• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

worst OSCARS show ive ever seen, no host, no montages, FFWD thru in memoriam, even anthony hopkins couldnt have the last word

They ditched the host format a couple of years ago IIRC when Kevin Hart got the gig but had to step back because of something he tweeted about a million years ago that got dragged up again. I think forgiveness and due process are foreign concepts in the woke parts of America, which Hollywood certainly is.

Also, more people would watch if they nominated films that people have actually seen. Yes the film buffs in this thread and in general may have watched Sound of Metal and Mank but I doubt the vast majority of the public have. I thought the whole point of expanding the field of the traditional 5 nominations for best picture to 8/9 was so that they could continue business as usual rewarding the artsy fartsy films the academy loves AND also recognising the more popcorn, crowd pleasers like Avatar and LOTR. More people watch the oscars in general when they have seen the films that are nominated.

They ditched the host format a couple of years ago IIRC when Kevin Hart got the gig but had to step back because of something he tweeted about a million years ago that got dragged up again. I think forgiveness and due process are foreign concepts in the woke parts of America, which Hollywood certainly is.

Also, more people would watch if they nominated films that people have actually seen. Yes the film buffs in this thread and in general may have watched Sound of Metal and Mank but I doubt the vast majority of the public have. I thought the whole point of expanding the field of the traditional 5 nominations for best picture to 8/9 was so that they could continue business as usual rewarding the artsy fartsy films the academy loves AND also recognising the more popcorn, crowd pleasers like Avatar and LOTR. More people watch the oscars in general when they have seen the films that are nominated.
The woke part of Hollywood that is also still quite racists and sexist

Wow proper sleaze bag. I enjoyed the adulthood movies and I'm not a huge movie fan, they won't be shown again then will they.

Makes you wonder how they think they will get away with it. Worth watching the episode of inside number 9 he was in again. Wonder if the writers were hinting at anything.
It’s pretty scummy
I’ve followed his career since he came in the scene. It was rare for a back writer or director and did make some great stuff

Wow proper sleaze bag. I enjoyed the adulthood movies and I'm not a huge movie fan, they won't be shown again then will they.

Makes you wonder how they think they will get away with it. Worth watching the episode of inside number 9 he was in again. Wonder if the writers were hinting at anything.

Which episode of Inside no. 9 was he in?

Without Remorse is on Amazon
It's one of Tom Clancy's first books, a very good one about john Kelly who becomes John Clark if any of you know the characters

Very meh I thought.

Watched Mortal Kombat the other day, absolutely dumb but it was fun.
I’ve heard their making a new one
The original is bad but yeah watchable I guess
My daughter watched Master of the Universe yesterday and loved it
She also watched flight of the navigator too on Saturday and enjoyed that.
Both were crap IMO but she is 7 and was happy to watch

I’ve heard their making a new one
The original is bad but yeah watchable I guess
My daughter watched Master of the Universe yesterday and loved it
She also watched flight of the navigator too on Saturday and enjoyed that.
Both were crap IMO but she is 7 and was happy to watch

I watched the new one, it's been out for a about 2/3 weeks now, can be found online as it launched on streaming services, something from pandemic times that I hope sticks around but I doubt it!

I love a crappy dumb movie from time to time, sometimes it's nice to just switch off your brain and watch people fight or blow each other up.

I remember loving Masters of the Universe as a kid, total garbage but good nostalgia these days. Also Courtney Cox was alright back then wasn't she.

I watched the new one, it's been out for a about 2/3 weeks now, can be found online as it launched on streaming services, something from pandemic times that I hope sticks around but I doubt it!

I love a crappy dumb movie from time to time, sometimes it's nice to just switch off your brain and watch people fight or blow each other up.

I remember loving Masters of the Universe as a kid, total garbage but good nostalgia these days. Also Courtney Cox was alright back then wasn't she.
Yep
She was

Back