• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Another thumbs up for "Sound of Metal", one of them films that makes you appreciate what you've got and probably take for granted.

Great acting and the post production work audio wise was superb in the way it switched up the perspective.

I watched the Sound of Metal last night, well above average and a subject rarely approached. Riz Ahmed excellent, as usual.

Hmm, I thought it was a fairly average film elevated but a 5/5 performance from Riz Ahmed, there wasn’t anything particularly memorable about the film for me other than his acting. I’ve only seen 3 out of the 8 Oscar nominated films for best picture but the ones I have seen I haven’t been overly impressed by;

Mank - such a boring film. And I love David Fincher, he’s my favourite director after Spielberg and alongside Clint Eastwood. I’ve seen Citizen Kane which is also quite boring. I consider myself a film buff but Kane is one of those films that was groundbreaking in its own time for its technical achievements and storytelling techniques but it’s not an easy watch.

Trial of the Chicago 7 was solid and entertaining but again, not overly exciting.

One film I did absolutely love recently was Palm Springs. Would happily watch that again.

Just watched Promising Young Woman. Good film but not for the faint hearted. Apparently every man Carey Mulligan meets in the film is a rapist. Hardly surprising it was written by a woman

Back