• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Bored and decided to watch Day After Tomorrow just to pass the time, forgot it's a film that triggers me so much.

We're stuck in a library and to stay alive. We need to burn the books..
Erm excuse me, what the fudge about all the wood from the tables, chairs and shelves?? Glaring Hollywood blindness.

Bored and decided to watch Day After Tomorrow just to pass the time, forgot it's a film that triggers me so much.

We're stuck in a library and to stay alive. We need to burn the books..
Erm excuse me, what the fudge about all the wood from the tables, chairs and shelves?? Glaring Hollywood blindness.
You missed that they were all Nazis?

I love the first hour of it, but once they pass the shopping centre the film goes from "we are in for the long haul ice age" talk, to "its all done, in less than a week". Way too fast an ending, it was like Emmerich ran out of cgi budget!

Finally got to see Spider-Man No Way Home and it didn't disappoint. Brilliant film. The difference between Sony running movies (see Venom: Carnage for example) and MCU running Spider-Man is incredible. Sony cannot make a decent movie to save their lives with these names.

Finally got to see Spider-Man No Way Home and it didn't disappoint. Brilliant film. The difference between Sony running movies (see Venom: Carnage for example) and MCU running Spider-Man is incredible. Sony cannot make a decent movie to save their lives with these names.

Enjoyed venom let there be carnage. Not a great film by any means but it was ok.

No way home does open a lot of possibilities though. Very much liked it. Also loved the fact that the trilogy was basically his origin film.

So venom 3, venom v andrew garfields spiderman?

Last edited:
Fair enough. Dunno what your type of film is. But it is interesting, well written, well acted, well made.
Not denigrating it, just not my thing.
No interest in boxing/fighting, or from the bits of it ive seen unwashed little poseurs in dark rooms trying to act like hard men

:)

Maybe try the book. It's not what you think it is.

Or don't.

I'm not a deep movie person, i prefer escapism.
I watch movies to get away from my problems, not live through someone else's.
Each to their own.
Did watch a good movie on Saturday night, the big red one.
Loosely based on sam fuller's experience of Ww2.

No interest in boxing/fighting, or from the bits of it ive seen unwashed little poseurs in dark rooms trying to act like hard men

Oh wow. Not trying to throw shade at you here but there are so many dissections to this statement it's quite unreal. The whole 'never judge a book by it's cover' view comes to mind here.

The whole interest in boxing/fighting is laughable to those who have seen the movie. Let me put it this way, everything you have preconceived about Fight Club is wrong.

Oh wow. Not trying to throw shade at you here but there are so many dissections to this statement it's quite unreal. The whole 'never judge a book by it's cover' view comes to mind here.

The whole interest in boxing/fighting is laughable to those who have seen the movie. Let me put it this way, everything you have preconceived about Fight Club is wrong.

Tbf there is boxing/fighting in it. If that's something people don't like. Fair enough.

But yes, agree that's not what the story is really about.

Back