• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT Crystal Palace V Spurs FA CUP**

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And you know Levy really well, do you?

Picking on the posts and poking some bears today are we? of course I dont know Levy. but I base his transfer policy on his given track record over the years he has been here. Seems simple to me.

Don’t get me this is progress but without a cup or two it’s somewhat hollow to the point, it appears this is our sole aim to claim the top 4 trophy.
We used to slate them down the road but we’re doing the same without an Fa cup or two.

Poch said before the Chelsea match were in 4 competitions while Liverpool were in Dubai training camp acknowledging they have the best squad with city.

He made the point we’re in 4 competitions possibly as a dig at Liverpool but then he puts out a poor team v palace.
Also subbed llorente v Chelsea when he was confidence was up after scoring and would have scored a pen.

Can’t be half in half out. Or we prioritise just the fa cup forget the league cup completely

I bought a new vehicle 4 months ago. Nothing immensely fancy, a 2019 VW with some nice bells and whistles, price was right, European handling, etc, etc. I PERSONALLY love the thing, and am still enjoying the new car scent. I took it for a detailing yesterday, and thanks to some good tire dressing, I happened to notice a bubble on the tire wall. I was not happy. You never know what caused a tire bubble (pothole? structural defect?) but one thing is for sure, having spotted it, I was not about to jump on a motorway and test the speed gauge, in fact I switched to my "Doughnut" spare and am replacing the tire imminently.

Eriksen has not been in great form since he came back from his stomach injury, and is probably still working through various issues of fatigue and perhaps even the uncertainty of his contract situation (he is waiting for Barca but they probably won't arrive so he has a choice to make). We are already without Kane, Alli and Son (were in his case). I have to believe the manager looked at Eriksen and saw a bubble on his wall which needed addressing (in this case, sit at home with yer feet up and fudging rest yourself!)...

As for the rest of the team, what else would you have suggested he do? It is not his fault that Dier (a player I love) is working his way back from surgery and had a flat game. Not his fault that N'Koudou missed two great chances. Not his fault that Moura was largely ineffective. Not his fault that Lamela had a flat game by his standards. And not his fault that Llorente was not just pants but missed an absolutely golden chance to get on the end of a cross for a tap-in. I just don't see where he can be held much at fault for his selection. Perhaps playing KWP on his unfavoured side wasn't great. Beyond that, he has to manage a stretched squad.

As for your last sentence, strange you didn't say that on Wednesday night.

I stand by my assertion since the injuries. Premier league is vital, we must be all-in and win these games, and we must focus on Dortmund. Nothing's changed for me personally these last 4 days.
I remember how great the CCF win over Chelski was, thinking we'd kick-on, only to see Berbatov and Keane leave for CL top 4 clubs

I bought a new vehicle 4 months ago. Nothing immensely fancy, a 2019 VW with some nice bells and whistles, price was right, European handling, etc, etc. I PERSONALLY love the thing, and am still enjoying the new car scent. I took it for a detailing yesterday, and thanks to some good tire dressing, I happened to notice a bubble on the tire wall. I was not happy. You never know what caused a tire bubble (pothole? structural defect?) but one thing is for sure, having spotted it, I was not about to jump on a motorway and test the speed gauge, in fact I switched to my "Doughnut" spare and am replacing the tire imminently.

Eriksen has not been in great form since he came back from his stomach injury, and is probably still working through various issues of fatigue and perhaps even the uncertainty of his contract situation (he is waiting for Barca but they probably won't arrive so he has a choice to make). We are already without Kane, Alli and Son (were in his case). I have to believe the manager looked at Eriksen and saw a bubble on his wall which needed addressing (in this case, sit at home with yer feet up and fudging rest yourself!)...

