• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Yes, it’s definitely more that tone than the standard Batman fare. In a way it’s a comic book film without being a comic book film. The characters are comic book characters but it’s a lot nearer Seven than it is Infinity War etc. There are violent scenes but they have held back somewhat so that the film can be watched by almost all.

Will check it out.

It’s hard to say. It’s different, and to compare it to the Dark Knight…. I think Dark Knight might come out on top thanks to the performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker. But that there’s a potential argument to be had shows just how good this new Batman is.

I can take/leave the Batman movies not really a fan, but talking about the Joker i thought the Joaquin Phoenix film where he played the Joker was brilliant.

He was excellent, and the film addressed mental health issues very well.

A lot of critics hated it though. 68% on rt. Guessing it challenged their view point of the world. Had never heard the word incel before. Became all the rage afterwards.

another topical film, not new, made in 1984, a nice cheery thought for us all, Threads

Cheers Baleforce, I had forgotten that film existed.
Utterly bleak and harrowing.
Good to watch though.
Would not recommend eating whilst watching most scenes.

Also the first half hour is a nice historical piece about 1984, brought back vivid memories of how grindingly dull and poor that decade was in reality.

Rewatched the first Toby Maguire Spider-Man film last night. My resulting argument is: It’s still the best film made based on marvel characters.

William Defoe is crazy good as the Green Goblin, it could have been cheesy as hell but ends up being nuanced and haunting. It’s no wonder he featured so heavily in No Way Home.

And J.K Simmons in his role absolutely crushes it, he’s so ridiculous and simultaneously believable given how media operates.

It may be an age thing as I was even more impressionable when I saw it than I am now but really bought in to the loser kid getting all these amazing powers and then becoming aware of the responsibilities.

Just finished it. I thought it wasn't great myself.

Started out decent enough, but poor writing really dragged it down in the end. Some of the emotional scenes seemed really forced and completely killed the momentum and a poorly developed plot.

Slightly spoilerish:

How can older Adam not have memories of what's happening to his younger self when the timeline gets changed, but a younger version of someone dying means their older version instantly ceases to exist?

Back