• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Cardiff V Spurs*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Warnock is Cnut. Never happy unless he is moaning. Honestly if you were worried about fairness, then why have a mid season transfer window? Or have League games before important cup games. Always slagging off referees or going on about unfairness to cover up his own inadequacies as a manager.

The Warnock quote is a bit of an odd thing. It seems that it was in response to a very specific question about it.
And that question isn't asked without someone wanting to stir trouble. Strange timing.

Colin was complimentary about us pre game, thought he was mellowing in his old age but he does see things within games that they lose (or win) that others don’t. Like his keeper not making a save against Leicester, well except for the pen!

The stadium statement, I can see why it’s hit a nerve but if I’m being honest I wasn’t particularly happy about Liverpool getting 3 aways the season they refurbed Anfield as I feel home advantage would be a benefit as the season settled down and the teams settled into their rhythms. If it was another club building a new stadium we’d want to obstruct it and make them play at Wembley for the full season, especially if it was a big team. There has been concern earlier in the season in other threads that there may be a tipping point for the premier league where say we only have a handful if games left they may make us continue. Hopefully we announce a date soon and take away all the sniping and speculation.

Colin was complimentary about us pre game, thought he was mellowing in his old age but he does see things within games that they lose (or win) that others don’t. Like his keeper not making a save against Leicester, well except for the pen!

The stadium statement, I can see why it’s hit a nerve but if I’m being honest I wasn’t particularly happy about Liverpool getting 3 aways the season they refurbed Anfield as I feel home advantage would be a benefit as the season settled down and the teams settled into their rhythms. If it was another club building a new stadium we’d want to obstruct it and make them play at Wembley for the full season, especially if it was a big team. There has been concern earlier in the season in other threads that there may be a tipping point for the premier league where say we only have a handful if games left they may make us continue. Hopefully we announce a date soon and take away all the sniping and speculation.

This. Everyone's thinking it, Colin's just bitter enough to say it.

If it isn't open by early February at the latest, I suspect the Prem will start seriously considering the possibility of just forcing us to stay at Wembley.

This. Everyone's thinking it, Colin's just bitter enough to say it.

If it isn't open by early February at the latest, I suspect the Prem will start seriously considering the possibility of just forcing us to stay at Wembley.
Will be a shame as I really want us to take advantage of those extra away games! And I genuinely believe Wembley is becoming more of an advantage for away teams compared to a permanent home.

Would we? Why? I can't see any reason why we would. I certainly wouldn't. When our stadium is finished, then surely we should be allowed to play there. I can't see any reason why we shouldn't. Nor would I if another team was in the same situation.

As for that Sissoko tackle, I honestly can't remember any tackle he made that was even close to a yellow card, let alone a red. It must have been a hell of a lot worse than the one Joe Ralls made on Lucas Moura at Wembley earlier in the season then, cause according to Warnock at the time, that one was nowhere near a red card. He was saying disrespectful stuff about Harry Kane after that game too. The man has no class whatsoever. I'm disappointed Poch shook his hand after the game.

I don’t think the club would complain, I think we on here would. I know I would if it was Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea because I’ll moan about them over anything.

Spot on about Colin. I always thought him a WUM but the line between WUM and outright clam is starting to be crossed in the same way Mourinho jumped that fence a few years ago.

I think Warnock is just trying to deflect attention away from the utterly hopeless performance of his team. Not only were they bad, they didn't even run hard or make tackles. Get the home crowd up and we could have had an uncomfortable time of it, but instead they allowed us a pleasant stroll in the park. The first half from them was one of the worst performances I can remember from an opposing team against us. It really was quite pathetic.

Can't see why this has riled Warnock so much. As others have stated, probably just wants to deflect the attention away from his team's performance. Surely if anything it is an advantage for US rather than our opponents if we are to play the rest of our games at WHL rather than a two thirds empty Wembley?

At the end of the day the rule is the rule so I'm not sure we would have a leg to stand on if the PL did enforce the rule.

