• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

I have seen them a few times too, not since John Entwhistle passed away, but this might be the last time we get to see Daltry and Townshend together as the Who. Plus the Bill is pretty good.

I saw them at Glasto a couple of years ago on the Sunday night and was moved to tears.

It could have been a breakdown after 5 days on all manner of substances which at one point led me to believe the hand-wash station was a shop and I was demanding to see the manager.

But I’d like to think The Who really rocked my world.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Just got back from Metallica at Twickenham. Fantastic set, amazing production- but at the back the sound was appalling. Anyone else go, and if so what was the sound like near you?

That will be the venue. Etihad was better in that regard, but there is no doubt that in stadiums, the shape impacts the back areas. Their sound system is one of the very best in live music, and their soundman is virtually a 5th band member and has been with them for decades/knows exactly what to do. But he will tell you, bowls (or arenas with a very "bowl" like curvature) make things much more difficult. The sweet spot on these stadium gigs they're doing is just by the tip of the snake-pit and back about 10 "rows" (so-to-speak) towards the sound/light tower. FWIW these are consistently great shows, partially because they will only play 50 shows per calendar year as they have determined any more than that impacts their physical health which will in turn lead to a drop-off in performance level, something they refuse to entertain. They only want to do the best shows possible, and deliver the best shows possible. BTW, did you like Jess Cope's video visuals during "Revenge"? Excellent, right?

fudge man, gutted I didn’t go now. Last time I saw Metallica was in ‘99 at Milton Keynes Bowl!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

That will be the venue. Etihad was better in that regard, but there is no doubt that in stadiums, the shape impacts the back areas. Their sound system is one of the very best in live music, and their soundman is virtually a 5th band member and has been with them for decades/knows exactly what to do. But he will tell you, bowls (or arenas with a very "bowl" like curvature) make things much more difficult. The sweet spot on these stadium gigs they're doing is just by the tip of the snake-pit and back about 10 "rows" (so-to-speak) towards the sound/light tower. FWIW these are consistently great shows, partially because they will only play 50 shows per calendar year as they have determined any more than that impacts their physical health which will in turn lead to a drop-off in performance level, something they refuse to entertain. They only want to do the best shows possible, and deliver the best shows possible. BTW, did you like Jess Cope's video visuals during "Revenge"? Excellent, right?

This is the thing that happens as you say, many years ago a mate of mine opened a music venue in M/C ( a old bowling alley) he fitted it out with the best sound system he could find. One of the first shows was Led Zep ( and we all know their system is first class) but they were told that to get it right they would need to use the houses system, they of course refused saying that they would use theirs as it was blah, blah, blah. To be honest the first night they stunk the place out ( feedback etc spoiled the gig), give them their due the second night they used ours and they rocked the house.

Last edited:

Coming to my neck of the woods, quite literally, in two weeks. Taking place at an arena built for cross country skiing. Nothing but trees as far as the eye can see.

Tonight was Def Leppard (and a few other bands) in the backyard of the local brewery. Tomorrow it's Kiss.

BTW, did you like Jess Cope's video visuals during "Revenge"? Excellent, right?

Tbh the visuals through the whole
Set were amazing. I have seen them many many times over the years - the best (up til now) was in MK at the Bowl in ‘93 but the production on this show just blew everything else away.

Tbh the visuals through the whole
Set were amazing. I have seen them many many times over the years - the best (up til now) was in MK at the Bowl in ‘93 but the production on this show just blew everything else away.

That's got to be up there for one of the best of all time.

Back