• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Last Night In Soho has still my favourite so far this year.

Anya Taylor-Joy and Thomasin McKenzie, whats not to like?
Interesting that you say that, as I watched it last night and found it very average, felt like a TV show that they spun out for a whole movie.

I think I got massively sidetracked when Doctor Who showed up as a roosterney gangster, I just couldn't ignore that.

Interesting that you say that, as I watched it last night and found it very average, felt like a TV show that they spun out for a whole movie.

I think I got massively sidetracked when Doctor Who showed up as a roosterney gangster, I just couldn't ignore that.

Its funny you talk about distractions, i watched sherlock holmes films but kept thinking moriarity was richard stilgoe.
You may need to be British and of a certain vintage to understand that one.

The soundtrack helped for me too

The soundtrack helped for me too
Oh yeah that was another distraction. They mentioned Eloise loads of times and then the played finally Eloise... at which point I realised that The Damned didn't' write it and then googled to find it was a hit for some weird twins

By the way for some reason my text is invisible as I type, hence the typos. am going to bed and hopefully my text will be visible when I awake!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60897004

Will Smith slapped Chris Rock in the face on stage at the Oscars after the comic made a joke about the actor's wife Jada Pinkett Smith.

"Jada, can't wait for GI Jane 2," he said, in an apparent reference to her shaved hairdo - which is a result of the hair loss condition alopecia.

Smith walked on stage and struck Rock before returning to his seat and shouting: "Keep my wife's name out of your [expletive] mouth."

He later apologised on stage.

"I want to apologise to the Academy. I want to apologise to my all my fellow nominees," he said during a tearful acceptance speech for best actor.

The star picked up the first Oscar of his career for playing the father of tennis legends Venus and Serena Williams in King Richard.

"Art imitates life. I look like the crazy father, just like they said about Richard Williams. But love will make you do crazy things."

Bit of a dingdong move by Rock if it was a medical condition.

The joke wasn’t hugely tasteful (even if Will Smith initially found it funny) but does it justify a violent act?

The following apology to the academy and everyone apart from Chris Rock was a bit off as well, I imagine at most events one would get kicked out for assaulting a presenter rather than be given an award.

Thought Rock handled the situation well and would really love to know what he actually wanted to say when Smith was doing his psychotic yelling from off stage.

The joke wasn’t hugely tasteful (even if Will Smith initially found it funny) but does it justify a violent act?

The following apology to the academy and everyone apart from Chris Rock was a bit off as well, I imagine at most events one would get kicked out for assaulting a presenter rather than be given an award.

Thought Rock handled the situation well and would really love to know what he actually wanted to say when Smith was doing his psychotic yelling from off stage.

I agree, Smith was out of line, its not acceptable and Rock did handle it well.

Mocking a disability deserves and smack in the gob as a minimum. Good humour is never cruel. I don't particularly like Smith, but good on him. Just disappointing it was an open rather than a closed fist.

It was all so weird

Rock makes a joke, Smith laughs at it then sees His wife isn’t happy so slaps him.

Smith should have been booted out and that should be the end of it.

No one would remember the Joke if he hadn’t have walked on stage, now more people will hear it and it will be remembered.

plenty of celebs get roasted at these things (dicaprio gets it every time) but none have walked on stage to hit someone.

How the hell did Will Smith get to hit someone and just carry on sitting there, even picking up an award later on and making his speech!?

Some of the memes on Twitter a pretty good tbh

It was all so weird

Rock makes a joke, Smith laughs at it then sees His wife isn’t happy so slaps him.

Smith should have been booted out and that should be the end of it.

No one would remember the Joke if he hadn’t have walked on stage, now more people will hear it and it will be remembered.

plenty of celebs get roasted at these things (dicaprio gets it every time) but none have walked on stage to hit someone.

True though Leo tends to get the tinkle taken out of him for banging attractive chicks much younger than him, compared to say, a medical condition that meant he had to shave his head. Rock also made a joke about Pinkett-Smith last time he was hosting so maybe there's heat between them already.

Not defending Smith nor Rock tbh, thought the joke was in poor taste and Smith looked like a fudging idiot slapping him and then mouthing off, the Academy also look like total idiots for not getting him out of there. I assume if it wasn't for the fact that he was about to win the best actor award he would've been chucked out.

All very silly.

True though Leo tends to get the tinkle taken out of him for banging attractive chicks much younger than him, compared to say, a medical condition that meant he had to shave his head. Rock also made a joke about Pinkett-Smith last time he was hosting so maybe there's heat between them already.

Not defending Smith nor Rock tbh, thought the joke was in poor taste and Smith looked like a fudging idiot slapping him and then mouthing off, the Academy also look like total idiots for not getting him out of there. I assume if it wasn't for the fact that he was about to win the best actor award he would've been chucked out.

All very silly.

I agree, didn’t find the joke funny - but smith reacted badly.

The correct response would have been for smith to talk to him after.

whataboutery - but what if Jessie Plemons reacted the same way to a joke about his wife by Amy Schumer earlier?

whataboutery - but what if Jessie Plemons reacted the same way to a joke about his wife by Amy Schumer earlier?

I imagine he would have been out the front door on his arse within seconds.

Was Amy Schumer’s joke about a medical condition of his wife?

Back