• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

@101greatgoals: In goal v Benfica, Friedel’s (42) Spurs teammates’ age when he made his pro debut [Graphic] http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/i...mates-age-when-he-made-his-pro-debut-graphic/
Like Ryan Giggs last night, Spurs’ Homer Simpson lookalike Brad Friedel was another veteran called upon tonight to ‘do a job’ in difficult circumstances.

The 42-year old was brought in in place of the injured Hugo Lloris against Benfica tonight, and he did a solid job as always, conceding 1 goal he couldn’t do much about.

Spurs fan Ravi Cattry remarked on the age difference between Friedel and his younger teammates, and designed a graphich to illustrate it, showing that the likes of Andros Townsend was just 1 year old when Friedel made his professional debut back in 1992.

That’s staying power!
BjM0a3OCYAAH9eR.jpg

he lost a lot of money on football coaching schools in the US so he'll play or sit on the bench as long as he can

He looked ok to me and played well, tbh. I'd think he's the least of our worries (and we have a few).

Clever signing. Seems well liked amongst the squad, seems to be pretty big in the states still.
Pleased for him and us, bit of a win, win.

USA USA

Great piece of buisness, well liked, ultimate pro, speaks well in interviews, safe pair of hands if called upon in matches.

Don't think we could find a better backup GK, also worth noting his childhood home is 5 minutes from where I live now Friedel Friedel!

I'd be surprised if he's our regular backup next season.

Seems like he's ambassador/us outreach first, backup second?

Good role for him, smart for the club to keep our US momentum going.

I'd be surprised if he's our regular backup next season.

Seems like he's ambassador/us outreach first, backup second?

Good role for him, smart for the club to keep our US momentum going.

I don't think we'll buy anyone else. It'll be between him and Archer for early round cup games.

I saw that Friedel mentioned that he had met Pochettino and his team.
I wonder if all/most of the players have done so.

Friedel has been released for January to go and coach the USA U20 team.

Ties in with Archer coming back from loan and our 3 too many overseas players for the quota issue.

Back