As for the rest of the team, what else would you have suggested he do? It is not his fault that Dier (a player I love) is working his way back from surgery and had a flat game. Not his fault that N'Koudou missed two great chances. Not his fault that Moura was largely ineffective. Not his fault that Lamela had a flat game by his standards. And not his fault that Llorente was not just pants but missed an absolutely golden chance to get on the end of a cross for a tap-in. I just don't see where he can be held much at fault for his selection. Perhaps playing KWP on his unfavoured side wasn't great. Beyond that, he has to manage a stretched squad.

As for your last sentence, strange you didn't say that on Wednesday night.

I stand by my assertion since the injuries. Premier league is vital, we must be all-in and win these games, and we must focus on Dortmund. Nothing's changed for me personally these last 4 days.
I remember how great the CCF win over Chelski was, thinking we'd kick-on, only to see Berbatov and Keane leave for CL top 4 clubs

What is "European handling"?

I agree Poch didn't have a lot of choice - but our squad members (which presumably were his choice) are not of an adequate quality to come in and do a job. Its been a recurring theme - N'Jai, N'koudu, Jansen, Llorente, Sissoko (until this season), Aurier and (to some extent) Lucas and the regressing Lamela. While there are inevitably going to be some duds in our buying, I feel that it has been some time since we last really got a player in of sufficient quality to take us to the next stage of our development.

A thing Americans say i.e. stiff suspension, as opposed to American cars that wallow all over the shop when turning a corner.

Even though I am decidedly not American, you are absolutely right! More precisely, German handling. Very decent for the mid-range vehicle it is (the 2019 is almost like their giveaway bells and whistles apology for emissions scandal as the features are all Audi features, frame is an Audi frame but the car is far less...

What is "European handling"?

I agree Poch didn't have a lot of choice - but our squad members (which presumably were his choice) are not of an adequate quality to come in and do a job. Its been a recurring theme - N'Jai, N'koudu, Jansen, Llorente, Sissoko (until this season), Aurier and (to some extent) Lucas and the regressing Lamela. While there are inevitably going to be some duds in our buying, I feel that it has been some time since we last really got a player in of sufficient quality to take us to the next stage of our development.

Interesting post as it does pertain to something he said in the summer about being brave in the market i.e. not buying choice 2,3 or 4 if 1 cannot be had.

N'Jie, N'Koudou and Janssen are certainly busts. They simply have not panned out. "Bargain" options for bang-average players who have only achieved sucking up wages. Llorente? Who knows why he is a bust, on paper he should've been a great option. Sissoko and Aurier have both come very good, Lucas is OK and Lamela wasn't his signing but I believe is still a success overall.

I agree, we have not bought a player of that pedigree for some time, partially because we developed two world class talents. But I am all for not buying stop=gaps who might block (for example) Skipp. Winks has developed superbly and that is because we avoided the glamour to buy another midfielder last season.

In hindsight would something like this have worked better? Having people who could cross into the box from either flank as opposed to N'Koudou and KWP who were constantly having to cut back.

..........................Lloris......................
...........Foyth......Sanchez.......Vert........
Trippier.....Dier............Skipp.........Rose
.........Moura........................Lamela....
....................Llorente.......................

Surprisingly balanced analysis. JJ speaks lots of sense, but I disagree with his comment on Eriksen.

I think we should do everything possible to keep him and add further quality around him where possible.

Worth a watch, despite Clinton Morrison being a bit annoying, he's still mostly full of praise for us.

We've lost 6 league games already up to now with those players...the last time we lost that many by this point we had the energetic but porous Bentaleb-Mason combo.....

In a cup game without the likes of Kane and Alli you'd want to park the bus and then nick a goal. That's certainly be good to have as an option to conserve energy. Our rivals all do it from time to time when necessary, especially when they have injuries. Fergie was a marvel at it in his latter years.
We've got 4 more points at this stage in the season than in any other PL season.

Picking on the posts and poking some bears today are we? of course I dont know Levy. but I base his transfer policy on his given track record over the years he has been here. Seems simple to me.
Oh you mean spending £42m on Sanchez? Or £30m on Sissoko? Or £23m on Sonny? The last two being significant fees at the time. Yeah, he's a tightwad.

Back