• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

Why didn't Adebayor start? Mate who went told me that part of the problem was a lack of height and that Defoe was playing his selfish attitude game where all he wanted to do was shoot? Sounded like Adebayor could have been a better pick, bringing others in to play.

Just like the WBA game I guess.

I dont think Ade is fit, but IMO he should have started and come off if he faded.

I wonder if this was more the case of AVB sticking with his initial team on the basis of making people work to get in and showing faith in those playing? Trying to keep the squad onside...

My view is we should start with the strongest team we have available, and that for me would have meant Ade. But AVB may think differently about what Defoe offers viz. Adebayor, Ade's fitness may have been an issue (but I'd go with Nayim's view on this), or he is trying to give the players a sense of continuity and belonging.

I think next game we could see a few changes. I think he's got his Chelsea experience in the back of his mind about changing things too soon, and has wanted to stick with the likes of Livermore and Defoe to show good man management as they haven't done a lot wrong. Although he must now see that although they haven't done too much wrong, their playing is of detriment to the team, we need someone in midfield to create, be it with a pass or a surging run and we need a forward to bring others into play and have a chance of touching the ball when we go direct. AVB has given them a run of games now, it's time to mix it up.

Just like the WBA game I guess.

I dont think Ade is fit, but IMO he should have started and come off if he faded.

I wonder if this was more the case of AVB sticking with his initial team on the basis of making people work to get in and showing faith in those playing? Trying to keep the squad onside...

Yea I definitely agree, it's a bid to keep the players on his side I think. But I think he will have to mix it up now. I wish the transfer window shut at the start of the season.

It may have already been mentioned but we are seriously lacking leadership right now, I want AVB to give Dawson the chance to go out there and show his passion for the club. No one seems to want to take control, when we are playing awful our now most influential 'world class' player Bale just looks completely average. Our free-flowing attacking from the first minute, most beautiful football in the league has disappeared and it needs to come back soon, since February being a Spurs fan has been nothing but miserable but we need to stay behind our boys.

COYS

Team for next weekend against Reading:

Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Sandro, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Adebayor

Disappointing result, but it's going to take a little while to settle into his philosophy. Patience is needed.

Like others have said todays performance was like Hoddles or Ramos last few games with players not knowing what to do or caring.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine game we were unlucky, on another day we would have won
WBA for 60mins we were on top and should have been 2 up
Norwich everyone other then Friedel was shocking today

AVB has stated numerous times that morale in the squad is first class. We have just gone through one of the busiest transfers windows in years were nearly half the squad were linked with a move away or were sold.

I think its affected the morale between the players and AVB, today I didnt see anyone playing for the manager they all played crap.

I'm gonna say AVB will be sacked before Christmas, I dont think we have the players for his system to work and we wont give him the time to sort it out

Like others have said todays performance was like Hoddles or Ramos last few games with players not knowing what to do or caring.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine game we were unlucky, on another day we would have won
WBA for 60mins we were on top and should have been 2 up
Norwich everyone other then Friedel was shocking today

AVB has stated numerous times that morale in the squad is first class. We have just gone through one of the busiest transfers windows in years were nearly half the squad were linked with a move away or were sold.

I think its affected the morale between the players and AVB, today I didnt see anyone playing for the manager they all played crap.

I'm gonna say AVB will be sacked before Christmas, I dont think we have the players for his system to work and we wont give him the time to sort it out

Ade wasn't bad..

Re: Bad substitution two weeks in a row

Forget the substitutions, its the starting line up thats the problem!

2 ball winners at home is inexcusable whilst playing Defoe up top on his own is plain stupid. SHould have started with Adebayor and Dembele in place of Defoe and Liverbore

O/T Morison

What an utter penis

I don't normally let other teams players wind me up (except perhaps Terry)

But I seriously wanted 5 minutes alone with Morison at the end of the game

What a vile footballer he is

Anybody else see his antics at the end of the game?

Re: O/T Morison

He spent about a minute and a half refusing to give the ball, to his own players, just before their free kick

Blatant time wasting which the ref chose to ignore

I can't be sure, but I think he also had his hand all over Livermore's face, just before Livermore gave away the free kick that led to their goal?

Ref chose to ignore the initial foul on Livermore

He only played about 20 minutes, and in that time has made me dislike his club intensely

He spent about a minute and a half refusing to give the ball, to his own players, just before their free kick

Blatant time wasting which the ref chose to ignore

I can't be sure, but I think he also had his hand all over Livermore's face, just before Livermore gave away the free kick that led to their goal?

Ref chose to ignore the initial foul on Livermore

He only played about 20 minutes, and in that time has made me dislike his club intensely

Funny thing is...i'm pretty sure he is a spurs fan:eek:

I've saw him first hand a few times when he was at stevenage (as an away fan) and he is just a real thug. It's no coincidence stevenage are a bunch of dirty cheating timewasting wind up merchants and that's where that cnut picked it up.

We were a right mess today. Some serious problems that need fixing in all areas of the pitch. it may only be three games in, but I don't think there is any way AVB will make 4-2-3-1 work with the players we have. At Porto, AVB was lucky enough to have some of the best attacking players in the world and a world class midfielder to pull the strings. He doesn't have that now and if he doesn't see that and persists with the same system he will be gone sooner rather than later.

imagine if we had been playing one of the top teams today.

Imagine we'd been playing West Ham!

Its obvious that Adebayor is more suited to the loan striker role than Defoe. However, I do not know if he is fully fit, especially since he has had poor preseason preparation, for whatever reason. Maybe someone else can confirm this either way but I am happy to give a highly respected coach the benefit of the doubt for picking the experienced Jermaine Defoe, who is currently in decent form, in a team that quite frankly were more than capable of wrapping up a game like this in the first half.

Huddlestone - well that one went badly wrong but hindsight is a wonderful thing. It's pretty obvious what AVBs plan was though, wasn't it?

Sandro - much of a muchness between him and Livermore though perhaps he's still a bit jaded from the Olympics? Either way it's not as if he showed any sign of being more of a match winner today.

Agree with a lot on this. Defoe should have been replaced by Ade, leave sig on and keep it the same. If sandro took a knock then livermore should have come on to replace him alongside dembele who should have started. I do hold Hudd responsible for the goal for not challenging for a header in the box. Even if you don't think you'll win it jump up and challenge, it's sunday league stuff and he gave the guy a free header.

Back