Hard to criticize our less than inspirational second half performance. The game was over at 0-3 and Cardiff barely attacked us afterwards. We could have scored more (Son wasted a decent chance) but most importantly we kept the sheet clean and injury free. Should have rested a couple of the front four but that's Poch for you!

I think Warnock is just trying to deflect attention away from the utterly hopeless performance of his team. Not only were they bad, they didn't even run hard or make tackles. Get the home crowd up and we could have had an uncomfortable time of it, but instead they allowed us a pleasant stroll in the park. The first half from them was one of the worst performances I can remember from an opposing team against us. It really was quite pathetic.

I don't think so. He's been quite plain about his players not being up to it and ours being very good.
As said above, this comment about the stadium wasn't something he just pulled out unprovoked, he was specifically asked for his opinion on the matter. Some journo looking for a quote to create a headline.

Can't see why this has riled Warnock so much. As others have stated, probably just wants to deflect the attention away from his team's performance. Surely if anything it is an advantage for US rather than our opponents if we are to play the rest of our games at WHL rather than a two thirds empty Wembley?

At the end of the day the rule is the rule so I'm not sure we would have a leg to stand on if the PL did enforce the rule.

People seem to say getting used to a new stadium costs teams points, plus playing at Wembley isn’t the motivator it was last year for teams - maybe everyone hates it as much as we do!

Even a point away to spurs at the end of the season could be massive for these teams.

Just to make the Wolves loss worse, we would only be 3 points off Liverpool now with their game in hand being City away.

Hard to criticize our less than inspirational second half performance. The game was over at 0-3 and Cardiff barely attacked us afterwards. We could have scored more (Son wasted a decent chance) but most importantly we kept the sheet clean and injury free. Should have rested a couple of the front four but that's Poch for you!

Game management, really wish we would kill a few more games in first half. I suspect if we had got the 4th early might have seen quicker subs.

FA cup game will likely have very few starters from this game, hence their rest will come.

It is good to get back to winning form with this win. We badly needed this win after the disappointing defeat to Wolves. It was not an outstanding performance but it was a comfortable win. We scored early goals and killed the game off when we went 3-0 up early in the first half. But disappointingly we couldn't add more goals in the second half. We still need to be more clinical as we wasted a few goal scoring chances in the second half. We could have scored 4 goals in the second half but Son, Kane, Alli and Sissoko wasted their chances.

Credit to Kane, Eriksen and Son for the goals. Kane was fortunate as the ball deflected off him into goal. But it is great to see Kane scoring his first ever goal against Cardiff. This means Kane has now scored against all the 28 teams he has played against in the PL. Kane has also scored 5 goals in the new year's day which is same as Andy Cole and Stephen Gerrard. Eriksen took his goal well with another long range goal. This means Eriksen has now scored 19 goals from outside the penalty area which is more than any other player since he joined us. Son too did well to score from a difficult angle. Really thought we would score a few more goals after that but disappointingly we failed to do so. Son, Kane and Alli should have done better with their chances in the second half. Son's miss is the most unforgivable one as it was a 3-on-1 chance with Alli, Son and Kane near their goal and only 1 Cardiff defender facing them. Annoyingly, Son wasted the chance when he shot it direct at the defender and the goalie.

Thought it was risky to play the same midfield of Winks and Sissoko who were poor against Wolves. But both Winks and Sissoko did really well. Sissoko was easily one of our best players as he was involved in all our attacks. He even had a chance to score but shot it over in the second half. I think Sissoko will be a great player to us if he can improve his finishing. Thought Nkoudou will get to play a part in this match but disappointed he was not even on the bench.

Well done to our defence for keeping this clean sheet. We were not really tested by Cardiff but all our defenders did their part. We had a few tensed moments whenever Cardiff attacked but mostly did well. Felt Gazzaniga should have started instead of Lloris but Lloris didn't have much to do in the match. We still need to concentrate more late in the matches. Wish Vertonghen will come back soon when we face touch matches later.

Good to see us moving back into second place in the league with this win. Wish we had beaten Wolves as that would have put us just 3 points behind Liverpool now. Let's hope we will go on a long winning run to put pressure on Liverpool in the league title race.

Back