• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

And you forgot he plays for the Arse as well :rolleyes:

Even the arsenal fans think he's pretty average and shouldn't be near their first choice 11. I don't think you can use the Spurs / arsenal card on this one.

Personally I think he's a decent prem player, squad player at a top side or starter for a Europa team and downwards. Pretty much the role he has now.

Even the arsenal fans think he's pretty average and shouldn't be near their first choice 11. I don't think you can use the Spurs / arsenal card on this one.

Personally I think he's a decent prem player, squad player at a top side or starter for a Europa team and downwards. Pretty much the role he has now.

I am sure for some the Spurs/Arse card is the primary reason, however I believe IF he can keep fit he will become a very good player. (imo)

Would have to disagree with that, what has held him back is the injurys he has had. IF he can stay fit he will be a very good player.

I for my sins have a lot of arsenal supporting mates...... I have heard various proclamations of how great Wiltshire is and will be, I have had to sit through ludicrous ramblings that he is in the same mould and will eventually be a much better player than gazza ever was.. I have maintained that they are wrong, and they way overate him..... and everyone of them now agrees with me, but not just that they overrated him, a lot of them actually want to f.uc.k him off.

Could have sworn I just saw Holtby crossing the road (with a lovely lady in tow) near Oxford Street, London. Didnt get chance to see properly as driving but it realy looked like him. Dont know if anyone knows his movements as im not on twitter.

Well, I think everyone knows my thoughts about what a fudge up we made last summer... selling Holtby and signing Stambouli!! Really.... our transfer team has some big questions hanging over them.

Well, I think everyone knows my thoughts about what a fudge up we made last summer... selling Holtby and signing Stambouli!! Really.... our transfer team has some big questions hanging over them.

They are very different players though and would not have really been competing for the same place in the side.

I think that we all loved Holtby's enthusiasm but there have to be questions about whether he has the discipline to play in a Poch side.

Selling Holtby was a good move. He was abysmal this season. If Hamburg weren't obliged to buy they certainly wouldn't have. He barely played 90 minutes for a team that was going through one of the lowest points in its entire history.

There was actually an article in the paper taking the tinkle out of him. During the relegation match vs Karlsruhe he got subbed because he was trash, then spent the rest of the game running around on the side line showing his 'enthusiasm'.

The press labelled him the most expensive cheerleader ever signed. He does his 'thing' on the sidelines, never on the pitch unfortunately (for HSV).

Different players who have different strengths, no way was it like for like.

Selling Holtby was a good move. He was abysmal this season. If Hamburg weren't obliged to buy they certainly wouldn't have. He barely played 90 minutes for a team that was going through one of the lowest points in its entire history.

There was actually an article in the paper taking the tinkle out of him. During the relegation match vs Karlsruhe he got subbed because he was trash, then spent the rest of the game running around on the side line showing his 'enthusiasm'.

The press labelled him the most expensive cheerleader ever signed. He does his 'thing' on the sidelines, never on the pitch unfortunately (for HSV).
OT but what do you think of Timo Werner?

Could have sworn I just saw Holtby crossing the road (with a lovely lady in tow) near Oxford Street, London. Didnt get chance to see properly as driving but it realy looked like him. Dont know if anyone knows his movements as im not on twitter.

Perhaps it was Pritchard?

He's to Holtby what McEvoy is to Bale

Different players who have different strengths, no way was it like for like.

Agreed.

Stambouli proved himself adequate cover for Bentaleb at least. No way Holtby could have filled that role this season.

I think quite a few of us thought Holtby's energy and enthusiasm combined with him being tidy on the ball with occasional sparks of real creativity could be a very good fit under Pochettino. I was a bit surprised to see him shipped out so early on loan at least. Just goes to show that there's a lot more to Pochettino's system than running around a lot and energy. Holtby probably just wasn't a good fit either in training or in adapting/learning how to move in the system.

OT but what do you think of Timo Werner?
It would be an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextremely risky signing. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near him. If, and its a huge if, we can get him for 1.5-2.75 million it MIGHT be worth a punt.

He had a monemental breakthrough when he was about 18. He was he next Reus etc. However definitely last season and the majprity of the season before that he has been simply woeful. He has been depolyed in a number of positions as Stuttgart try and revive all that promise he showed right at the start of his career.

We'd be buying a player that had a spectacular run of 15 games about 18 months - 2 seasons ago, and who has produced very, very little since then, and is far from a regular fixture in a team that just about avoided the drop. For example, Martin Harnik is a far far better player, and I'm not sure anyone would be clamouring to sign him. I'd leave well alone on this one, but I'm also sceptical that we have any genuine interest in him anyway, as the scouts will have seen his progression hit a brick wall.

It would be an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextremely risky signing. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near him. If, and its a huge if, we can get him for 1.5-2.75 million it MIGHT be worth a punt.

He had a monemental breakthrough when he was about 18. He was he next Reus etc. However definitely last season and the majprity of the season before that he has been simply woeful. He has been depolyed in a number of positions as Stuttgart try and revive all that promise he showed right at the start of his career.

We'd be buying a player that had a spectacular run of 15 games about 18 months - 2 seasons ago, and who has produced very, very little since then, and is far from a regular fixture in a team that just about avoided the drop. For example, Martin Harnik is a far far better player, and I'm not sure anyone would be clamouring to sign him. I'd leave well alone on this one, but I'm also sceptical that we have any genuine interest in him anyway, as the scouts will have seen his progression hit a brick wall.
Cheers. Stay well clear by the sounds of it.

Now officially signed for Hamburg on a permanent deal. Best of luck, shame it didn't work out for him at Spurs.

Back