• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT Crystal Palace V Spurs FA CUP**

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mate, frustrating day and last couple of seasons, but let's look at your statement

- Does any Spurs fan really believe this stadium will not make more than any other comparable stadium in the world? do you really doubt Levy when it comes to money?
- If Eriksen, Dele & Kane leave, we will pocket somewhere in the range of 400-500M, while they might not be replaced like for like, doesn't mean we will suddenly be bargain bin constricted.

It's foundational stuff and people are making risk/reward calculations during this period, some look like they will bite us in the ass, but it's short term vs. long term benefit.

yeah it should make money..I may be wrong but with such a good squad I think we should have added to the class we had. Will a squad like this come about again in the near future I would like to hope so because some of us may not be around long enough to see it..lol.

And rinse and repeat every season. We have been in the Champions League for a while now and we still have not paid Eriksen or Toby. And of you think we will sign any star players you don't know levy.
And you know Levy really well, do you?

Here's one: Lollerpool got to the final last year.

Liverpool preceded that by getting to the El final the season before I believe and Klopp has taken his Dortmund team to the final of the cl before.

We haven't gotten into the qf of a European competition since the redknapp season I think. And I don't particularly back us in a two-legged tie against better opposition.

Didn't catch the game unfortunately, was kf as bad as the scoreline suggests?

Yes, saying "we do not need the FA Cup" is being sniffy...seeing as top 4 is actually not guaranteed should we prioritise league games not play the likes of Eriksen etc vs Dortmund in case they get injured/need a rest?

In truth football does not need so many games.
It would be a bonus to win a cup and we will when the squad is deeper or we are sadly not in CL, hope not from the financial side which will push squad development back and us getting those cups.
We suffering from many injuries so even the Dortmund game may suffer like yesterday’s.
You are a cup fan. I get it, but sadly we are not in a good place fit player wise.
COYS

Will all have been pointless if we dont beat Watford on Wednesday. We need to try and sign someone, may give current players a boost more than anything else.

It was like the old days in the 90's/00....go one down in the first twenty,give another needless goal then run around a bit for the rest of the game, lose and go home, then wait till next year.

I still can't fathom, even now,how the team is suppose to play with Llorente....first half no service what so ever,the first twenty we sort of played to his strengths and sorted to create something,but then after Dier got taken off back to how it was in the first half. We had a winger on a pitch to create something for him,two wing backs as well and still no crosses....not saying constantly cross it over but surely we could have got to the by-line and created something for him. I saw llorente a few times down here for Swansea,and the number of headers he scored from crosses were numerous.

Looking at the sides left in the competition with only 5 or 6 premier league sides left, with a bit of luck we could have crept through to the final without playing any of the top sides and i presume the way Utd luck is going i wont be surprised it be them who will have the luck of the draw,anyway its nice to have a break in losing a fa cup semi final loss,couldnt handle another one,plus we'll have the Saturday off now when the 5th round is on,so one less game for Harry to miss.

This is my personal point of view, that I don't expect everyone to agree with (of course) - but if we have a season where we win say 50 matches, score a 100 goals, but don't get a trophy, in my opinon, that's better than us winning say 30 matches, scoring 50 goals and getting a trophy. There is simply more joy for me in us playing well in say 80-90% of our games over the course of a season, than mostly playing brick or average and winning a trophy. The two aren't mutually exclusive, of course, but I think we simply have to recognize that we're not in a financial position where we can choose to prioritize the FA cup over the league or the Champions League. We need the cash. Simple as. And with four of our best men out, and a lot of our best players having played a lot of matches over the past couple of months, the manager need to rest them every once in a while. Would it be better to rest Eriksen and Winks in the semi against Chelsea? Or in the next league game? The league is the most important to us as long as we're fighting for a CL place, and it always will be. Also, having just played an exhausting semi against Chelsea a few days ago, it might simply not have been a choice for the manager to play Eriksen - maybe he was at the point where he had to be rested (as Poch himself said

First decade since I don’t know when with three consecutive top 4 finishes. First time ever in Prem with three CL finishes back-to-back...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don’t get me this is progress but without a cup or two it’s somewhat hollow to the point, it appears this is our sole aim to claim the top 4 trophy.
We used to slate them down the road but we’re doing the same without an Fa cup or two.

Poch said before the Chelsea match were in 4 competitions while Liverpool were in Dubai training camp acknowledging they have the best squad with city.

He made the point we’re in 4 competitions possibly as a dig at Liverpool but then he puts out a poor team v palace.
Also subbed llorente v Chelsea when he was confidence was up after scoring and would have scored a pen.

Can’t be half in half out. Or we prioritise just the fa cup forget the league cup completely

Arsenal were playing for the top 4 trophy when they had the resources to finish 1st.

We’re playing for the top 4 trophy with the resources to finish 6th.

That's not true. Wenger clearly had to tighten the belt for a few years when they moved into the Emirates. They only really started to spend when they signed Ozil IIRC? After that I agree their board became obsessed with finishing in the top 4 and making money and Wenger would deliver that 99% of the time.

Resources aside, we have a better squad IMO than Arse, Chelsea and United which means we should be up there winning trophies.

That's not true. Wenger clearly had to tighten the belt for a few years when they moved into the Emirates. They only really started to spend when they signed Ozil IIRC? After that I agree their board became obsessed with finishing in the top 4 and making money and Wenger would deliver that 99% of the time.

Resources aside, we have a better squad IMO than Arse, Chelsea and United which means we should be up there winning trophies.

Thats when I'm talking about.

I generally agree*, but that's a flag to wave not a stick to beat Levy/Poch with.

*City are still at an advantage and seem to want to win everything.

Arsenal were playing for the top 4 trophy when they had the resources to finish 1st.

We’re playing for the top 4 trophy with the resources to finish 6th.

Amazing isnt it? That bit of perspective.

I dont know of a single poster who advocates a top 4 finish as "a trophy" or as a case of "exclusively, because I dont want to win cups".

Naysayers always try to make it a binary thing and it is simply not.

Back