not happy. You never know what caused a tire bubble (pothole? structural defect?) but one thing is for sure, having spotted it, I was not about to jump on a motorway and test the speed gauge, in fact I switched to my "Doughnut" spare and am replacing the tire imminently.

Eriksen has not been in great form since he came back from his stomach injury, and is probably still working through various issues of fatigue and perhaps even the uncertainty of his contract situation (he is waiting for Barca but they probably won't arrive so he has a choice to make). We are already without Kane, Alli and Son (were in his case). I have to believe the manager looked at Eriksen and saw a bubble on his wall which needed addressing (in this case, sit at home with yer feet up and fudging rest yourself!)...

As for the rest of the team, what else would you have suggested he do? It is not his fault that Dier (a player I love) is working his way back from surgery and had a flat game. Not his fault that N'Koudou missed two great chances. Not his fault that Moura was largely ineffective. Not his fault that Lamela had a flat game by his standards. And not his fault that Llorente was not just pants but missed an absolutely golden chance to get on the end of a cross for a tap-in. I just don't see where he can be held much at fault for his selection. Perhaps playing KWP on his unfavoured side wasn't great. Beyond that, he has to manage a stretched squad.

As for your last sentence, strange you didn't say that on Wednesday night.

I stand by my assertion since the injuries. Premier league is vital, we must be all-in and win these games, and we must focus on Dortmund. Nothing's changed for me personally these last 4 days.
I remember how great the CCF win over Chelski was, thinking we'd kick-on, only to see Berbatov and Keane leave for CL top 4 clubs

Also why didn’t Rose start? He had a great game vs Chelsea
I bought a new vehicle 4 months ago. Nothing immensely fancy, a 2019 VW with some nice bells and whistles, price was right, European handling, etc, etc. I PERSONALLY love the thing, and am still enjoying the new car scent. I took it for a detailing yesterday, and thanks to some good tire dressing, I happened to notice a bubble on the tire wall. I was not happy. You never know what caused a tire bubble (pothole? structural defect?) but one thing is for sure, having spotted it, I was not about to jump on a motorway and test the speed gauge, in fact I switched to my "Doughnut" spare and am replacing the tire imminently.

Eriksen has not been in great form since he came back from his stomach injury, and is probably still working through various issues of fatigue and perhaps even the uncertainty of his contract situation (he is waiting for Barca but they probably won't arrive so he has a choice to make). We are already without Kane, Alli and Son (were in his case). I have to believe the manager looked at Eriksen and saw a bubble on his wall which needed addressing (in this case, sit at home with yer feet up and fudging rest yourself!)...

As for the rest of the team, what else would you have suggested he do? It is not his fault that Dier (a player I love) is working his way back from surgery and had a flat game. Not his fault that N'Koudou missed two great chances. Not his fault that Moura was largely ineffective. Not his fault that Lamela had a flat game by his standards. And not his fault that Llorente was not just pants but missed an absolutely golden chance to get on the end of a cross for a tap-in. I just don't see where he can be held much at fault for his selection. Perhaps playing KWP on his unfavoured side wasn't great. Beyond that, he has to manage a stretched squad.

As for your last sentence, strange you didn't say that on Wednesday night.

I stand by my assertion since the injuries. Premier league is vital, we must be all-in and win these games, and we must focus on Dortmund. Nothing's changed for me personally these last 4 days.
I remember how great the CCF win over Chelski was, thinking we'd kick-on, only to see Berbatov and Keane leave for CL top 4 clubs

Good opening analogy!

Winks and Rose we’re both left out along with Eriksen.
Rose was possibly our best player when he came on against Chelsea and seems to be back to old good self.

I agree all in for premier league but not half in for the fa cup especially after we lost on Wednesday.
Also maybe his mantra the cups aren’t important is filtering down to the players.

I’m with you I won’t forget that CCF win vs Chelsea but berbs would have gone to Man U even if they didn’t qualify for the CL that season. It’s the nature of that beast which is Man U, especially at that particular time.

On the other hand, Keane’s transfer was a mystery and I still don’t understand it tbh.

Rose is recently back from injury and all indications are that he hasnt got multiple 90 minutes in him every week at this point.

Ever since he came in Poch has been very disciplined in looking after players physical state first and foremost. Nobody gets rushed back in.

Back