• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Queen & Slim with Daniel Kaluuya of Get Out fame and Jodie Turner-Smith in her first major role (i think) a young couple on a first date end up on the run across the country after shooting a cop in an act of self defence - filmed and released before things kicked off in the States after the George Floyd killing this is as much a straight up road movie as it is a snap shot of the racial politics of the time.

Good movie and considering what has followed since pretty bang on with capturing what was bubbling under the surface.

Recommended

I just watched Monster Hunter was actually quite fun and a not bad watch
Remember Tony Jaa being next big thing after Ong Bak, can’t believe that was released 18 years ago!

Mila Jovavic appears to have aged like a fine wine, might’ve to give this film a whirl.

Remember Tony Jaa being next big thing after Ong Bak, can’t believe that was released 18 years ago!.
Seen him in a few things recently but he seems to be mostly mis-used.

Sat Po Long 2 is a definite good watch, as is Ip Man Legacy. Triple Threat was decent (but a lot for the supporting cast, Scott Adkins* is great!)

Not so much Triple X though, Vin Diesel is so so bad! Jaa has a Nick Cage film coming up as well, so that’s never a good sign.

* The Debt Collecter and Avengement are enormous fun if you like mindless violence.

One Night in Miami was ok. Good acting but nothing special, the reviews are way OTT. Honestly I feel a lot of times film critics try to be politically correct with films like this, Black Panther and Moonlight which are all good films but nowhere near as good as the reviews make out they are.

Da 5 Bloods on the other hand was excellent. Got a bit silly towards the end but I really liked it.

Back