• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Moving to the small screen, Justified is a fantastic TV show and Leonard approved of it.
Been catching up with season 4 of Fargo and see that Timothy Olyphant is playing almost the same character yet again, not necessarily a bad thing when he’s so good at that role although Deadwood remains my favourite.

I wish they would do a David Prowse on Winston though to be fair, unless he is actually playing a British character from London. Terrible Russian accent.

The Tomorrow War is pretty good too, nothing mind bending but a decent watch.

Been catching up with season 4 of Fargo and see that Timothy Olyphant is playing almost the same character yet again, not necessarily a bad thing when he’s so good at that role although Deadwood remains my favourite.
I'm yet to see Deadwood, or to begin the 4th season of Fargo.
I was amused to see him playing a 'Marshal' in an episode of the Mandalorian recently

I wish they would do a David Prowse on Winston though to be fair, unless he is actually playing a British character from London. Terrible Russian accent.

The Tomorrow War is pretty good too, nothing mind bending but a decent watch.
I enjoyed the Tomorrow War. Not too silly.

Compare that with an utter monstrouserty of a film called Anti-Life. Started it the other week but couldn't finish it. Everything about it was awful.

I enjoyed the Tomorrow War. Not too silly.

Compare that with an utter monstrouserty of a film called Anti-Life. Started it the other week but couldn't finish it. Everything about it was awful.
Same as
Anti life was toss for the 30 minutes I watch of it
Tomorrow war was smart and entertaining

Bruce Willis seems to be doing almost exclusively paycheck roles these days. Seeing his name attached to a new movie has become a massive warning sign.

Bruce Willis seems to be doing almost exclusively paycheck roles these days. Seeing his name attached to a new movie has become a massive warning sign.
Checking IMDb shows he's 'upped' his output significantly in the last couple of years. Maybe a private joke task to sleepwalk through as many bad films in as short a time as possible.

That said, I am a bit curious about Midnight in the Switchgrass.

Yeah, Willis has gone the easy money route and sold his soul to subscription based services, or as I like to call it 'Straight to e-DVD'. They're all at it.

Had to turn Tomorrow War off after about half hour, proper brick

I find most original films made by Netflix and Amazon to be forgettable trash. So glad the cinemas are open again. I find Netflix and Amazon’s business model seems to be to make as much content as possible rather than focus on quality like HBO tend to do. They both make some very good tv shows but their films for the most part are 2/5 fluff.

I find most original films made by Netflix and Amazon to be forgettable trash. So glad the cinemas are open again. I find Netflix and Amazon’s business model seems to be to make as much content as possible rather than focus on quality like HBO tend to do. They both make some very good tv shows but their films for the most part are 2/5 fluff.
Completely agree, Netflix original movies in my experience are 99% brick! They do some great doco’s and “tv” series though.

Back