• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Denzel Washington’s new film last night . The little things.

Expected much more . Ok in parts but bit underwhelming. Jared Leto was good in Dallas buyers club and that’s where it ends. He try’s so hard to play these weird characters but just does not pull it off.

Watched Dune on a whim last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The HD rip is good quality, but imagine it looks amazing on the big screen.

I knew absolutely nothing about it beforehand but was hooked. Also, great to watch a blockbuster movie with very well balanced sound!

Just had a double bill today of The French Dispatch followed by Dune.

Each marvellous in their way
I’m going to watch Dune up Watford IMAX with some some fellow sci-fi geeks over the weekend.

Might save The French Dispatch for when it gets shown at local indie cinema next month, as it’ll no doubt be shown in the pokiest screen at multiplexes.

Ok dune is amazing. Loved it. Slow pace so might not be for everyone. But for me ticked all the boxes.

This aint a marvel film. Don't expect that, more subtle.

Also it's part one. A lot of people saying the ending seemed flat, as only half of the book. Personally think it was great. If you realise
he isn't a hero. That he had an out for all the bloodshed to come by dying. But chose not to. He's not saving the fremen. The harkonens think there's only 50k of them. He's going to lead them on a religious crusade killing billions and spanningthe galaxy.

Last edited:
Finally saw Bond last night.
Rather good, though I suppose it depends on what you make of Craig's Bond. Pleased that I had avoided main plot points beforehand.
Ana de Armas in that dress and fight scene certainly was one of the best parts.

The villain didn't really match up for me. The Spectre and Blofeld parts were questionable.

I’m going to watch Dune up Watford IMAX with some some fellow sci-fi geeks over the weekend.

Might save The French Dispatch for when it gets shown at local indie cinema next month, as it’ll no doubt be shown in the pokiest screen at multiplexes.
I saw dune last night
Well made and interesting to say the least

20th anniversary of the 1st Harry Potter film being released
So am taking my youngest to watch it on Friday at the cinema, she is very excited and so am I

I saw dune last night
Well made and interesting to say the least

Villeneuve’s movie certainly has great production values but could’ve done with more spaceship stuff (guess that’s being saved for part 2) and I rewatched the David Lynch film to remind me of those aspects from the novel(s) which the new version left out plus the monologues helped refresh my memory of some of the finer plot points.

Noticed that the 2 mini-series are on Amazon Prime, so might watch them this week then do an encore of Dune up Odeon to see if I enjoy it more.

Villeneuve’s movie certainly has great production values but could’ve done with more spaceship stuff (guess that’s being saved for part 2) and I rewatched the David Lynch film to remind me of those aspects from the novel(s) which the new version left out plus the monologues helped refresh my memory of some of the finer plot points.

Noticed that the 2 mini-series are on Amazon Prime, so might watch them this week then do an encore of Dune up Odeon to see if I enjoy it more.

I guess it depends what you want. The books aren't really about spaceship stuff. They're about politics, religion, prophecy, science, human destiny. There's other films that fill the spaceship stuff gap. But without it can it be successful enough to finish the story?

There has been signals from warner bros that the sequel will come. But they were only 25% of the funding. Legendary being the other 75%.

Hope it does well. But great copy available on the internet, hbo max release, not sure it will.

Back